• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Another question, when/ how often should I use short hop double laser? They never seem to hit an opponent on the ground, they just go over them lol, especially if they're smaller like MK.

Really anytime you get space. Someone is offstage. They are on a platform and you are on the ground. Someone is far away or mid spaced from you.

Also, practice more getting your lasers at the correct heights. You should have one just after the peak of the SH and one just as you land. The silent laser is the best you can get (no sound comes out as you land). Try working for that height. Near there, you will hit practically every character in the game except ones that can crouch under it. (You should be hitting meta knight with the right height of your lasers, sounds like you are firing your lasers too soon, delay it a little bit longer).

Should Phantasm be used as a move to attack the enemy in the battle or ONLY for recovering?
It's good for both. However, like drinking too much milk in an hour (:urg:), it's bad to over use it or use it in a predictable way. Such as doing a short hop laser, then going into a phantasm and repeating 5 times in a row. That's a predictable after the first few times.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Another question, when/ how often should I use short hop double laser? They never seem to hit an opponent on the ground, they just go over them lol, especially if they're smaller like MK.
Try not to think that lasers are to hit opponents. Think of it more as an option forcer. Your opponent has to block, it has to jump, spot dodge, or whatever options it has to get around lasers. Unless your opponent is eating the lasers it has to pick an option to get around it and you should be looking out for them and punish them accordingly.

:phone:

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Lasers are there to deal slight damage and simply create a "wall" of some sort. The opponent has no Hoover but to find a way to get around this wall. During that process, you have the ability to take advantage of their position. Run and shield grab, dash attack, phantasm. and maybe even usmash works. Just mix it up the best you can.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
We talked about Falco's Forward Air like a couple of pages back haha. As stated before, it is definitely his weakest aerial and you can go an entire tournament without using it and you'll still be fine.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Thanks much for all the help guys. Though, I have more questions :D.

How do I perfect short hop silent lasers? Am I supposed to fast fall during the short hop?

You don't fast fall at all.

You have to practice the timing of when to press the special button to get a laser out. Obviously, if you are not getting the laser low enough, delay pressing the button a little bit more. If it doesn't come out at all, press it sooner.

Keep experimenting with how long to delay it or how much sooner to press it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Thanks much for all the help guys. Though, I have more questions :D.

How do I perfect short hop silent lasers? Am I supposed to fast fall during the short hop?
Time it. The laser should be shot as you are falling in order to get the perfect laser. It just takes practice.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
I've been working on it, I've gotten better. But still, not consistent at hitting MK sizes opponents, keep missing barely. Any tips for practicing?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You want to be lasering just after Falco hits the apex of his jump. It's all muscle memory. Keep practicing as there's nothing I can really advice about. Just do it over and over and over and over.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
When I was learning double laser, I was doing it on a TV with lag and I had no idea about it and was wondering why my timing was off.

WOOT 1,111 posts!

I didn't think that was possible in brawl with every move. I know certain moves like ganon's wizkick, peach's bomber, and a few others are possible.

If it is anything like melee, you simply cancel anything you were doing on the ground and go into an air born state. From which you can attack or jump.

Or do you mean what happens on moving stages? Where all your upward momentum is stopped and you land on the platform when you pass through it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
What exactly happens when you platform cancel?

Going to be completely honest, I only know the angles and ranges it's necessary for me to preform it in certain situations and what I can do after it, not the science behind it. What it does, if I'm not mistaken is leave you at the edge of a platform with no lag from your special move.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
What exactly happens when you platform cancel?

It has something to do with the momentum of the platform and yours. Which is why it only works on moving platforms.

Besides that, you just basically get a 2frame landing on a moving platform after cstick dair, airdodge and down and some other **** with fastfalling n stuff.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Darn, I really want to know the games physics behind platform cancelling. I guess the most important thing to me is what state it leaves you in.

I can't tell if you just go into a run or if you dash then run after a cancel.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Oh also the input do dash immediately out of PC is diagonally down forward with the analog stick and PC with Up on the C stick.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
When it comes to Falco's Jab cancel, is canceling after Jab1 more useful than canceling after Jab2, or vice versa? If so, why?

Top Bottom