• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

The problems I have been having are people dodging or something like that before the 7 frames of the grab start. With the 2-3 frame jab that messes them up sooner.

fragbait

Smash Master
CG. You can CG olimar to, I think, 30% or so? Something like that. It's not something worth going for usually, since Oli isn't easy to grab for Falco and since you can only CG him a couple of times, but if you happen to grab him at 0%, just do CG->dair or CG->gatling.
Agreed. CG to 30 then immediately go on offensive. Presure him to the point that he can't pikmin throw.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Hey, I've seen alot of good Falcos dash immediately after a short hop laser.
For some reason, I have a hard problem dashing afterwards, it seems that no matter how hard I tap the control stick, he just walks.

I'd be able to be more fluid and aggressive this way, but I suck at the application.
Any advice?

J4pu

Smash Champion
If you're walking rather than dashing when you know you pushed the control stick fast enough it's because you did it too early, wait a little longer before buffering your dash.

guys telling him to buffer a dash doesn't help when the problem is with his timing for buffering the dash.

Denzi

Smash Master
If you're walking rather than dashing when you know you pushed the control stick fast enough it's because you did it too early, wait a little longer before buffering your dash.

guys telling him to buffer a dash doesn't help when the problem is with his timing for buffering the dash.
Sorry. I thought that he meant he didn't know what a buffered dash was.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
ah. what %s does a cstick usmash normally kill at
This thread ( http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=202034&highlight=boost+kill+percentages ) has some rough estimates. This is for a boost smash which isn't C-sticked; also, this doesn't take into account DI. So in reality, a C-sticked upsmash will kill a bit later. (I'd guess 5-10% later, depending on how good the opponent's DI is). Also this assumes it's completely unstaled. And doesn't take into account stages.

So in a real match it's going to vary, but those are some numbers to guide the eye.

Edrid

Smash Rookie
At what point should I start learning AT's?

Right now, I can deal with Level 6 Comps. easily (haha n00b /pointandlaugh)

I use chaingrabbing right now and I feel pretty comfortable as I'm learning SHDL. Should I be learning these AT's or is it too early in my development as a player?

kismet2

Smash Ace
At what point should I start learning AT's?

Right now, I can deal with Level 6 Comps. easily (haha n00b /pointandlaugh)

I use chaingrabbing right now and I feel pretty comfortable as I'm learning SHDL. Should I be learning these AT's or is it too early in my development as a player?
You should be learning ATs now. Being able to handle level 6 computers doesn't make you a noob, the fact that you are playing computers make you a noob. Jk(but you do need to play more people). It's never too early or too late to be learning ATs. You're going to need them, doesn't matter how good or bad you are.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
You should be learning ATs now. Being able to handle level 6 computers doesn't make you a noob, the fact that you are playing computers make you a noob. Jk(but you do need to play more people). It's never too early or too late to be learning ATs. You're going to need them, doesn't matter how good or bad you are.
Ditto.
Don't just be able to do them though. It's more important to be able to implement them.

Edrid

Smash Rookie
What's the best way to play players around my skill level 1v1 when I can't have someone come over? Does this site have a good FC swapping system?

Space yourself so that the phantasm won't hit the first ledge. So you have to be pretty close to the edge. I'd say about a ftilt's distance from the edge or so.

From there just phantasm and then hold the control stick in the direction to the edge. Without that moving the control stick in the direction do the ledge you don't auto-grab the ledge.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Apart from Pika CG, did anything groudbreaking get discovered while I was away? :(

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

Not really. I'm not sure if you were here for the Dthrow -> Jab -> Laserlock though.
Oh yeah I remember that.

Well I guess this is good and bad news in a way. Thanks.

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
About the BPG. I can't really do it consistently after a grab. There may be that time when I do it, but usually it's a miss or a regular pivot grab. I think my problem is my dash. During the d-throw, I tap my stock foward twice. I know that's not exactly right, but it works well enough ...sometimes. Can somebody please tell me when I should do it?

It's mostly all about timing. Not much anyone can really help you with on that except to practice.

You could try to buffer the dash to get frame perfect execution of the dash animation as soon as the dthrow is over with, but then you have to be read to input the commands for the rest of the BPG.

Top Bottom