• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Meh, not really that useful, long *** startup time plus a low priority move. And it works because the diagonality of the slope ends the bounce early. Most stages don't have that kind of slope, it would work somewhat on YI but wouldn't make it a viable option in any situation imo.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Two Troll Questions, and one serious one.

One, why is this thread's title spelt incorrectly?
[IMPORTANT] Ask a Question. Get an Answer.
It should be:
[Important] Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Anyway, what is everyone's favorite type of bread.

Now onto being serious. Does anyone know the decay rate of lasers in relation to Falco's other moves? I am trying to figure out possibly how many lasers minimum or other hits are needed to recover the usage of some of Falco's kills moves, Usmash/Bair. But, from testing it out, it acts sort of weird :/
OMG I'M NOT CRAZY

this seriously happened to me awhile ago. It left after the site went down for maintenance, I think it has to do with how the source on the site is interpreted.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I think those uppity SMods keep coming in with their fail grasp of Falco dialect.

It's the qusestion thread again bros.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The reflector can cancel the attack but it doesn't reflect it back on him.

As far as I remember, honestly I've never really been bucketed in a way that I could react, or I'd just be defensive enough to make them botch it completely.

Yeah, we cannot reflect it in anyway. It is actually a very dumb move to even attempt to use the reflector anyway then since it has no reflective properties on the Oil Panic.

OoS Bucket, it is scary as hell. I am surprised not more G&Ws do that.

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
I'm fairly decent and can do most of Falco's ATs (except bdacus), but the one I see most potential in and still struggle with is boost pivot grabbing. I can do it if I'm in a neutral position, but if I attempt it after something else quickly in close combat, I mess up and either don't boost it or somehow i just quickly move to the other side and down smash (not a bad thing but not what I want). Other times are when situation is neutral and I can't find an opening for it.

So my questions are:

1. How can I improve/practice doing BPG out of other things? Do I need to practice buffer dashing?

2. What are some good leads to BPG and how do I approach with a BPG as my goal?

I know how amazing it can be for CG to spike and jab to grab, but I can't seem to apply it in my games

*edit*
I also recall reading somewhere that you can do a full CG on olimar if you use BPG. Is that true?

I'm fairly decent and can do most of Falco's ATs (except bdacus), but the one I see most potential in and still struggle with is boost pivot grabbing. I can do it if I'm in a neutral position, but if I attempt it after something else quickly in close combat, I mess up and either don't boost it or somehow i just quickly move to the other side and down smash (not a bad thing but not what I want). Other times are when situation is neutral and I can't find an opening for it.

So my questions are:

1. How can I improve/practice doing BPG out of other things? Do I need to practice buffer dashing?

2. What are some good leads to BPG and how do I approach with a BPG as my goal?

I know how amazing it can be for CG to spike and jab to grab, but I can't seem to apply it in my games

*edit*
I also recall reading somewhere that you can do a full CG on olimar if you use BPG. Is that true?
1. No easy solution. Practice practice practice. Just simply apply that neutral postion timing you have down to anything after an input.
SHL/SHDL -> BPG
airdodge off a platform -> BPG

It really is not a safe approach at all. Those are a few of the simplest methods that can play off an opponents reactions. Dthrow -> BPG is probably the only real usage for this against some characters to apply the CG - Spike to the highest percentage possible.

Again, practice practice practice.

About olimar, I am not really sure. I am postive we can CG with a walk up to 30%. After 30% a regrab is not really positive. I heard about the same with the boost grab idea, but I have not really seen anything conclusive. But I never play olimar, so I wouldn't really know.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you can use the bpg to get under falling opponents and grab them from behind.

some times it helps avoid the frontal based counter attack too.

swordsaint

Smash Master
BPG's are also good when trying to avoid confrontation with wario attacking on shield and still try to get your grabs.

but i agree with KID

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Thanks a bunch Cloud9157 and swordsaint<3
If anyone else has anything to add about Falco fighting R.O.B. on Delfino Plaza, it would be greatly appreciated =D

jamesfoote

Smash Rookie
What advice do you have with Falco's matchup with Ice Climbers, I use Falco but can't beat my brother when he's IC, hints?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Don't use Falco.

But if you do, camp, dont get grabbed, when you seperate them combo the **** out of nana while avoiding popo, def spike her where shes off stage. Then proceed to run away for 8 mins if your confident in your abilities to not get killed by sopo.

kismet2

Smash Ace
I think the matchup is very even :p I even think that you can avoid grabs with little to no difficulty. If ics ever try to approach you just abuse the first third of the phantasm so they can't disrupt it and you are able to reset spacing. You end up on the other side of the stage to continue your camping and I like to abuse pivot grabs or grabbing in general in this matchup if ics try to rush you down. However, if you do get a grab immediately bthrow so you can gimp nana or something. I usually try to bthrow nana off stage and go for a spike or even try to gimp her with a recovering phantasm so she's pretty much dead. You should almost never laser while next to ics, you should do it about mid range and I usually spam standing lasers from long range. Bair ***** their side b and if you hit only popo out of hit nana goes into special fall and just dies. Spaced double jabs **** them because of their crappy grab range and btw if they try to block your phantasm with blizzard just reflect it.

<3 k.i.d. haha

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Sometimes when I use up b towards the ground it'll curve and go parallel with the floor instead of Falco crashing to the ground. Does anyone know why this happens?

kismet2

Smash Ace
Sometimes when I use up b towards the ground it'll curve and go parallel with the floor instead of Falco crashing to the ground. Does anyone know why this happens?
do you slightly tilt the control stick rather than holding it all the way

Depends how close off the ground you are. If you are too close it will follow parallel to the ground. If you are high off, it will actually do that plant intot he ground.

Better yet, I have been on the recieving end of one. UpB -> Usmash. However, I aided in it by doing some pretty dumb things. DI wrong and laggy attack (fair). Falco dittos' they are actually fun.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The FLAMEDASH is old news and kinda gimmicky. :/

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
do you slightly tilt the control stick rather than holding it all the way
I usually hold the control stick all the way

Depends how close off the ground you are. If you are too close it will follow parallel to the ground. If you are high off, it will actually do that plant intot he ground.
No it's not that, I've been able to do it far from the ground. The angle for the up b that I pick comes out, then when the up b is about to hit the ground it curves.

swordsaint

Smash Master
none, unless we hold him off the ground because of slants or an edge

in that case i usually just dair him to put below the stage. or for extra techchase reads.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
If Wario air breaks you can do all of Falco's aerials, f smash, u smash, ftilt, utilt, and jab.

pulse131

Smash Ace
any valiable ways to bdacus out of throwing an item or glidetossing? such as naners or tires, maybe turnips. im messin around with it in training right now and it dosnt seem that thered ever really be a reason to with bananas cuz from how much time it takes for them to recover after slipping you can usually just run and usmash or w/e else.

Top Bottom