• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

Player-3

Smash Hero
powershield beats lazers

back roll beats lazers > phantasm

dash attack does under lazers if timed right

nair beats phantasm easily

Almo

Smash Ace

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Dash doesn't beat lasers O_o Maybe if the falco times them very wrong. But everything else was good.

Almo

Smash Ace
grab release dair is a real combo. if you don't time it correctly they can uair or shuttle loop, but it does work on humans. lol

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Mr. R

You can input ANY action while holding down going through a moving platform to platform cancel. It doesn't have to be a Dair. In fact, I wouldn't recommend using Dair, lol.
If you don't hold down, you can just press dair as you pass through the platform and it works the same. I think thats what he's trying to say.

Guys I can't seem to get the fthrow > fthrow > dthrow > dthrow > dthrow > fsmash on any of the spacies! Sooo hard, how do you guys do it? Can I have an exact breakdown of how its done, and what is needed?

Player-3

Smash Hero
fhtrows are easy

the dthrow is kinda hard but you buffer it like , right after the enemy hits the ground

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
well yea i can do the fthrows >_>

lol, ok, i'll try that. thanks.

*edit: checked it out in frame advance, now its really easy lol

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Mr. R

You can input ANY action while holding down going through a moving platform to platform cancel. It doesn't have to be a Dair. In fact, I wouldn't recommend using Dair, lol.
ur right i've tried other aerials i think dair is the most easy one but at the same time the most risky one as well.

idk dair works good enough for me to do it consistently without failing ._.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
dair is good because it gives you a 5 frame leeway to platform cancel I find.

without using c stick down to 'dair', I can only ever platform cancel to shield... !_!

dair before hitbox comes out auto cancels, and I think you can 'platform cancel' once a character is auto cancel position.

Almo

Smash Ace
You can platform cancel with a light shield which allows you to block upon canceling your animation and landing on the platform
uhh, i thought light shielding wasn't in this game lol

do you just mean not pressing down L all the way, or is this a typo?

salsa~

Smash Cadet
How many frames do I save using usmash Oos instead of dropping the shield>usmash?

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
falco. snake isn't that great of a secondary since he only semi covers metaknight
otherwise possibly ice climbers

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
MK and DDD. Close matchups are ROB, DK, ZSS, Snake and Wolf. Peach, if you're West Coast. Falco and/or MK wreck most of those matchups.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
MK and Dedede mainly, and then there are some other more evenish MUs to look out for.

Edit: ninja'd.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
ICs handle Dedede, but I don't think they're that great against Meta, who's the bigger problem.

Top Bottom