• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

swordsaint

Smash Master
you're doing a regular dacus

you can't do b(uffer)dacus without an input beforehand because it's FRAME PERFECT. You can't do a frameperfect dacus without buffering it out of something - hence why the input is different also.

Santa_Clauz

Smash Rookie
It's called Buffered DACUS for a reason, because you are BUFFERING it in the lag of another move. It just looks longer than a normal DACUS because when you do DACUS with an attack button rather than grab, it goes further, if you'd checked the previous page you'd know that, I even posted a video demonstrating.

Anxiety

Smash Apprentice
It's longer than a DACUS because its frame perfect since your buffering it. If you could superhumanly do a frame perfect DACUS...same distanceas a BDACUS

Rain was doing a short hop reverse-wavebounce double laser. I have no idea if that is what this is called, but those words explain the process behind what he was doing.

Pretty much he dashed forward, performed a short hop. Around the apex of the short hop tilted back on the control stick and pressed B to fire the laser. After pressing B he tilted the control stick forward in the direction he had been dashing forward. Afterwards he pressed B again to get the second laser out before hitting the ground.

Rather technical and risky if you do not practice it enough. You risk performing a sideB in the middle of it or even lasering the wrong way. It's probably better to simply dash away from an opponent and perform a short hop reverse double laser. Less risky in execution.

I'm starting to think that rain is the most flashy falco of all with his lasering methods.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yeah, it is a good mixup plus these lasers will be safer since you are retreating them, but the chances of you phantasm by accident is quite high so not recommended unless you are confident in you abilities to do them.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Yeah, it is a good mixup plus these lasers will be safer since you are retreating them, but the chances of you phantasm by accident is quite high so not recommended unless you are confident in you abilities to do them.
Yah if I throw them out in a match I'll try to make sure I have enough room to not SD with phantasm(unless I get really confident with them)

Thanks people!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Any leads to Frame Data for Falco? BDacus would be much easier for me, if i used more than sidestep to set them up ;___;

Gaiz how I beat Ganon? And we're talking about one of the best Ganons here.
Are you seriously asking how to beat ganon?

In any case, do not get hit. He shouldn't be able to any harm to you really when you consider the fact that everything he has is punishable in some way.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Hellu Falco Boards, you might be seeing me a lot here in the next little while asking questions about your character and how they perform on a certain stage.
Character boards seem to cycle through incomplete MU threads to new ones in hope to update them and finally complete them. This is the R.O.B. Boards attempt at completing a sufficient stage-discussion thread and I'm going to try my best to get accurate and thorough information, but I'll need your help. This will be the only question with an introductory. I just wanted to say hello and let you know that if you guys need info on anything for R.O.B. don't hesitate asking. ^_^

Anywho!

Q: How does Falco fair off on Delfino Plaza in general and against R.O.B.. Why is it good or bad? What can Falco abuse and what might possibly annoy you that R.O.B. can do on this stage? On a scale of 1 - 10, what do you see Falco's chances of doing well on this stage against R.O.B. 1 being the worst for you 10 being the best.

thanks guys =]
<beep3

Cloud9157

Smash Journeyman
Well, I personally hate Delfino because of the edges during the transformation when the stage is nothing but the platforms. It hurts Phantasm, because I always seem to go right through the stage and die. =\

Theres a decent amount of water/walk-off parts of the stage, so you won't get as much of a chance to gimp him. You're pretty much forced to kill Falco.

Maybe I'm way off, but I can see a few timeouts happening here. A few transformations can halt play till it changes because it'll simply be a stand off. ROB+Falco love camping, so I don't know if either will really want to approach.

Overall, I'd give Falco a 6.

swordsaint

Smash Master
^ Don't listen to him lol.

Falco outcamps R.O.B completely. R.O.B's projectiles are all telegraphed, so they're easy to react to with reflector. Our lasers are better than yours and in the end, if you shoot a gyro we can just steal it.

I said on the R.O.B boards as well, if you're dying because you're phantasming through the stage, you're doing it wrong. It's VERY easy to avoid this via propering spacing, timing and cancelling.

I do however agree that the possibility of gimps are SLIGHTLY removed because of certain transformations, but they don't last overly long at all. The water however does help us with spikes at times if you accidentally fall in.

R.O.B simply shouldn't attempt sharking on Falco. For some it might be a reflex, thinking Falco isn't good from above, but R.O.B will very easily get spiked if he tries.

Often times, the platform lay out on the most common moving section can help juggling. Taking shelter on the second platform underneath the highest to avoid attacks like your Nair.

You CAN however shoot lasers through this stage from underneath, and any good R.O.B knows that R.O.B > Falco on the ledge. This means that your ledge planking ability can be a little more annoying, but nothing too drastic.

Overall against R.O.B I'd give it a 7 or 8. It's not a bad stage at all, but it's not the best either as they both can abuse little sections of it.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
1.) What's the best way to input Falco's double jab combo without getting the twirly pokes?

2.) Against Fox when I'm CG'ing towards the ledge sometimes my D-air completely whiffs the spike attempt even though he's still in CG range. Am I bad, or does this happen sometime?

3.) I use X to jump and Y to grab. Which means when I try to do instant phantasm I can't do the simple Y->B slide. What method do you guys use? I've found I can reach my lowest peak by doing up, upforward, forward +B really fast but the motion is weird.

4.) What determines what kind of phantasm Falco performs when you do the 'run off ledge into overb' tech. Sometimes I'll properly fly across the stage. Sometimes I'll pivot and just grab ledge. Sometimes I'll do the reset where your animation cancels and you begin free falling from the ledge.

Denzi

Smash Master
1.) What's the best way to input Falco's double jab combo without getting the twirly pokes?

You have to crouch cancel the 2nd jab. So A > A > Down > Grab/Ftilt//Jab x2/etc.

2.) Against Fox when I'm CG'ing towards the ledge sometimes my D-air completely whiffs the spike attempt even though he's still in CG range. Am I bad, or does this happen sometime?

I'm pretty sure to land the spike of Fox you have to be (near?) Frame perfect. So yes, it just happens sometimes.

3.) I use X to jump and Y to grab. Which means when I try to do instant phantasm I can't do the simple Y->B slide. What method do you guys use? I've found I can reach my lowest peak by doing up, upforward, forward +B really fast but the motion is weird.

Well I jump with X and set L to special, and I can IAP/hit all the cancels fine.

4.) What determines what kind of phantasm Falco performs when you do the 'run off ledge into overb' tech. Sometimes I'll properly fly across the stage. Sometimes I'll pivot and just grab ledge. Sometimes I'll do the reset where your animation cancels and you begin free falling from the ledge.
When you're about a foxtrot's distance from the ledge and you start a dash + reverse side B you'll grab the ledge. The animation reset happens when you hit the ledge with a certain part of Falco (somewhere around his knees iirc) so if that's happening you just aren't over B-ing fast enough.

Responses in green.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. What frame does falcos f smash come out, it says frame 16 on the guide thread but at times it seems wayyy faster than that.

2. How do I avoid that short hop laser lag, where he hits the ground and actually goes through the motion of putting his gun away, instead of, just being able to move instantly upon hitting the ground.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
1. What frame does falcos f smash come out, it says frame 16 on the guide thread but at times it seems wayyy faster than that.

2. How do I avoid that short hop laser lag, where he hits the ground and actually goes through the motion of putting his gun away, instead of, just being able to move instantly upon hitting the ground.
No idea on the F-Smash Frame data :\

The laser lag you just have to time your Short Hop > Laser input right. It's less lag the better it's timed, i.e. Silent Laser has pretty much no lag at all. Just practice hitting B at different times and you'll get the hang of it.

You can also practice buffering a jab or another move as soon as you land, which should get you a good feel for when to time the laser and when to input your next action.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Thanks for the responses, Denzi.

Also, is there a link or a list somewhere where I can see all of the CG%'s on the entire cast?

Denzi

Smash Master
Thanks for the responses, Denzi.

Also, is there a link or a list somewhere where I can see all of the CG%'s on the entire cast?
There used to be some sort of list out there, but it was poorly done and didn't take buffering or boost grabbing into account.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164990

It's not exactly right on a lot of things, but it gives you a general idea.

Cloud9157

Smash Journeyman
^ Don't listen to him lol.

Falco outcamps R.O.B completely. R.O.B's projectiles are all telegraphed, so they're easy to react to with reflector. Our lasers are better than yours and in the end, if you shoot a gyro we can just steal it.

I said on the R.O.B boards as well, if you're dying because you're phantasming through the stage, you're doing it wrong. It's VERY easy to avoid this via propering spacing, timing and cancelling.

I do however agree that the possibility of gimps are SLIGHTLY removed because of certain transformations, but they don't last overly long at all. The water however does help us with spikes at times if you accidentally fall in.

R.O.B simply shouldn't attempt sharking on Falco. For some it might be a reflex, thinking Falco isn't good from above, but R.O.B will very easily get spiked if he tries.

Often times, the platform lay out on the most common moving section can help juggling. Taking shelter on the second platform underneath the highest to avoid attacks like your Nair.

You CAN however shoot lasers through this stage from underneath, and any good R.O.B knows that R.O.B > Falco on the ledge. This means that your ledge planking ability can be a little more annoying, but nothing too drastic.

Overall against R.O.B I'd give it a 7 or 8. It's not a bad stage at all, but it's not the best either as they both can abuse little sections of it.

Not gonna lie, I do have bad spacing when it comes to Phantasming on a ledge at Delfino.

And think about it. There aren't a lot of places that are like a normal stage (no water/walk offs). I can think of on top of the Shine gate and during the time its all platforms.

Greenpaint

Smash Rookie
I had a noobish question about DACUS(or boost smashing or whatever you wanna call it)

TL;DR, Can I use "R" set to attack to initiate a DACUS/boostsmash instead of "Z" (Z is set to default grab.)

I've struggled with getting this to work for me with falco. I just can't get the timing right, most of the time when I get it it doesn't really slide that far(just about the same length as a hyphen smash).
However one time while I was practicing I accidentally mashed "R" instead of "Z"(for me R is binded to Attack), and all of the sudden falco takes off, slides just about a third (possibly a little more) of the distance of FD and launches the Usmash. I've watch quite a few tutorial guides for falco's DACUS and it looks just like what I see in the videos; however using the R button set to attack is not mentioned as an option in the tutorials. So I was just wondering if this is an actual DACUS or if I'm doing something different and should try and perfect the one using "Z"

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Is a delayed fastfall dair guaranteed from cg? and if i hit with it and they don't tech what are some good followups? jab/dsmash perhaps?

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Is a delayed fastfall dair guaranteed from cg? and if i hit with it and they don't tech what are some good followups? jab/dsmash perhaps?
the delayed fastfall dair is character dependent.

There are a lot of good follow ups. You can jab, utilt, f smash, d smash, side b, dash attack, dair, u tilt, grab. Most of the follow ups depend on you reading how they get up though, I think jab and utilt are the only guaranteed follow up if they don't tech.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
the delayed fastfall dair is character dependent.

There are a lot of good follow ups. You can jab, utilt, f smash, d smash, side b, dash attack, dair, u tilt, grab. Most of the follow ups depend on you reading how they get up though, I think jab and utilt are the only guaranteed follow up if they don't tech.
Thanks!

Is there a thread on which characters it works on at and at which percentage aka does it work on mk?

Also I know boost grab cg will get the full cg on olimar and marth wondering if it works on other characters too.

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
1. How do you boost grab/boost pivot grab?

2. What was it Rain was doing when he jumped off the ledge then jumped back on the stage with a rising laser (during Apex)?

Cloud9157

Smash Journeyman
BPG is done by snapping the control stick+c-stick in the same direction at the same time while pressing Z. You have to get a bit of a dash going obviously. It helps me personally if you move the c-stick diagonally in the same direction. Just what works for me.

Idk the proper term, but I guess ledge lasers or something like that.

Two Troll Questions, and one serious one.

One, why is this thread's title spelt incorrectly?
[IMPORTANT] Ask a Question. Get an Answer.
It should be:
[Important] Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Anyway, what is everyone's favorite type of bread.

Now onto being serious. Does anyone know the decay rate of lasers in relation to Falco's other moves? I am trying to figure out possibly how many lasers minimum or other hits are needed to recover the usage of some of Falco's kills moves, Usmash/Bair. But, from testing it out, it acts sort of weird :/

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well using logic one laser adds up to one slot in the "decay list" so 9 lasers would clear the list.

It follows that to a degree. Projectiles differ slightly than normal attacks in the decay slots. However, I have never heard a proper explaination of how projectiles factor in.

Top Bottom