• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Marfs whining about tap jump on.

l2buffer with tap jump off, instead of telling people to be lazy with tap jump on.

Real men play Marf with tap jump off.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
it's not hard to have basic control over your controller

all you do is make everything slower at tournaments when you have to mess with controls

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Real men play Marf with tap jump off.
Actually, real men do whatever the hell they want and don't whine about it if it doesn't result in a favorable outcome:

"Whether you choose to go solo or play with friends, you’re covered, because Brawl is about playing the way you want to play."

-Smash DOJO!

Lord Chair

Smash Master
it's not hard to have basic control over your controller

all you do is make everything slower at tournaments when you have to mess with controls
Wouldn't you say that pressing up + jump + special requires about as much time as up+special? Pressing one more button doesn't necessarily slow you down.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Wouldn't you say that pressing up + jump + special requires about as much time as up+special? Pressing one more button doesn't necessarily slow you down.
He means the time it takes to set-up those specific controls up in the first place.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
He means the time it takes to set-up those specific controls up in the first place.
Oh yes that was pretty obvious wasn't it? :)

That's not quite a reason though, everyone has his own controls according to their own liking. Or perhaps not, but that's a choice you are allowed to make.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
His point still stands as if everyone used custom controls, big SSBB tourneys would never finish as Brawl is still too slow-paced until you get toward semis and finals, and are always pressed on time.

However, yes, it's an option and personal preference so you should be able to do whatever you wish [within rules] to make yourself comfortable in battle. Doing otherwise would be a disservice to yourself.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Actually, real men do whatever the hell they want and don't whine about it if it doesn't result in a favorable outcome:

"Whether you choose to go solo or play with friends, you’re covered, because Brawl is about playing the way you want to play."

-Smash DOJO!
Why did u feel the need to pwn him Sakurai style? A simple "ur doin it wrong" woulda sufficed. :laugh: This tap jump thing falls under the category of "work smarter not harder" to me.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Just to make sure that it's really as easy as it sounds:

Would it be good to make falco a secondary, simply to counter DDD and go even with Snake, solving 2/3 of the MU problem?

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Just to make sure that it's really as easy as it sounds:

Would it be good to make falco a secondary, simply to counter DDD and go even with Snake, solving 2/3 of the MU problem?
Yeah and Falco is also better vs Metaknight then Marth as well.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Lol. Falco is actually fun for me to play as :). Is he probably the best choice as a secondary along with Marth? If so then it'll help cus then I know I'm doing what is "right".

Smash Rookie
How do I fight a gay ZSS that camps with armour pieces? I've tried glide tossing them back at her but it doesn't work that often....

Tennet

Smash Champion
Pierce if played right Snake has the advantage lol and its moar fun going Marth vs Snake then it is dittos...

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Oh yeah there's a question I've been wanting to ask but I kept forgetting to ask it XD. This isn't Marth specific, but for all characters.

Ok so there's different kinds of jumps: Short Hop and Full Jump. But, sometimes you go REALLY fricken high. What is that, and how do you do it? It's not simply using two jumps. I mean, you go really high. Dashing then jumping doesn't cause it.

Anyone know how to do it? And really high means near the top of the stage where you can't see yourself.

clowsui

Smash Legend
@ragnarok: the footstool animation can happen even if the other person doesn't actually receive the effects of the footstool
if you touch their head on the point of where the footstool would happen or w/e you go really high for some reason, it's dumb

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
No I'm not talking about Footstooling. Often times I will press jump (one or two times) and I go super high... and this happens when I'm nowhere near them, so no it's not a footstool. And it's not just that the character jumps really high. For example, Marth's DJ can reach close to the top platform of BF. But, when you do this wierd mega jump thing, you can go a whole Dolphin Slash Range above his DJ on BF.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Nope, only jump (or both jumps, i forget).

Hmm ok I'll look through my recent replays and try to find one :) Was hoping you guys would know how about it, guess not though XD.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Hello, sorry to ask this but i have never played a fire emblem game before.

Is Marth man or woman?
Marth is a man.

A very bitter but calm man.

Yeah he's pretty much made out to look cool, the effeminate appearance makes the ladies dig him. His actions win the hearts of all.

Sakurai and the graphic artists are just jealous.

Shadowblazen

Smash Cadet
Hey I was wondering, does Marth have guarenteed grab release combos on other characters besides MK? Where can I find more information about comboing out of grabs in general, etc.? Thanks and sorry for asking such a stupid question =/

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Ness and Lucas ground release > pretty much most of your moveset.

Wario>air release>pretty much everything

Squirtle>air release>regrab or spike (these are the only two that really matter)

I think you could land a fair on Mario and GW out of air release but not sure.

Top Bottom