• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I'm pretty sure if it clash-cancels, it's because the nado was ground. If it's aerial, which it always should be, you will likely get hit.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I have clash-cancelled tornado with Fair and Bair.

But it was really random and totally unreliable
Grounded Tornado can clash cancel because it's a grounded move. It's also slightly less powerful in terms of priority at the beginning of start-up.

So, you can cancel it at the start, and if it's grounded. You'll never win though, and aerial tornado will beat you.

~-Pierce-->

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ok, I've wondered about this for a while, and I probably should have asked long before now.

Most of us know that grabbing the ledge with DS leaves you suffering the endlag the next time you touch the ground. For the longest time I've been working around it by forcing the hard landing in a safe spot. Is there a safe way to get rid of the endlag, or are we forced to take the hard landing?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I've had neutral air win.
But hitting mk from the "top" of the nado with specific tippered aerials are known.

DB1 to DB2 Up is the "best".
DB2 Up covers above marth's head "better" than jab (so similar to ftilt but without the range) and has a much higher chance of reaching MK diagonally.

DB1 is an iffy hitbox. The hitbox for it only strikes at marth's head level and close to it (so not that much horizontally infront) and reaches further "lower". So unless MK's tornado is [near] grounded] db1 shouldn't be getting through that easily.

C.J.

Smash Master
Ok, I've wondered about this for a while, and I probably should have asked long before now.

Most of us know that grabbing the ledge with DS leaves you suffering the endlag the next time you touch the ground. For the longest time I've been working around it by forcing the hard landing in a safe spot. Is there a safe way to get rid of the endlag, or are we forced to take the hard landing?
Land with an aerial. Also, if you land with a special, it gets rid of it for that landing but carries over to next time you land.

So yeah, land with an aerial.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
I have a question.

What followups does marth have on MK after a grab release? Can Marth run up to Sheild grab again and CG across the stage this way? Because I already know that Grab release to Spike on MK is guaranteed, but if marth can CG MK across the stage this way... then every grab would = to a spike... please someone tell me there's a way to do this >_<

∫unk

Smash Master
Well I know shield dropping slows you down, so I'm trying to see what my other options are after a powershield. Maybe you can't buffer it, that's why I'm asking someone to enlighten me or help me out by linking me to a thread that explains everything (I've tried looking).

jbandrew

Smash Lord
true but marths sheild grab range > then his dash grab. soo maybe it makes up for it. I only ask because I grab realeased my friends MK today into a regrab and I was wondering if it was just a one time thing or actually guaranteed!

clowsui

Smash Legend
true but marths sheild grab range > then his dash grab. soo maybe it makes up for it. I only ask because I grab realeased my friends MK today into a regrab and I was wondering if it was just a one time thing or actually guaranteed!
one time thing, mk can UAir or SL to get out of the regrab

to answer the original question
Onstage/Offstage DAir (first one frame perfect, second one a few frames leeway)
Fullhop/Shorthop FAir
Tipper/Untipped Dash Attack
Tipped/Untipped Neutral Air
Dancing Blade (can be SDI'd out of)
Dolphin Slash
Double Foxtrot USmash? (not confirmed)

Almo

Smash Ace
I was posting before here about it so i figured it would be on topic. Double marth is an amazing team. Today my teammate was following up REALLY well with whatever i did, and it was our 1st time teaming in the last 11 months in a tournament <_<

I just let him do his own thing and played support. We only did bad when i felt i needed to be agressive because of his lack of skill, and that's exactly why we lost a set we should have won. Agressive + Agressive is bad. I wish there were videos, but the pressure game of double marth is crazy good.

We're teaming again in a month, and i'll try and get videos, this is a possibly underrated team. Kills weren't a problem, it was mostly saving each other and getting gimped in general. If we can fix these flaws, we can rise to a top 4 team in our region in 3-4 months if we stay consistent and actually get offline practice with each other lol.

I took Shaya's advice of "planking can be effective" and sort of applied it, but only camped really hard. Would it make more sense for the skilled player to play support and have the newbie do his thing, or reverse the roles and teach him to support me?

Either way we will both get better and eventually it won't matter. This is just a short term thing to focus on for roles in teams until we can do both roles efficiently.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
I was posting before here about it so i figured it would be on topic. Double marth is an amazing team. Today my teammate was following up REALLY well with whatever i did, and it was our 1st time teaming in the last 11 months in a tournament <_<

I just let him do his own thing and played support. We only did bad when i felt i needed to be agressive because of his lack of skill, and that's exactly why we lost a set we should have won. Agressive + Agressive is bad. I wish there were videos, but the pressure game of double marth is crazy good.

We're teaming again in a month, and i'll try and get videos, this is a possibly underrated team. Kills weren't a problem, it was mostly saving each other and getting gimped in general. If we can fix these flaws, we can rise to a top 4 team in our region in 3-4 months if we stay consistent and actually get offline practice with each other lol.

I took Shaya's advice of "planking can be effective" and sort of applied it, but only camped really hard. Would it make more sense for the skilled player to play support and have the newbie do his thing, or reverse the roles and teach him to support me?

Either way we will both get better and eventually it won't matter. This is just a short term thing to focus on for roles in teams until we can do both roles efficiently.
sounds interesting. I'll try double Marth with Mintyflesh or some other marth main if i see them in tournament see how it goes.

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
one time thing, mk can UAir or SL to get out of the regrab

to answer the original question
Onstage/Offstage DAir (first one frame perfect, second one a few frames leeway)
Fullhop/Shorthop FAir
Tipper/Untipped Dash Attack
Tipped/Untipped Neutral Air
Dancing Blade (can be SDI'd out of)
Dolphin Slash
Double Foxtrot USmash? (not confirmed)

What about a double foxtrot> true pivot> up tilt? *Hopefully i used the right terminology*

Almo

Smash Ace
sounds interesting. I'll try double Marth with Mintyflesh or some other marth main if i see them in tournament see how it goes.
I'm not really that good but i'd strongly recommend someone being really good at support. you just have to be really patient. it seemed to work today against players who are a bit more skilled than us, but it's probably just natural chemistry that made us do better against those teams.

Also, if you do this, let me know how it goes, i'm always open to advice or insight.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Ok. Mintyflesh is arguably top 3 marth's in the world, and I'm an upcoming Marth. If we team things could either get really bad, or amazingly tasty really fast hahaha ;)

∫unk

Smash Master
So I tested it, and you can dash out of a powershield. This is going to help me so much.

And I don't know if it's buffering or just perfect timing, but either way it's a timing thing with a little bit of leeway.

Fatalzyntax

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I haven't been lurking the SWF much since I took a break from Brawl.
Did I miss out on any info since Shaya took over?
Like new AT, metagame strategies, must see Marth footage??
Thanks

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
if i'm assuming correctly:

you can't do neutral b out of the initial dash (first 17 frames), but once you're "running", if you do a neutral b you will literally do a shield breaker whilst running.

You can even b-reverse it.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion

Double marth is terrible. >_> jband i'd love to team with you some time tho, we needa meet irl lol

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Double marth is terrible. >_> jband i'd love to team with you some time tho, we needa meet irl lol
lol worddd. Alrighty we definetely have too. We needa try double Marth just to see how things go, but if that don't work you already know I have that pocket MK lol.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
What does Marth have over Sonic to gain the advantage in this MU?
(I'd like a clear explination, not a briefing.)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
That's all? o.o
I've had so much troble in this MU...

Is there any greater detail of what Marth can do that overpowers Sonic?
(Besides the disjoint <.< lol)

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
if i'm assuming correctly:

you can't do neutral b out of the initial dash (first 17 frames), but once you're "running", if you do a neutral b you will literally do a shield breaker whilst running.

You can even b-reverse it.
Thats actually 100% correct, lol. :)

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Sigh, all my pros are no longer available to play on wifi -_- Guess it's back to the ladder and Hippiedude (no offense Kev) to learn and practice stuff...

Top Bottom