• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Denzi, Im pretty sure ZSS can't break out of the CG if done perfectly. Or am I wrong ?
Walking CG or running CG, a zero samus can get out of it with her down-b. I play against a few ZSS and they tend to get out of it very often.

wangston

Smash Lord
I dont think the pillar works on anyone to be honest.
I think if you have frame perfect timing it works. I see dai-a do it all the time on everyone, when I try it on the same people he did it on they can always jab or do something else. I'm too slow.

Jon?

Smash Champion
From my own experience, I never seen someone spot dodge my grab after I have used my jab. Other characters can break you jab -> grab with their own jab or a faster move (Marth's up-B for example).

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
We need to figure out frame data for typical Falco stuff [Atleast know them from heart, I know the frame data is out there](Jab-Grab, Laser-jab, wall jump-phantasm)

And anyone with a fast aerial. Like peach, luigi, etc. Jab > ShieldGrab is generally the safest thing to do.

We need to figure out frame data for typical Falco stuff [Atleast know them from heart, I know the frame data is out there](Jab-Grab, Laser-jab, wall jump-phantasm)
That can pretty much already be deduced from looking at 3GOD's frame data.

Silent Laser gives a +3 in frame advantage. So with silent laser the opponent take 3 frames in hitstun while falco can do anything in there. So in a way, silent laser > jab combo is a true combo.

Jab gives a -13 frame advantage and a grab takes 6 frames to come out. So technically the opponent has 19 frames to react and do something from Jab > Grab. But there is probably something in there about the time it takes for the person to fall.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Jab gives a -13 frame advantage and a grab takes 6 frames to come out. So technically the opponent has 19 frames to react and do something from Jab > Grab. But there is probably something in there about the time it takes for the person to fall.
Doesn't the jab have some small hit stun to it? Because I know the frame between the jab and grab has to be less than 19 frames. There are lots of moves that can be used during 19 frames to counter act the jab>grab.

Doesn't the jab have some small hit stun to it? Because I know the frame between the jab and grab has to be less than 19 frames. There are lots of moves that can be used during 19 frames to counter act the jab>grab.
-13 frames on the single jab includes hitstun to it. So the complete time it takes from the jab to complete vs the opponent getting hit they can react with in that 13 frames somehow. But it is less because the jab props them up into the air a bit. Then you include the 6 start up frames from the grab. So between the time the jab ends to the time the grab comes out is -19 frames. Between which the person is proped up into the air a bit which probably brings the grounded reaction time to less than 10 frames. This explains why the jab to grab isn't always relieable, but you are asking someone to react to a move in less than 1/3 of a second. Most people don't have the reaction skills to react that quickly unless they know it's coming ahead of time.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
3GOD's frame data is a bit ambiguous. He doesn't say if the advantage comes from hitting with as soon as the hit box comes out, right before it ends, or somewhere in the middle. Generally frame advantages only count with hitting at the last moment possible. If he followed this format, the advantage/disadvantages are actually a bit worse.

3GOD's frame data is a bit ambiguous. He doesn't say if the advantage comes from hitting with as soon as the hit box comes out, right before it ends, or somewhere in the middle. Generally frame advantages only count with hitting at the last moment possible. If he followed this format, the advantage/disadvantages are actually a bit worse.
Even if his data is incomplete, the fact doesn't change that jab > grab is great, but not perfect.

Geekhead

Smash Apprentice
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215100

Our video Thread as a lot of names of good falcos.

Best, I'm not entirely sure about. I've not kept up with the tournaments really. DEHF and SK92 are the only 2 that I remember specfically for being excellent Falco users.
sorry, may be off topic right now, but i think it is dia-a. He was the best in utah since the first tourney, until he moved.

here is an award they gave him on this page
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=197838

Jon?

Smash Champion
Is DACUS easier if start a dash by hitting diagonally on the control stick?
For some people I've spoken to, they find it easer to do a DACUS or boost smash pointing diagonally on the control stick. Of course, you might want to turn off tap jump to prevent any unexpected hops.

For myself, I do the usual way of dash (pointing control stick directly left or right), initiate the dash attack with down c-stick, and doing the Usmash with up control stick z. I can do it in training mode, but I haven't incorporated it into my gameplay yet.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I dont think the pillar works on anyone to be honest.
It's certainly not guaranteed, but it can net you perhaps one regrab if they're not expecting it, but if they are expecting it, it won't work.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
For some people I've spoken to, they find it easer to do a DACUS or boost smash pointing diagonally on the control stick. Of course, you might want to turn off tap jump to prevent any unexpected hops.

For myself, I do the usual way of dash (pointing control stick directly left or right), initiate the dash attack with down c-stick, and doing the Usmash with up control stick z. I can do it in training mode, but I haven't incorporated it into my gameplay yet.
I hate tap jump, it grants me unwanted jumps when really trying to use up tilt and up air.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Is a walk auto-buffered if you hold left/right during the animation of a throw?
It's not really "buffered." I think the game just doesn't read that you hit the stick hard if you don't time a dash well and you'll end up walking.

---

I used to just hit forward> C-stick down > quarter circle from forward to up + L as attack for a DACUS and I'd get it off pretty well. But then I started just hitting diagonally up and forwards > C-stick down > L and I got it much more consistently.

Denzi

Smash Master
Is it possible that the CG is useless against ROB? I played against a CPU rob today and found that regardless what I tried, he always managed to get out for some reason. And he was the only char I couldn't CG. >.<
The CG does not work against ROB, as well as several other characters.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I was wondering, could somebody who is proefficient with grabs and has plenty of matchup experience recreate the chaingrab thread so we have some legit information on the chaingrab?

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I always walk, so I never trip. Standing grab has more range, and you don't have to waste time shielding, so it's just as good as any other options. When I don't mess up, it doesn't fail me on any character. On some characters, it greatly increases the amount of times I can chaingrab over a short distance, because on some characters Falco barely has to move. I've sometimes accidentally done a regrab in place on some characters, but I've never tried to recreate it on purpose. I've always suspected Falco has a hidden infinite or long term dthrow grab in place on some characters.

§witch

Smash Lord
I was really excited about the infinite yesterday. Until I realized how slowly it builds damage, how much room for error there is, and how simple it is to DI it.

Walking chaingrab is always better Pierce, but I don't think that's what his question was. Or maybe I'm wrong.

lucha5

Banned via Warnings
Alright so I just dropped my two mains diddy/snake for Falco Cause I enjoy playing him more and He's not use to much. I can do all the cg's i can do the reverse boost grab about 50%, Kinda having trouble running after i did my d-throw and pivot grab, And I can do gatling combo, dacus(duh I used snake xd).
SHdl But sometimes i get in da habit of lasering on The ground.

People say my Falco's is predictble But i really dont know to change that Oos most of the time I b-air cause it's my best option, But other then that Anything else I need to get down for my Falco before I Start trying to add my own flow. Cause I wanna get all the basic stuff that I should do first.
I'll try to get some of video's when I get wi-fi back on my wii.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Ohwow look, the thread title is back to how it SHOULD be.

The_Fool

Smash Apprentice
I was playing a meta today, and I found it very hard to kill him.
At kill percents, whenever we got close to eachother he would just sheild. I could grab him, get a few pummels in and throw, but falcos throws simply dont kill. I could attack the sheild but that only gets me punished. The only sure fire way i could think of killing him was getting him into the air (probably via illusion, since throws never get him into the right spot...useless uthrow) and then doing a spaced uair into bair if he airdodges, but this never happened.
Basically what i am asking is, how do i kill someone who spams sheild?

EDIT: Thought- does air release lead into a possible kill? Will find out...

Top Bottom