• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
you'd have to run a bit further than usual but i think A and Z do it. you'd also have to change timing than when you do it on the c-stick. still have to go back on the control stick of course.

if i wanted to meet other faclos in the states, where should i go? pretty much asking for home states for other falcos. I already met kurozero and ozz in tx.

J4pu

Smash Champion
nyjin and DEHF are SoCal

There's a few Falco's on ec but I'm not sure how close together they are.
bassically you should just go to a very large tournament, regional or national

EDIT
I think Minus is in the Michigan area

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
why would you NOT use the c-stick is a better question.
as someone who has been practicing this for 3 months and still failing to do it consistently, i would like to avoid it because it is an inconvenience for me to move the c stick and hit Z at the same time. but it is the fastest way.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
as someone who has been practicing this for 3 months and still failing to do it consistently, i would like to avoid it because it is an inconvenience for me to move the c stick and hit Z at the same time. but it is the fastest way.
lrn2d oit

J4pu

Smash Champion
as I tell anybody having problem with brawl tech skill, go play melee fox and learn waveshining, then come back to brawl and you will be set, nothing will ever seem hard again

You wouldn't want to use the c-stick if you don't have one to begin with, or you b-stick with other characters or something similar. I find trying to adjust to a new control scheme for every character is bad. So, it would be easier to simply adapt the control scheme to work for every character rather than to have a different one for every person.

as I tell anybody having problem with brawl tech skill, go play melee fox and learn waveshining, then come back to brawl and you will be set, nothing will ever seem hard again
I never played melee, but waveshining was the act of doing a wavedash into a shine, then canceling it by jumping and using that jump to wavedash, right? It will not make anything easier for me. I naturally suck tech skills. I only get things to work by repeation that it becomes muscle memory. And as such, anytime I encounter a new tech, it takes me forever to learn it. Even if I could do the melee stuff, something as simple as trying to get Shiek's Dacus down would take me a long time too. I just wouldn't complain about Shiek as much though xD

J4pu

Smash Champion
well you have the right outlook on it, just practice it the right/better way until you can do it consistently.
The reason I tell people to try learning something difficult in melee isn't because it will magically make things easier to learn in brawl, but because nothing in brawl will ever seem hard again in comparison to the melee tech skill.

complaining ("I don't want to learn it that way even though it's better because it's hard for me) just really annoys me. If you don't want to improve your game as much as possible, why are you here?

chaoechidna

Smash Apprentice
I use: Run --> A--> back + Z. I think it's actually the same amount of time as using c stick, i use them interchangeably. So its pretty hard with running and using A. You really gotta hit A and then immediately after (ALMOST simultaneously) hit Back (on the control stick) and Z. The dash attack (run + A) is pretty easy to do quickly. Practice with grabbing them then Boost pivot grabbing them, over and over. If they escape, you're not doing it fast enough. It took me a while, but i taught my friend the other day and he picked it up very quickly. Just remember, the A and the back+Z have to be hit almost simultaneously. It's tricky. Maybe use the tip of your thumb to hit A, i dunno, for some weird reason thats how i do it.

Jon?

Smash Champion
If this is about boost pivot grab, I don't understand what's so hard about it. If you know how to do the dacus with Falco, you should have no problem with the input of the boost pivot grab.

Dash > Cstick > back Z. It takes a little while to get it down but the timing should be simple enough to do. The only reason you should only be doing boost pivot grabs is to extend your grab range on someone returning to the stage. Shouldn't be at the top of your priority list, in my opinion.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
If this is about boost pivot grab, I don't understand what's so hard about it. If you know how to do the dacus with Falco, you should have no problem with the input of the boost pivot grab.

Dash > Cstick > back Z. It takes a little while to get it down but the timing should be simple enough to do. The only reason you should only be doing boost pivot grabs is to extend your grab range on someone returning to the stage. Shouldn't be at the top of your priority list, in my opinion.
You can even use A instead of C-stick. ^^

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Come someone point me into the direction of a thread that people are **** riding? kthxbai

chaoechidna

Smash Apprentice
I got my butt handed to me by an ike. I felt so pathetic, but he really was an amazing smash player (kimchi, i think his name was). But i wanted to know, what are the best methods to deal with ike? I camped him hard and phantasmed as soon as he got too close, but he was waaaay too skilled and i was... not. But i've been losing to ikes ever since, and i don't know what it is about him that gets me, but his hitboxes really do screw me up. I heard about a chaingrab-->spike--> bair kill on ike, does this exist? Should i go off the stage and bair him while he's under the ledge, preparing for his upB? I looked for an ike matchup thread, but didn't find one, but if there is one and i missed it please link me to it. Any tips/suggestions/anything?

Jon?

Smash Champion
The stage changes can mess up your cg if you get caught in it. It also messes with your laser game.

I don't think the stage changes are the biggest issue. The ledges on that stage are a bit weird and you'll have to aim your phantasm just right or else you'll end up under the stage.

The stage changes can mess up your cg if you get caught in it. It also messes with your laser game.

I don't think the stage changes are the biggest issue. The ledges on that stage are a bit weird and you'll have to aim your phantasm just right or else you'll end up under the stage.
Meh. It's a neutral with some RC like elements. It's nothing horrible. Nothing great either. Abuse the regular part of the stage like you would on BF, FD, or SV. Pretty much all the changes can be circle camped. Rock/Fire, just pick a side and try to defend it. Don't try to attack on it. Water I say try to either circle camp around the windmill, win the battle underneath the windmill (risky if you lose), or just take the fight to the right side under the platforms. On the grass location, sort of reminds me of YI. Phantasm and lasering is made with difficulties.

Overall, you will likely be spending a lot of air time during the changes, and a lot of ground time on the neutral change. Anyone with a really good air game against Falco avoid taking here. Wario, MK, etc. Any good plankers avoid taking here (Pit, G&W, etc.). Personally, I think this is a fairly good stage to avoid the ICs on.

chaoechidna

Smash Apprentice
Best/easiest/MOST EFFECTIVE way to perform DACUS? Does it matter if i use Cstick Down, or can it be any direction (currently i use C stick right/left, toward the opponent). I have trouble doing it even 50% of the time, though I can do it. Just wondering how you guys do it.. Thanks in advance!

Denzi

Smash Master
Best/easiest/MOST EFFECTIVE way to perform DACUS? Does it matter if i use Cstick Down, or can it be any direction (currently i use C stick right/left, toward the opponent). I have trouble doing it even 50% of the time, though I can do it. Just wondering how you guys do it.. Thanks in advance!
Down allows you to Dash attack at the earliest possible moment while left/right will cancel the dash into a forward smash if you hit it too soon.

marklar

Smash Rookie
I have a tourney this weekend, I can't find the Marth match up I really want to take down my friend any advice where I can find some good info. I have already read Marth's forums on their stuff.

Terrador14

Smash Apprentice
Hey, guys, would you mind telling me if/when the Gatling Attack would be useful? I really don't see any potential barring a d-throw into it just outside of CG percent range when you can't reach a ledge.

anytime you would otherwise just dash attack and they are at low enough percents for it to connect = on char's that you can't CG to very high percents
Speaking of dash attack, how useful has jab>dashattack or laser > dash attack been for everyone

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Can someone tell me what I need to know about Canceling fastfall on dair. Thats what its called right ? Im new to these terms

Top Bottom