• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
So who deals with Meta Knight cuz I know Snake does but I don't like Snake
Yeah, Snake's okay, but if you don't want to use him or play the ditto, you might try.... Falco or Wario? Or maybe Diddy. I think Pika and ZSS do decently too among others, but it starts getting harder the farther down you go and what rei said a minute ago is the best route.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Oh yeah, forgot about ICs. That's a "bad" one too. Falco goes "even" with MK. The only one that handles MK is MK. Snake does well. Diddy does well. And that's about it for viable characters.

Player-3

Smash Hero
diddy would have an advantage over MK if it wasn't for the plethora of gay stages for mk to pick against him

if it was like... fd/bf/sv it'd be in diddys favor rofl

diddy does good agaisnt him

Reizilla

FD and SV, it's even, IMO. Any other stage (except maybe picto, kind of a gamble) is a disadvantage.

Reizilla

Maining MK = the dark side, to some. Although, all true marth mains secretly main MK.

Almo

Smash Ace
is there any way to overcome mental blocks to a certain character? i've been having so much trouble in a few matchups and no matter how much i try to understand them i always lose.

Reizilla

You could try taking a short break, just to get away from stressing about it. You could try playing it with other characters, or playing as that character, to see how they work and what they can be succeptable to. Just thoughts.

earla

Smash Lord
beginner question:

when looking at frame data, the advantage's opponents have listed. are they taking into account power shielding or normal shield advantage?

are many moves in the game at all save on power shield?

cheers

Reizilla

Normal shield. Power shielding has much better advantage. Not a whole lot of moves are safe on shield. Perfect ff fair and dtilt are like the only ones for marth.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
your right, assuming you don't respond properly either, you actually have 3 frames to buffer DS and by extension grab before they can punish you

I think

LordAizen

Smash Journeyman
Ok thank you. I always read people put FF *insert attack* and it kept confusing me lol.

I thought it meant full force(which I thought meant hitting with the tip)

Reizilla

I was talking about normal shield. Should've specified, I guess. Yeah, powershielding is a completely different case. Try MK's dtilt or Lucarios aura sphere is you wanna be safe on PS.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
try youtube lol

but its shield side on control stick and any direction on C stick, its shouldn't be to hard. go to training mode and try it out with a character like diddy who can pull them out easily

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
No no.

Non-tippered ps fair is like -7, tippered is like -10?

The frame data that you currently have has "shield stun" as "hit lag + shield stun".
Power shielding only removes the hit lag. Shield Stun still applies.

Hit lag for non tippered fair is like 4/5 frames. Tipper is 6 or 7 (but there is skewed maths relating to marth's tipper hits on shield in terms of experienced hit lag anyway, so the "disadvantage" difference is not as large between normal and ps'd tipper hits because of this)

[As in, the reason why non tippered fair is so safe, is because the experienced hit lag that marth receives is LESS than what the opponent gets, giving the opponent an extra "pseudo" shield stun.]

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
we should be releasing a new one from the smash lab pretty soon :)

earla

Smash Lord
just read something le thein posted in regards to marth vs diddy.

he said at 25% you can f-throw off stage > dair spike because the f-throw would have enough stun.

he also stated that at 30-45% it would be a garantee KO.

how legitimate are his statements?

if correct, does that mean at certain %'s on every character we can f-throw spike?

cheers

earla

Smash Lord
what is the best way to practice grab release dair on mk?

training mode ?

how do you tell if you're doing it correctly?

cheers

Reizilla

Get a human opponent to mash uair. That's the only way to know if you're getting it right.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys!

I just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Acton and I'm a falco main.

Marth is one of the harder MU's for me personally and I'm trying to step it up. So I'm looking for any Marth mains that want to play friendlies on wifi on a regular basis. Unfortunately I work full time so I'm usually on from 12am-4am est, plus the weekends.

I'm also looking for general tips on the Marth Falco mu, like how I should approach this MU, whether or not Marth uses any gimmicks to beat falco etc.

My aim is xXAccalonXx, feel free to hit me up between 12am-4am est or leave a message for me on aim. I'm on the whole weekend!

Thanks!

Albert.

Smash Master
Hey guys!

I just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Acton and I'm a falco main.

Marth is one of the harder MU's for me personally and I'm trying to step it up. So I'm looking for any Marth mains that want to play friendlies on wifi on a regular basis. Unfortunately I work full time so I'm usually on from 12am-4am est, plus the weekends.

I'm also looking for general tips on the Marth Falco mu, like how I should approach this MU, whether or not Marth uses any gimmicks to beat falco etc.

My aim is xXAccalonXx, feel free to hit me up between 12am-4am est or leave a message for me on aim. I'm on the whole weekend!

Thanks!
You should find any of the numerous sets on Youtube where SK92, DEHF, or Kismet beat some of our best marth players.

Rasenkiri

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone! I'm rasenkiri and I'n new to the boards. I've been smashing ever since brawl was released as a Marth main, and while I've gone to some local tournies and brawled with some experienced players, I know I still have a lot of room for improvement. I just want to know of any good tricks and tactics to get better with Marth overall. Like what are some good techs and stratagies that are useful? Thanks in advance :)

Albert.

Smash Master
Hi everyone! I'm rasenkiri and I'n new to the boards. I've been smashing ever since brawl was released as a Marth main, and while I've gone to some local tournies and brawled with some experienced players, I know I still have a lot of room for improvement. I just want to know of any good tricks and tactics to get better with Marth overall. Like what are some good techs and stratagies that are useful? Thanks in advance :)
Don't get hit.

Look in the threads guide. Look for Junk's

Top Bottom