• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

What have people been using after AAA jabs as of late? I've found myself favoring roll away or ftilt. I'm not entirely sure if Ftilt is a decent choice to use after AAA or not. Roll away certainly seems to be given you don't do it every time.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Shine now and again. Jab again. Short hop Dair to land behind them. Ditto with Bair. Dash attack if they DIed up.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
That chaingrab at the edge works but the laserlock after downthrow jab only works if d3 doesn't airdodge fast enough/ doesn't DI up.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Also the video's been shot in training mode, so the staleness of Dthrow may make things different in a real match.

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
What's the proper way of CGing R.O.B.? I think I read somewhere that you need to walk CG him, but the most I consistently get when playing my buddy is 2-3 CGs before he jumps out.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Does anyone know why that that standing CG on Pika D3 and TL happens? Has it been thoroughly tested? And iono if you buffered the grabs or no BluB. If you didnt i wonder what would happen if we did. I remember seeing your vid waaaay waaay back Blu B. I thought that ish was tyte as hell. Especially cuz you can get stuff on pika like Dthrow>BPG>standing CG> laser lock> buffered DA ( gives you a meaty DA)> Gatling Combo

Tips on double jab cancels anyone? :/

I can only do it really slowly.
You have to really delay how long you press A when jab canceling x2 when not hitting a target. But you can do it faster when hitting something. It's weird, but that's just how the game reads part of the inputs.
Does anyone know why that that standing CG on Pika D3 and TL happens? Has it been thoroughly tested?
^This is a special effect that only happens on the ledge facing away from it. My theory was that characters hit below the stage a little bit and therefore take reduced knockback. If I recall from my testing, it only worked on pika, d3, and TL (will work on platforms as well). You can imagine this is hard to ever duplicate in a real match. But it worked on G&W on pictochat if I recall. It has been sometime since I did anything with this.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
I just tested again, this time not in training mode.
The timing for the down throw is pretty strict. If you do it too early shield will come out. If you input shield too late he will be too far to regrab.
Also if the down throw is more stale pika/tl will break/fall after dthrow a bit later but this only makes a difference of like 5-10%

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Double jab cancels only really work if you're hitting someone. I tried to do it when hitting thin air, and the input is a lot more delayed. Just keep practicing. Jab cancelling is one of the more useful things in Falco's arsenal of ATs, so make sure that's one of the first things you master.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
Double jab cancels only really work if you're hitting someone. I tried to do it when hitting thin air, and the input is a lot more delayed. Just keep practicing. Jab cancelling is one of the more useful things in Falco's arsenal of ATs, so make sure that's one of the first things you master.
I have a VERY important question

WTF happened to your name? :(

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
You need to press down to get faster jab cancels in between the jabs. I've tested it.

This first jab sets of the video is me just pressing jab without pressing down to show how slow it is. There's about 7 seconds worth of it.

Last jabs are with down. It is clearly much faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7n7yHfEOck

Lad

Smash Apprentice
I feel like I never use down-tilt when i play falco, really can't seem to fit it into what I do maybe except after a jab, but I'd rather just use f-tilt. Is there any real practical use for it besides maybe a killing move at high %?

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
The problem with Dtilt is it doesn't really have a lot of range. Falco has better options. I rarely use it either. Depending on what your opponent does, its a situational attack, but unless your moves are stale, there's really not a reason to use it. Ftilt is superior in basically every way you could imagine.

There's a reason why you don't see it often in videos of good Falcos playing. Ftilt is amazing for everything a person would want to use Dtilt for, and you have to get in really close to use Dtilt.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If you're in that range and you want them up, then sure. I generally only see end up using it in weird situations like Marth at 140.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
The problem with Dtilt is it doesn't really have a lot of range. Falco has better options. I rarely use it either. Depending on what your opponent does, its a situational attack, but unless your moves are stale, there's really not a reason to use it. Ftilt is superior in basically every way you could imagine.

There's a reason why you don't see it often in videos of good Falcos playing. Ftilt is amazing for everything a person would want to use Dtilt for, and you have to get in really close to use Dtilt.
Dtilt is for someone out of range of a grab but still really close. I like hitting with it more than Ftilt because it puts them in a more dangerous position where as Ftilt kinda resets them. It's just situational since its hard to space safely. It does have nice shield push back if they shield it and it pokes shields really well when spaced.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Dtilt shieldstabs easily tall characters, even more after some CQC sequence when their shield isn't that fresh anymore.

Also I once beat Pit's side B with it.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master

Shield push, then Fsmash...

*secretbleachigotechs*

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Shield push, then Fsmash...

*secretbleachigotechs*
I never really thought of it as useful for that. I'll have to try that... Wouldn't ftilt be better than the fsmash though after you push them with the dtilt?

how can i change my name in here?

i dont want MasterKurei.
I wantz Kurei
Premium membership. Lol seems like all the Falcos want a name change. (I just changed mine too)

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
you can get shieldgrabbed after the second jab vs some characters

well it depends

i like to randomly spotdodge after jab 2, mostly for trolling. but it can sometimes help vs people who sdi out the jab well... b/c it just puts them back into my jab ****

i call this, the stalefish

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
You will get punished accordingly, but that could apply to power shielding any move close range. There's always the possibility of being able to double jab someone to get a little bit of % going, but if they power shield that first jab, they could grab you. I've even been grabbed out of a well spaced Ftilt due to a power shield...

It's random.

Top Bottom