• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Denzi

Smash Master
Ok, so Falco is one of my mains, however, I haven't really read up on what other people do as Falco. I have however watched combo videos.

I have a question, how do I cancel my phantasm (side-b)? Sometimes I do so, and I still do the phantasm but I barely go anywhere, which is good because it fakes out the enemy. How is this done? I can't figure out how to do it consistently.

Thanks!
you just press B again with proper timing. It's hard for me to describe exactly when, so it's best to just go into training mode and try until you get the hang of it.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
you just press B again with proper timing. It's hard for me to describe exactly when, so it's best to just go into training mode and try until you get the hang of it.
thanks man! I'll practice. :)

You have to time it. Once you know the timing it because eas(ier)y, but before that you have to fumble around until you get it.
thanks! :D

zamz

Smash Journeyman
Outcamp Falco?

-Snake and potentially Zelda "outcamp" Falco.
-Pit and Falco go roughly even.
-Others like Rob, Pikachu, Olimar, Samus, Link and Toon Link put up a good fight, though I'd say Falco has a slight advantage.
-This is by no means an exhaustive list.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Ice Climbers outcamp Falco lol. Ice Block spam is lame.

blukberry

Smash Cadet
Yeah i think bowser.
You can get the full chaingrab(walking or Running)
Bowser is fairly easy to edgeguard
his attacks are not long range so you an advantage there :)

Hyo

Smash Journeyman
Most people think Bowser is really easy to take down because he's so big and easy to edge guard, but these are people who haven't played him. Bowser is actually quite decent.

If I had to give "best matchup" to a character for Falco, it'd be a toss up between Ganondorf or the Captain.

Either way, it's not something to be proud of.

Notable good matchups are Ike, Yoshi, Dedede, and Diddy. (maybe)

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Actually, cause Im a diddy main, falco isnt as bad of a matchup for diddy as people think it is
Just observe how they use the lasers, then you just have to adapt
Diddy can crawl, or sheild to glide toss to stop most campers
...And theres always the infamous barrell cancel ;)

Ice_smash

Smash Rookie
If falco dthrows metaknight 5 times in a row (is that even guaranteed?), then is the dair after the last throw guaranteed? I was wondering the same thing for snake as well.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Whats the best approach as Falco? I generally try to doing SHDL or SHL or then go a SH dair or a gattling combo, if they are unexpecting it boost smash, or illusion. How should I approach because I like being the approacher in mid to closer tange combat.

MMZJSFMMX10MM

Smash Cadet
I think I may have found some Invincibility Frames that are not already known. What thread so I look at to see if they are unknown? That way if they are not known I can present them and if they are I won't be wasting anyone's time. I think this is in the wrong thread though because I didn't realize this was specifically for Falco.

Denzi

Smash Master
Whats the best approach as Falco? I generally try to doing SHDL or SHL or then go a SH dair or a gattling combo, if they are unexpecting it boost smash, or illusion. How should I approach because I like being the approacher in mid to closer tange combat.
What you're doing sounds alright. SHDL ->IAP works. You could also try SHL -> Grab/Boost Pivot Grab (even if they're not CGable, throws open up a lot of oppurtunities for Falco). If you notice that you're getting punished a lot on approach. keep in mind that it's not something that you have to do.

J4pu

Smash Champion
No they don't. Shdl>reflector beats everything they, and any other character can camp with.
Not really, Ice blocks hit each other and break, so reflecting them doesn't do anything more than shielding them does, and Nana can shield Popo from the lasers, and everytime we land on the ground there's a very large chance we land on an iceblock.
If somebody is using desynced ice-block spam you aren't gunna beat it with lasers. It's a good thing ice-blocks barely do any damage.

§witch

Smash Lord
Not really, Ice blocks hit each other and break, so reflecting them doesn't do anything more than shielding them does, and Nana can shield Popo from the lasers, and everytime we land on the ground there's a very large chance we land on an iceblock.
If somebody is using desynced ice-block spam you aren't gunna beat it with lasers. It's a good thing ice-blocks barely do any damage.
Firstly, reflecting them does make them go back, they don't just hit each other and stop. And secondly, desynched ice blocks are better for us than regular ones, the tempo is easier to counter.

Jupz

Smash Master
What is IAP? Lol I thought I had learnt all his AT's but I never heard of this before. Couldn't find it in any of the guides.

Cross.

Smash Ace
What is IAP? Lol I thought I had learnt all his AT's but I never heard of this before. Couldn't find it in any of the guides.
IAP is the Instant aerial phantasm. Its when you jump to and immediately phantasm to cut the lag on it drastically.

Rehreh

Smash Rookie
So now, after some grueling training, I have pretty much all of the AT's for Falco down. My question is how do I bring it all together? How do I implicate these techniques into my play, any tips/tricks to learning to use all of the AT's in conjunction with each other to enhance my playing?

Denzi

Smash Master
How do you boost pivot grab?

I can pivot grab, no problem.

I need to know the button combination and maybe the timing...
Dash -> Dash Attack (I use C-stick forward) -> Back on the control stick + Z.
The best way I can describe the timing is by saying that it's similar to the timing for the boost smash.

Thank you for using the Q&A thread.

Top Bottom