• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Thx Xonar is there any videos of this? I want to see it done. Sorry if I confused anyone I didn,t know the official term.

aznfreak13

Smash Cadet
This is probably discover but I'm just going to say it anyways.
During a match against a CPU Ness, I use my reflector while Ness was in the air using a PK Thunder 1. The moment the reflector hit, Ness did not get any knock back and executed a PK Thunder 2 a second later. I have a video of it but is not going to upload it since this is probably discover or something.

BSP

Smash Legend
Ok, I'm trying to pick up Falco, and I just wanted to know who has locks on him. I know Pika does, but not sure how bad it is. Sheik does too right?

Denzi

Smash Master
Ok, I'm trying to pick up Falco, and I just wanted to know who has locks on him. I know Pika does, but not sure how bad it is. Sheik does too right?
Pika has a 0-120% CG. Sheik has... I dunno, a 30 to something ftilt lock, I really don't remember. Wario has a 50-somehighpercentthatIdon'tremember. Ice Climbers have a chaingrab on everyone, He can be jab locked by anyone who can jab lock, Kirby can laserlock us, and we get grab release chaingrabbed by Yoshi and Snake.

Don't think I'm missing much.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
i have a question, hoping it'll be answered lol

im wondering why is Falco's jab often used? I know it makes it up largely of his CQC game, but when l watch falco players, the jab is so used often, with the immense amount of mixups and mindgames to it esp when l watch Larry's Falco lately. he seems to land a jab every so often and lands a jab1 to jab2 to a grab or anything else. and everytime he lands it's always a jab in front of him to whiff lol

and what frames is ftilt? falcos ftilt seems so fast it looks like it has IASA frames is it true?

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
Uair for horizontal since it ends a little faster than Bair, but I use Bair for vertical cuz I'd like to avoid pressing up :p.

Denzi

Smash Master
im trying to pick up pick up falco as a secondary character,

can anyone tell me any tips or post any vids so i know what a falco should look like?

Read the stickied threads, Watch vids of SK92/DEHF/Larry, and then post here if you need clarification.

Anonymous Brawler

Smash Journeyman
I've saw a video of a guy doing a chaingrab on jiggly by spiking her then FF and grabbing again.
Would it work if she buffered a roll or I'm missing the timing to regrab?

Denzi

Smash Master
Pillaring, as it's called, "works," but it isn't actually guaranteed on anyone. If they're escaping than
they just know what to do, not much you can do.

You can try throwing a jab in before the grab. You basically have to mix it up to keep your opponent guessing.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Kirby is a bad mu for falco, but it is winnable. DEHF got really close to beating chudat and if it wasn't for an unlucky air dodge you would've won, probably.

Anonymous Brawler

Smash Journeyman
Kirby and MK are the only ones that I miss the SHDL. Can any of you hit them all the time? Or shoul I use SHL?

Edit: So would G&W be a good secondarie for Falco? He cover IC's, Pika and Kirby...

Edit 2: I think it's a bad habit, but i've just noticed that I always run away with the phantasm. What should I do instead, I always end up geting punished...

Jon?

Smash Champion
Kirby and MK are the only ones that I miss the SHDL. Can any of you hit them all the time? Or shoul I use SHL?

Edit: So would G&W be a good secondarie for Falco? He cover IC's, Pika and Kirby...

Edit 2: I think it's a bad habit, but i've just noticed that I always run away with the phantasm. What should I do instead, I always end up geting punished...
You'll need near perfect SHDL to hit MK and Kirby. If Kirby is crouching, you can't hit him regardless. Use SHDL when you are at a safe distance, because they tend to approach in the air.

I believe G&W easy a very easy target to CG as IC's. I use Snake to cover my bad match ups. He counters ICs, Kirby, and the Pikachu matchup is a little bit more bearable.

Phantasm is a good choice but rolling away from your opponent is another good option as well, despite how scrubby it may sound. Falco has a fairly safe roll if you don't become too predictable.

Denzi

Smash Master
It's widely agreed upon the the best Falco seconds are Marth and Snake, in that order.

I second Peach for ICs.

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
hey guys! this question may have already been answered, but is there like an easier way to do the shortest phantasm?

Jon?

Smash Champion
hey guys! this question may have already been answered, but is there like an easier way to do the shortest phantasm?
I think the only one you should be focusing on is the long phantasm cancel. It comes in extremely handy.

In terms of timing, you either have to grind it into muscle memory or memorize when to cancel it by looking at Falco's animation.

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
Jump and press forward super-dee-dooper fast.
I think the only one you should be focusing on is the long phantasm cancel. It comes in extremely handy.

In terms of timing, you either have to grind it into muscle memory or memorize when to cancel it by looking at Falco's animation.
I see. Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom