• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Wario matchup is 60:40. The grab infinite is not really viable in a tournament match, especially if you're just going to make it stale and do 1% for each pummel. It's not worth it and it is incredibly boring, unless you are an extremely patient player..
As for Olimar, I still can't see how it's 70:30. You know he's going to try to grab you every time you try to approach, so rely on quick empty fast-falled short hops to get close and short hop aerial dodge -> jab and just hold it. I did this to Icylight a lot at Viridian and I rarely got grabbed. If he just keeps his shield up, stop your jab combo and retreat or predict his attempt to shield grab and side step then punish. Frigate/Halberd /Rainbow Cruise are the ideal CP choices for obvious reasons.
@ Palpi: Yes, Bloodcross jabbed me outta Bthrow -> Dash attack. You have to reaaaaaaaaaaaally get the timing frame-perfect on Falco, because his jab comes out so fast :mad:.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I see. Man, I want to play phantomX or another awesome wario to know firsthand =)

Any good warios in EC. I don't seem to recall...

EDIT: SO tired from studying nonstop 20 hours + last couple days

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Wario matchup is 60:40. The grab infinite is not really viable in a tournament match, especially if you're just going to make it stale and do 1% for each pummel. It's not worth it and it is incredibly boring, unless you are an extremely patient player..
As for Olimar, I still can't see how it's 70:30. You know he's going to try to grab you every time you try to approach, so rely on quick empty fast-falled short hops to get close and short hop aerial dodge -> jab and just hold it. I did this to Icylight a lot at Viridian and I rarely got grabbed. If he just keeps his shield up, stop your jab combo and retreat or predict his attempt to shield grab and side step then punish. Frigate/Halberd /Rainbow Cruise are the ideal CP choices for obvious reasons.
@ Palpi: Yes, Bloodcross jabbed me outta Bthrow -> Dash attack. You have to reaaaaaaaaaaaally get the timing frame-perfect on Falco, because his jab comes out so fast :mad:.
Any smart Oli player would just wait for you to spot dodge, and then grab you right after that lol. No matter how much we try to mix it up, we're very limited on our approaches, thus making it easy to read what we have.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Oh wow. I am mistaken, though I don't know who Rylix is, the name seems bad *** enough. :)

I know Ryko told me a while back that he beat a good olimar in tourney by mixing up his approaches with air dodges, spot dodging and etc. Maybe it is hard to get used to as an olimar.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Would it be easier if the Wario used his second jump?

And another question: Will grab release on edge to full hop dair spike Wario? Or can the Wario DI towards the stage?
Easier? Perhaps. It would give you a few extra frames, since their next best option is to either Nair or air dodge. But it is still very easy to do regardless. Bairing after the release is guaranteed, remember. Just jump forward and...whack.

If you happen to connect with full hop Dair, I imagine they can DI back onto the stage, though I have not tried it myself. Not to mention they have ample time to avoid it...

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I think it's 35:65, but I wouldn't be surprised if my mind sways to 40:60 =(
At least if I could understand if there were reasons other than you can't hit his shield with fair.
I was going to say how about you can't hit his shield at all but ryko already did :(

Well, can't you do it? You were the one who discovered it lol
I just think of it as an IC CG, except it's with Ike on one matchup.
Actually i think yagamilight was the one who found it during that one week he stopped obsessing over quick draw.

If you grab them out of there second jump can't you just grab release shield grab them? I remember people said this before the pivot infinite was found.

pretty much everyone said the infinite is useless cause of how hard it is but i think what really makes it suck is that a lot of tourny players can break out in 1 pummel before 100% so that kind of just leaves it for being used when you can already kill them with an Ftilt.

The only time i bothered with it was when i got a grab at 120% and my utilt was stale so i took them to 150% then after that i realized i had 2 other kill moves i could use.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Ike doesnt have true combos, jab 1 to jab 1 isnt a true combo if the opponent is floaty. Jab 1-2-3 isnt a combo to MOST characters if they just DI down and away (marth isnt even particularly heavy in any way and he can DI the jab string down and power shield the third hit) and jab to grab is sure as **** not a real combo either >_>

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Holy ****, you guys actually voted for the extra event in the Dallas tourney?

Whatever. Don't ask, don't tell.

I just hope they don't notice all the names they've never seen before.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Bored, I thought of something amazing you haven't done yet amidst all your cheating. Counter a Klap Trap and kill the opponent with the hit from counter.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Oh wow. I am mistaken, though I don't know who Rylix is, the name seems bad *** enough. :)

I know Ryko told me a while back that he beat a good olimar in tourney by mixing up his approaches with air dodges, spot dodging and etc. Maybe it is hard to get used to as an olimar.
Olimar is Ike's worst MU, isn't it? I have like no experience against Olimars. I've only played Weruop, but I don't think there are any Olimars better than him... at least from what I know.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
On paper olimar is ike's worst matchup. In practice, it's metakniiiiiiiiight*

* The opinions expressed above are only those of the poster and do not speak for other ikes or smashboards.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
He actually does. I asked him right after the set ended and he said he has Ike experience against Rylix, an Ike in New England.

Rylix isn't that good, so I wouldn't say he has Ike experience if it's only vs Rylix.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Bairing after the release is guaranteed, remember. Just jump forward and...whack.
How would you hit with the BAir? Would you buffer a turn during the grab release and then jump+BAir, jump forward immediately and hit with a reverse BAir, or double jump past him and BAir?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
On paper olimar is ike's worst matchup. In practice, it's metakniiiiiiiiight*

* The opinions expressed above are only those of the poster and do not speak for other ikes or smashboards.
It's not just you. I'm right with you there.

How would you hit with the BAir? Would you buffer a turn during the grab release and then jump+BAir, jump forward immediately and hit with a reverse BAir, or double jump past him and BAir?
You can jump forward without turning and hit him. I usually catch him with the part of the hotbox that goes in front of Ike.
You can also reverse the Bair if you'd like. It works. And I'm pretty sure Arturo does some dumb thing where he runs under Wario and then jumps and Bairs, but I have no idea why, lol. I'd be way too scared to miss the timing.
Pretty much, think of a way to use Bair quickly on Wario. It works.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I remember seeing a thread about Ike's guaranteed grab releases(pretty old thread) and I saw usmash after grab release on Wario is possible O_o
Is that right or no?

Also, Palpi, I won't be able to go to Kosha Boy -.-

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
From my personal experience, there's really nothing you can do, so I try to focus more on what NOT to do, like Quick Draw, and being anywhere near the guy for any longer than a jab's time.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
whats better for spiking, dtilt, or dair?
Situational. If you can read that your opponent is hanging on the edge a bit too long to where his invincible frames go away, or if he has a recover of some sorts (DDD) that make him viable to the D-tilt use it. Another chance to use it is the classic jab the person off the edge, to d-tilt.

D-air is all about reading the opponent, and when the opponent is below the stage. Be sure to read air dodges if you are going for a spike off stage.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Stalling with Ike.
lol'd

If the Olimar(who can camp good and has the best grab) player is accusing you of stalling, something is very wrong.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
It's not just you. I'm right with you there.

You can jump forward without turning and hit him. I usually catch him with the part of the hotbox that goes in front of Ike.
You can also reverse the Bair if you'd like. It works. And I'm pretty sure Arturo does some dumb thing where he runs under Wario and then jumps and Bairs, but I have no idea why, lol. I'd be way too scared to miss the timing.
Pretty much, think of a way to use Bair quickly on Wario. It works.
its cause i'm better than you :) I actually do it to hit them off the stage because Ike's Utilt should be DIed in the direction of Ike's back which usually makes it so that Bair sends them strait to a KO

I'm really getting back into ike i think i used him more than snake this week and i'm using him on at least 1 counter pick in my next serious tourney sets here in el paso.

Also your all dumb if olimar isn't ike's worst match up then that olimar is just toying with you. I actually think that would probably be it because MK toying > olimar toying seeing as mk can just spam aerial up Bs and then dairs to win lol

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
It's arguing about 2 matchups that are deemed unwinnable one wya or another. Either way which can potentially **** ike more doesnt really hinge on much

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Anyone on who doesn't mind facing an MK on lulzwifi?

I'm going to a free tournament today with a bunch of people who I usually Brawl with (silly UTSA, thinking tournaments with entrance fee = gambling), but I plan on CPing with MK if I lose my first match with Ike. Just to shake things up and see how far I can get.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Sure, I don't mind. I need a break from homework.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Odang, I forgot you don't have AIM. still on?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Sorry to make you wait like 20 minutes -__-

GGs though. I learned a couple new things Ike could do on some levels like japes, too.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Sorry to make you wait like 20 minutes -__-

GGs though. I learned a couple new things Ike could do on some levels like japes, too.
So I found out. ;_;

Ow.

Oh, and my MK sucks. Badly. Me thinks I'll stick to Ike...

And lol, Falcon VS MK is hopeless. I almost had your Pikachu, but no you had to do another 3HKO wonder with thunder. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom