• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
That is very nerd and awesome at the same time.
@ XIblisx- you are very black and you need to post in here more no homo.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ OMG

and okay and I'll get my man Tyrell (NAKAT) too. We are a combo if you put us in a ***** moment.

Hylian, what are you? I'm in shock, like Pikachu.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Wait! HOLD ON TRICK!

You can't become a Falco main until you change your name to YoungFlock1992!

For now, we out.

Also everytime I post in the Falco Boards. I'ma end it like this.

LaserWorld/Thug Life!

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
okay, first off, I am going to unlock this thread but three things: Do not spam, do not go off-topic again and do not insult other members. Let's get back to Falco questions/answers, k?

anyone who further spams will face further infractions.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I apologize as well but seriously people should switch over to Falco. This will even be better if Larry or Shugo find a way to laser lock into a Halberd cannon bomb FTW.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Does anyone know how Falco Lombardi got his name?

Also HabitFgt101

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Man what the **** happened to this place since Teran been gone?

I'm gonna have to sit in here and watch for a while it looks like. :x

Everything I stop modding turns to ****.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Some common examples include but are not limited to:

down throw
short hop (double) laser
air dodge

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I have been working on my Falco for a couple months straight, and I decided to start trying to DACUS and put that in my game because I've learned most of the other stuff and it was about time. I learned how to do it last night, and I've done it in a few matches now but it's difficult for me to do it consistently. I know it takes practice, but how long did it take some of you guys to master? I really want to get good at it to help take my game to the next level.

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I think regular DACUS is very easy. It was one of the first things I learned in brawl, taking only a few days to learn and get consistently. I'd say DACUS takes just maybe 1 or 2 days to learn, and maybe a couple weeks of play before you stop messing it up when trying. And that's just if you are playing a couple times a week.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Personally, I think regular DACUS is very easy. It was one of the first things I learned in brawl, taking only a few days to learn and get consistently. I'd say DACUS takes just maybe 1 or 2 days to learn, and maybe a couple weeks of play before you stop messing it up when trying. And that's just if you are playing a couple times a week.
Thank you for the feedback. When I was playing today I was starting to get a lot better with it. I was starting to think about the same when I was practicing. It's a lot easier than I had thought before I started working on it which led to me putting it off. I play a lot of video games every day btw, and smash is my favorite game again so I'll be putting in the time. I'll probably have it by next weekend.

I did have one myre question though. Is the BDACUS a lot better than the DACUS? And are there any pros to using both in your gameplay over one? I understand how to use the DACUS situationally, but is the BDACUS used for a different purpose or are they similar?

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
BDACUS really has a lot of pros/cons to consider.

Pros
BDACUS is done out of lag of something else so it means it comes out on frame 1. This causes it to slide a little bit further than a regular DACUS. It also means the hitbox comes out a lot sooner. Because of it's speed, difficulty, and reach, BDACUS can be unexpected and can be a good finisher at high percents. Another neat thing about BDACUS is you can charge it up. You can mindgame some people doing that.

Cons
First off, it's very hard to do. Compared to BDACUS, a regular DACUS is about as easy as learning to short hop. You only get 10 frames, and it can be hard to tell when the 10 fram window appears. Screwing it up can cost you a kill, better follow ups, or get you punished. It's also very situational. Doing a BDACUS out of a bair would look really flashy, but there's very little chance the BDACUS will connect. Don't confuse difficulty with usefulness.

All in all, BDACUS is a whole different level(s) from regular DACUS. It's best used out of SHDL, Dthrow, and perhaps Ftilt. My suggestion is don't worry about it for a while. IMO, learning BDACUS should be left until you become extremely good and are at the point where platform canceling, true pivot, and generally amazing character control come into play and make a difference.

My thoughts on it. I'm sure the more experienced players could add some more info I'm not aware of.

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
BDACUS is super hard to do, but really good to learn. I think you should only use if if you never screw it up, so practice it a lot if you want to use it in your game. Dthrow and SHDL is my favorite two moves to do it out of. BDACUS gives you a lot more range than regular DACUS, but takes a loooonnnggg time to master.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
:facepalm: can someone make a "everything you need to know about Bdacus and Dacus"(and then sticky it) so that people will stop asking about it in every question.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
BDACUS took me a day. BDACUS OOSdrop took me another day. It's just another timing.

BDACUS is superior to DACUS in every way except for the fact that it needs an input to buffer out of. It slides farther and faster, its safe on shield, and it starts faster.

The times that you would rather use a DACUS over a BDACUS are generally bad times to DACUS.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
BDACUS took me a day. BDACUS OOSdrop took me another day. It's just another timing.

BDACUS is superior to DACUS in every way except for the fact that it needs an input to buffer out of. It slides farther and faster, its safe on shield, and it starts faster.

The times that you would rather use a DACUS over a BDACUS are generally bad times to DACUS.
teach me oosdrop bdacus plz, its the only one i kinda struggle with. is there like a specific part of the sheild animation i should be timing it for e.g. like doing all the inputs when the sheild disapears, doing all the inputs when the shield is disapearing etc

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRZeUndPaX4

"-Not in vid -
SDI to buffer Upsmash OOS - Must have tap jump on. Press up on the control stick and forward on the c-stick during shield hitlag."

So could we for example punish a perfectly spaced utilt from snake or dsmash from mk with SDI buffered usmash OOS?

C.J.

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRZeUndPaX4

"-Not in vid -
SDI to buffer Upsmash OOS - Must have tap jump on. Press up on the control stick and forward on the c-stick during shield hitlag."

So could we for example punish a perfectly spaced utilt from snake or dsmash from mk with SDI buffered usmash OOS?
Snake's utilt is punishable by ganon's fsmash on shield (or it's 1 frame too slow... idr)... I don't think you need to buffer to punish that move, lol

Front hit of MK's dsmash is like... -18 after shield drop. You shouldn't have to buffer anything to punish that either. (Back hit is like -10ish iirc).

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Thanks everybody for all your input abut the BDACUS. Looks like I won't really be worrying abut that one for now...

Top Bottom