• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

pulse131

Smash Ace
ya i was doing that. only got the whole thing down perfectly one time and it was pretty funny. but i didnt go to much in detail cuz of how pointless it is. kinda wanna try it on a large custom stage with ice all the way across, but snakes simple dacus, weegiiz dash cancel or pits side b slides all the way on that. dont ask me how i know. ;p

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
If Wario air breaks you can do all of Falco's aerials, f smash, u smash, ftilt, utilt, and jab.
i figured we could do this. is it always sourspotted?

you can generally figure that if someone is mashing, they will air release, unless they play with tap jump off. just have a look at the opponents controller and you're set lol

pulse131

Smash Ace
hey shmot whered you get that pic. when i was watching the series not too long a go i saw that and screen picked it and slapped it on my aib profile.

dainbramage

Smash Journeyman
i figured we could do this. is it always sourspotted?

you can generally figure that if someone is mashing, they will air release, unless they play with tap jump off. just have a look at the opponents controller and you're set lol
No you can sweetspot.

..I wish falco held people higher. Guaranteed air releases on MK and wario would be ****. Most warios practise mashing without jumping, though you might be able to surprise a MK with GR-->DACUS.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
sweetspotted fsmash would be pretty ****. i assume it works if you somehow grab him over the ledge too? probs better than spiking in such a case...

@pulse: the snake boards posted it a while ago. something about 'master roshi is actually snake' lol

pulse131

Smash Ace
correct. hurts him, not you. as long as it hits him. but regardless, something you reflect becomes yours.
(even moar effective in minus :))

Psycho Meta Knight

Smash Apprentice
Ok, wasn't sure on that. And also, if someone is spamming a progectile attack and Falco uses his barrier a few times in a row, will it reflect it all, or is there a moment of vulnerability between barrier kicks?

pulse131

Smash Ace
it isnt like links up b where once its hits just one thing it will keep going but not hitting anything ;p
it will reflect in and all even when the reflector is on its way back.
as for the time it takes to shoot out a new reflector after it comes back, id say you wouldnt have to worry about it in 1v1 unless maybe against a fox constantyl shooting at you he may get one hit off but if he stupid enough to do that anyways he'll just more dmg/get punished. but other then that its has little lag by means of reflecting.

pulse131

Smash Ace
much faster in the air. thats why when you see falco vids they do short hop double lasers instead of just standing there. same applies to melee. standing lasers will get you punished and it wont lead to anything unless there far enough a way and/or your laser locking.

I never realized how many chances there were to get extra free damage. After a weak bair, you can typically pull off a reverse laser and it will hit the target. Running off platforms away from the opponent into a reverse laser. People on platforms you can hit with two lasers. Even people far offstage you can hit with lasers, even two if you time it right. Heck, you can even manage a lagless laser when taking weak knockback. I find it so useful to break up people chasing after falco. So much free damage wasted all this time :confused:

Any other unique situations people can think of apart from what I have just mentioned?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
when you try to full hop a bair or a fair at an aerial opponent, if you miss, of even when you hit sometimes, i think you can laser before you land.

also, i noticed in larrys match with m2k at apex, there were a couple times where he used side b to punish some of mks moves, is this a commonly used tactic?

pulse131

Smash Ace
when recovery its any option to get them out of the way. just makes sure you got enough time to zip past em afterwords and not end up having to go uhhhhhhhhhhh fire!!
works better on people like marth right as he uses his jump.

when you try to full hop a bair or a fair at an aerial opponent, if you miss, of even when you hit sometimes, i think you can laser before you land.

also, i noticed in larrys match with m2k at apex, there were a couple times where he used side b to punish some of mks moves, is this a commonly used tactic?
I described that with the FH when I mentioned Bair. You can even fastfall reverse laser from a full hop and it will be lagless, I use it all the time.

Like OoS Phantasm? I feel that falco sometimes has to use phantams to punish some moves, are at least attempt to. Fsmash is horribly safe for MK. However, phantasm has the ability to surprise punish them. I would say it's a risky, yet worthwhile tactic.

pulse131

Smash Ace
i usually try not to use phantasm as a means of dmging. more so just for ''getting around'' or ''getting through''. almost the same with lasers. i means, sure im all for free dmg and camping when it works but where the most dmg comes from is picking up on there mistakes when doing these things and getting inside for grabs and attacks.
ya i got a generic falco <3

pulse131

Smash Ace
sweet ill have to look out for that next time i get some games in. also grab release on mk>side b>bair. maybe predict the air dodge

dainbramage

Smash Journeyman
The point of phantasm as a punisher is that it has a hell of a lot of range. If your opponent does something laggy half the stage away you can phantasm through when nothing else except maybe a standing laser (lol) could hit.

pulse131

Smash Ace
i suppose i do standing laser punish people a few times a match actually. but unless theres enough room for me to phantasm without going off the ledge i suppose thats a few extra percent :)
plus it can lead into other stuffs. dacus out of phantasm :pPP

Ok, so I was playing Souther, the Snake main from japan, on wifi earlier and I started using Utilt a bit more than I usually would when snake is nearby, but to my surprise it seems to work rather well whenever he used a grenade.

I was wondering if you all think this would be a good idea to use angled up Ftilt and Utilt in certain cases when you are close to snake to avoid those grenades he has.

Psycho Meta Knight

Smash Apprentice
Utilt would probably be better. If he drops the grenade then you shouldn't hit it with Utilt. I'm not sure if you would or not with Ftilt.

pulse131

Smash Ace
i don know, its basically only in situations where hes got a greande and JUST put up his shield meaning hes expecting a hit. if you got time to go for a utilt, just grab em.
cuz chances are thats what he gonna do. either that or somebody gonna roll/jump away.

Psycho Meta Knight

Smash Apprentice
I often hit ppl off stage and try to spike 'em with Falco's Dair. I was wondering if there was a min % oppents need in order to be thrown down enough to hit the blast zone?

I often hit ppl off stage and try to spike 'em with Falco's Dair. I was wondering if there was a min % oppents need in order to be thrown down enough to hit the blast zone?
I do not think anyone has taken the time to see that. I am not even sure if anyone has even taken the time to chart the size of the blastzones from the stage.

Either way, I would say 80% is a for sure spike death.

Psycho Meta Knight

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I think that would be for more heavy characters. I think lighter characters can be spiked into the blast zone a little sooner. (On stages that don't have a huge drop to the blast zone)

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
Do we get any use out of stutter step? Some of my friends told me about it today. Maybe for the whole spike-onto-stage-fsmash/buuman trap thing?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Ok, I think that would be for more heavy characters. I think lighter characters can be spiked into the blast zone a little sooner. (On stages that don't have a huge drop to the blast zone)
Remember to take meteor cancel into account that would have the opponent living at percents much greater then 80%.

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
I'm just wondering if stutter step could be used for anything with Falco.

I realized today that sometimes when i mess up a boost pivot grab, I'm actually doing a stutter step to down smash (which is pretty cool to see cuz Falco jabs, somehow "teleports" behind the opponent and gets a down smash to the back)

Edit: Just thought of a new question. Does Falco's down smash have more range behind him or is it the same?

Remember to take meteor cancel into account that would have the opponent living at percents much greater then 80%.
I have not tested anything, but it makes sense that 80% is a reasonable starting point. People like Ganon or other like characters I have CGed have meteor canceled the spike and still die to stuff like getting edgehogged. 80% is double that of 40% and appears to be a good number that should either kill them, or prevent any recovery. Considering that a spike at 40% was enough to gimp recoveries with an edgehog.

pulse131

Smash Ace
ya i was gonna say stutter step into fsmash.
hey what does falco hace on zss? i hear alot of how its like, 75-25 but i dont really see how/why. i play a zss/snake main every so often but neither of us really see what the big advantage is.

Psycho Meta Knight

Smash Apprentice
If I have high dmg and get hit off the stage what recovery move should I use if I'm aiming to land on stage, not grab the edge, Phantasm or Fire?

If I have high dmg and get hit off the stage what recovery move should I use if I'm aiming to land on stage, not grab the edge, Phantasm or Fire?
If someone is in the middle of the stage, they expect you to phantasm on stage. In that case, go for the ledge (firebird or phantasm for that is fine). If someone is hanging around the edge of the stage look at what they are doing on the stage. If they are charging an attack, go for the ledge (phantasm). Or go for a platform close to the edge of the stage. Keep your 2nd jump available to try to mess someone up with their timing.

Firebird is really only safe when someone is half the stage away from you.

Top Bottom