• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I always troll periodically in here anyway. And I'm going to be changing my avatar back soon. We just need to say Hylian mroe so he doesn't miss the epicness.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hahaha you guys are amazing.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I would post but all I have to go on for the Fox match-up is either theorycraft or WiFi Foxes of dubious skill level.

Either way, I'm deferring to Ryko's opinion on this one.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Let's all namedrop Hylian yeah~

Anyway something super cool happened when I was screwing around with Ike versus some CPUs. Basically I managed to perform the CounterDraw "AT" we all know and love (it's actually the main thing I do when fighting CPUs, haha) but with a slight twist. When performing counter I believe I did a Breversal and instead of Ike sliding forward he slid backwards with a ton of speed. Unfortunately out of several attempts I only managed to replicate a similar effect in training mode once.

It's depressing that I'm so bad at doing this, haha. I might try it out next time I boot up frame by frame mode to gather Bthrow advantage data.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Backwards sliding QD? I guess it would make sense with a wavebounce counter, kinda cool.

BTW, a HUGE weight has been lifted off my shoulders that has plagued me the last 3 months. When playing, I would randomly do an up air instead of an nair when playing, which really frustrated me and felt like I was just playing very VERY off.

Well, tonight I decided to mess with the cstick part and make sure there weren't any parts on the sides messing things up. Now... I nair 100% lol! I can confirm this, because I was at a college smashfest for the last 4-5 hours.. ZERO accidental up airs. It was my controller all along. I'm so happy it wasn't me just Fing up very bad.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Good news, I managed to consistently get the Reverse Counter Draw working consistently. Stay tuned next week for the next episode of "Light learns basic Brawl mechanics!"

I'll record a replay of me doing it soon I guess because it does look pretty cool (worthless besides mindgames at the moment, though), haha.

Umm, what else was on my mind? Oh yeah, I was trying to think of how to apply the Breverse Counter to Ike's recovery but that's just a theory for now so I'll get back to all of you after some minor testing, I suppose.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i tried tilts set to C for my set up and hated it alot because out of most of the characters i got on, they had no use for Nair. I dont air dodge to DI, so nair kept messing up my game quite abit. It does take a good amount of precision in the air to get the right aerial out of tilt set to C. Something im probably better off using smash set to C since im instinctively good at using C grounded for smash attacks and gently tilting analog for tilts.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Question for all of you. I've been slowly coming out of a slump because I've been playing a lot more lately. I've been playing mostly on Wi-Fi for matchup experience and training mode to master my mechanics. But I'm having trouble staying consistent with my mechanics and I think it's because of my controller. I can add further reason to this because my controller makes a rattling sound when I shake it. Does anybody know where I can buy a new controller? I know san bought a new controller very recently as well as Red-X. I looked on Amazon and a brand new White GC controller cost $30. Too expensive for my tastes and I know there are places that sell them under $25. My controller is killing me right now.

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
Well, Mr.Doom said play-asia sells White NGC controller. I'll buy a new controller soon so here's the link :
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-23-49-fr-15-gamecube-70-2ola.html (I don't know why the website is in french, certainly cuz i'm in a french country). The controller costs 24.90$ but you have to pay 10.90$ and finally it's more than 25$

Sorry if I couldn't help you (and sorry if you don't understand what I wrote :( )

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
EDIT: well, i decided I'll go to WHOBO. I might as well post here first then at the tourney thread. Is it possible for anyone to house me over the weekend? It's my first tourney so far away, so I'm just struggling to get everything in order (the matsuri badge, plane ticket, getting picked up from airport, etc).

@kimchi

It's not like your brawl knowledge went away. You still should know how to do things/no noticeable problems in training mode.

You probably find yourself taking a dip in skill/messing up sometimes in actual matches, but that will soon go away (especially if you keep on going to training mode a couple minutes before playing) because

As long as you calmly go over things you need to do in the matchup and things to look out for, keeping a mental goal. Doesn't even need to be complex.

The biggest thing, however, is to keep your focus, stay kalm, and think things through while playing. May not be exactly the same for you, but that was a big problem for me when I just played on autopilot/not playing 'smart' and wasn't really playing as well as I should and focus.

If you're having controller problems, I recommend taking ~5 minutes on training mode or something and carefully check if any movements are out of place. Clean the control stick/cstick too

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
@kimchi

It's not like your brawl knowledge went away. You still should know how to do things/no noticeable problems in training mode.

You probably find yourself taking a dip in skill/messing up sometimes in actual matches, but that will soon go away (especially if you keep on going to training mode a couple minutes before playing) because

As long as you calmly go over things you need to do in the matchup and things to look out for, keeping a mental goal. Doesn't even need to be complex.

The biggest thing, however, is to keep your focus, stay kalm, and think things through while playing. May not be exactly the same for you, but that was a big problem for me when I just played on autopilot/not playing 'smart' and wasn't really playing as well as I should and focus.

If you're having controller problems, I recommend taking ~5 minutes on training mode or something and carefully check if any movements are out of place. Clean the control stick/cstick too
Yeah, I've just been playing off-games lately because I haven't been thinking carefully each game and I just tried to throw moves out. But I'm getting it back. Just need to play better people. Playing in training mode really helps my mechanics and gets me warmed up before I play.
EDIT: @ Kid, LOL, that was just what I was thinking.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Btw, the thing Light was doing, breversal eruption also gives you quite a distance backwards.

@kimchi

Again, it's all that autopilot

EDIT: Sometimes, there are these nuances in play that just help you play better. For me, it's when I decide to play as technical as possible. When I do that, my reactions become better, I become faster, and I do better *shrug*

theeboredone

Smash Legend
San going to WHOBO? Awesome. San, just PM Xyro to set up housing. Or post in the Houston social and WHOBO thread.

No one should have more controller johns than me. My C-stick literally stops working during matches after using it once or twice. No smash DI =/.

Edit: Kimchi, if you are slumping, you might wanna either...

1. Take a break from the game. A week should be good. Sometimes playing too much can be bad for you.
2. Stop playing wifi. I've just learned to associate messing up things on wifi will make you just start slumping in general. Get more offline experience to shake it off.

As far as your controller goes, it's really hard to find a GC controller in solid condition below 25 bucks. The White controllers everywhere are 30, and the rest are used. Used being the questionable term, since you don't know how long those will last you.

TX7Killian

Smash Apprentice
Saw the matches from VC7.
Good work San, you did very well against ally, <3 you man lmao
maybe i'm too late, but I don't care. Rlife and all that ****

Aisu_Aiku

Smash Rookie
Umm...hello, I want to get better with Ike and I want to play against some Ike players, so that I could learn. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask in.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Umm...hello, I want to get better with Ike and I want to play against some Ike players, so that I could learn. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask in.
Nah, this is the perfect place to ask. To get you started, I'm guessing you're not gonna travel the country to face us, so I'm assuming you mean wifi right? Wifi is a great way to get practice, especially if you are just starting out. However, be prepared to face horrendous lag, messing up on timing, and other random stuff that doesn't happen in offline play. Nevertheless, wifi is great to get match up experience, and learn the basics of your character.

With that all being said, I don't play wifi, BUT there are quite a few Ike players here who play wifi often. Red-X, Kimchi, San (Best Ike overall), Penta (The female Ike) are just some you can friendly against. Since you are new, expect to get your butt whipped pretty hard, but don't be discouraged by that...we all had to go through it.

Finally, www.allisbrawl.com is a great place to get a lot of friendlies in with other opponents. Go into the free play or join the ladder and practice there. It's how a lot of us started off, and it does work well.

Oh and since you are using Ike and all...expect to get your butt handed to you a lot...especially against the MetaKnights, Ice Climbers, Olimars, and Falcos of this game. Ike has a lot of difficult match ups, and not only do you need good skill with him, but the ability to read your opponents if you want any chance at winning. With all this being said, have fun and good luck.

Aisu_Aiku

Smash Rookie
Oh, thanks and yea I meant wifi. So umm where do I go about asking for matches against Ikes? I dont really mind losing. I just want to learn how good Ike players play. =)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
On the weekends, this thread is usually dead, but if one of the many wifi Ike players catch your post, I'm sure they will respond to you in here or PM you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom