• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

zmx

Smash Lord
I have a problem. I can't seem to Bdacus at all. Not out of a spot dodge, SHDL or anything else. I know you are supposed to press forward, smash stick up and then smash stick up again but it just seems too difficult.

I'm using a classic controller btw. Can anyone confirm it can be done consistantly with a classic controller? If so how do you manage it?

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
Thanks! I don't mean to sound picky but could I get a more detailed answer?

Also, why do I have to SHDL all the time? Why not grounded lasers?

zmx

Smash Lord
Thanks! I don't mean to sound picky but could I get a more detailed answer?

Also, why do I have to SHDL all the time? Why not grounded lasers?
I'm no falco expert but I think I can give you an answer.
There's a couple of reasons why SHDL or single SH laser>>>grounded lasers.

Notice the great ending lag on the grounded lasers. After SHDL when you touch the ground you can immediately do anything you want. Absolutely no lag. Lag=bad because you can get punished heavily for doing it on the ground because of it.

It all has to do with landing cancelling the ending lag.

It also prevents whoever you're facing from jumping freely.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Well, here are my questions:

How do you guys get such fast Falcos?
Why is my Falco so slow? (lol)
Character confidence.

I used to ask myself the same question. Over time I got better at the game and got more and more comfortable with Falco so I eventually was able to maneuver him quickly and in complete control.

Like how you start by driving a new car slowly to get the feel of it, but over time you get more comfortable and naturally start driving faster.

:phone:

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
Your falco might be slow because you don't shdl, cancel lag of your phantasm, use smash attacks alot, useing lag full moves not canceling there lag, and boost pivot alot that makes you faster and you get a grab. Also not knowing the knowlege of the character so he acts slower and seems slower when you play falco.

You can use grounded lasers. Nothing saying you cannot use them. It has it's uses and you just have to find where they can be applied without getting hit for doing it. Everyone else simply has a habit to not use them.

Know your character's lag on stuff so you know when to start making inputs soonest after using a move. Buffer those inputs.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Concerning your question, don't feel bad if you can't get the BDacus down. It is arguably Falco's hardest AT to perform successively in a constant manner, so don't be surprised if you can't do it. I've been practicing BDacus since last year, and I still can't get it down constantly. The best advice I can give is to just practice it.

I suggest you start practicing BDacus out of a spot dodge, since that seems to be the easiest one. It's pretty much "<spotdodge> then immediately press forward followed by C stick up twice"

Before inputting the first C stick up, though, you have to make sure the control stick is back at the center of the controller, otherwise, the game will read that you're inputting forward and c stick up at the same time, which isn't the case. Anywho, just practice it and practice. You'll see results :)

You press the special button once during a small 3 frame window about 1/3 of a second after starting phantasm.
In short, SideB, then press B shortly afterwards.
The rest is all timing.

zmx

Smash Lord
Concerning your question, don't feel bad if you can't get the BDacus down. It is arguably Falco's hardest AT to perform successively in a constant manner, so don't be surprised if you can't do it. I've been practicing BDacus since last year, and I still can't get it down constantly. The best advice I can give is to just practice it.

I suggest you start practicing BDacus out of a spot dodge, since that seems to be the easiest one. It's pretty much "<spotdodge> then immediately press forward followed by C stick up twice"

Before inputting the first C stick up, though, you have to make sure the control stick is back at the center of the controller, otherwise, the game will read that you're inputting forward and c stick up at the same time, which isn't the case. Anywho, just practice it and practice. You'll see results :)
Thanks a lot. I figured out half my problem anyways. I was not putting the control stick back to neutral before pressing smash stick up, I thought that was for the second c-stick up.

Anyways I can do the dash attack out of the buffer now. But I still can't do the BDacus. Exactly when are you supposed to tap the smash stick up again? Right after the first? Or is there a slight delay?

Again I'm using the classic controller if that makes any difference.

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
Thanks for all the great answers, guys!

Time to keep 'em rolling....

Next Question(s):

I have Gatling combo(partially) and IAP down(Which I find very easy), but I just CAN'T do SHDL.
I start shooting at the beginning of the "spinning" animation in falco's short hop, is this too late or to early?

Also, I can do Gatling Combo, but I never find the opportunity to do it in a match, e I'm usually too far away (tip of Falco's boot). If possible, how about a SHDL into a buffered Gatling Combo?

Once again detailed answers please.

@zmx: I cannot help out since I never bothered learning how. Regular Dacus is less complicated in my opinion and I'd take consistency over extra length anyway.

@EliteJunkie: For SHDL, wait until your at the max height of the short hop before you start pressing B twice. If your last laser is too high, try a little bit later. If the last laser doesn't come out, do it a bit sooner. The max of the height short hop is really the only visual cue I can think of. For most characters, it doesn't have to be perfect. The biggest thing is making sure that the laser is at a height that it would hit them. Taller characters, more leeway.

For the gatling combo, Usmash will only link if you hit with the first frame the hitbox of dash attack comes out. So basically, you literally have to be in your opponents face before you try the gatling combo. Some situations are jab -> gatling combo. Silent laser -> gatling combo, chain grab -> gatling combo. Or simply running up to your opponent and doing it right in their face.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Can falco sheild grab mk out of the last bit of nado{?}
I would give my best guess and say yes, but when my brother gets home from school we will test that and I'll make a quick video on my youtube. Any character who gets grab armor can grab MK out of his tornado at certain times to the best of my knowledge. I know Kirby can.

Oh and thanks for answering my question about Dedede. I don't play online too much but I played friendlies with a Dedede secondary that threw a lot of projectiles so I was wondering. Thats too bad it doesn't refresh the kill moves. :/

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
In the Falco vs Dedede MU does it unstale your moves if you laser his Wadle Dees?
Yes it does, dees have a hurtbox so each move you hit them with adds to the stale move list.

Gordos don't have a hurtbox though, so lasering them won't refresh your moves (and most likely get you killed).

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Yes it does, dees have a hurtbox so each move you hit them with adds to the stale move list.

Gordos don't have a hurtbox though, so lasering them won't refresh your moves (and most likely get you killed).
Oh ok. That makes more sense. I'll certainly laser against anyone who spams Dedede's projectiles then

Does anyone think sh reverse wavebounce double lasers could be worth applying?
dash > sh> stick back > neutral > b > stick forward > b
if anything, flashy :)

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
I dunno if I'm qualified to answer this but... I can answer the flashy part.

Me and a friend just tried it, and that is so sexy

10 stars on style ;)

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone think sh reverse wavebounce double lasers could be worth applying?
dash > sh> stick back > neutral > b > stick forward > b
if anything, flashy :)

Yes this should be because that could be used for mind games, and that is somthing every falco should use. Also that is a + to the falco metagame™. 100% flashy!

team moonwalking as falcon :]
i think it is easier than some things with enough practice. risk of sd with sideB is a turn off

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You have to boost grab so long as they weren't at 0 when you grabbed them. Otherwise they can Dolphin Slash out.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
When I play Falco against my youngest brother's kirby, he loves inhaling me and going offstage, and I die a disturbingly large amount to that one tactic. (Seriously, he'll just duck lasers before spamming inhale and wait for me to approach him). So, if I'm inhaled and brought offstage, what should I do to avoid dying?

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
You should never be in that position to begin with.....

If he's ducking you, cool, just keep lasering. If you approach and he starts inhaling, jab or jump behind him or Dair or something. You really should never get caught in that.

So, if I'm inhaled and brought offstage, what should I do to avoid dying?
DJ Jack covered the rest, except this lol
Mash buttons as quickly as possible. (rotating control stick in a circle and pressing the other buttons). If you do it right, Kirby should never be able to walk you off the stage if inhaled and you can get out before you get too low below the stage as well. Just don't make the mistake of continuing to mash out once you get out or you'll do some kind of attack thus falling down and losing a stock ;P

Kasper!

Smash Lord
I dont know if this works for kirby's inhale but for dedede's inhale you can use reflector and make him trip like almost all the time. You can try that i guess.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
DJ Jack covered the rest, except this lol
Mash buttons as quickly as possible. (rotating control stick in a circle and pressing the other buttons). If you do it right, Kirby should never be able to walk you off the stage if inhaled and you can get out before you get too low below the stage as well. Just don't make the mistake of continuing to mash out once you get out or you'll do some kind of attack thus falling down and losing a stock ;P
I just realized I answered everything except the actual question LOL.

My bad, homie

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
So, if I'm inhaled and brought offstage, what should I do to avoid dying?
Another thing that may help a lot is if you can control the center of the stage, Kirby won't have room to do that. My brother also plays Kirby and whenever I can keep stage control the inhale isn't too useful. Also he seems to make a lot of mistakes lol.

Button mashing makes it easy to get out of if you're ever unfortunately caught in that. Also, I can agree 100% that if Kirby is going to duck keep lasering. Whenever he decides to get up, he will get hit and it's just slowing down the match so you have the chance to think.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Hey, some of you should talk to me on aim for free nudes and Falco tips, cuz I want to be the best Falco/Stripper on the East Coast.

AIM: BleachigoZX

I'm kidding about the nudes, btw

Top Bottom