• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Hmm....I'm interested.
But how would the stats be evaluated? By other members?
Yea of course, stats will be based on other people's opinions, kinda like how the voting went for the SWF Low Tier representation. Someone can make a good point about someone's play in particular and we will acknowledge a percentage level of how good that person is in that area.

So I would say that because Kirk is fundamentally sound in all areas, his statistics should be balanced for the most part.

Heck, some statistics may weigh more than others. Perfect example would be to debate on whether a person's reading ability is more valuable than his overall skills on offense and defense.

And then, we could fit it into a simple math equation, and you get a person's "Overall" rating.

Should be fun.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
well i won my next round :laugh:

against a falcon

lawl i kept on underestimating the range of his utilt =.=
cost me a few stocks lol

and i footstooled him on delfino 0% as the stage was rising for a 2 stock=/

hehelawl :smash:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Utilt is the closest thing to a fast, safe KOing move Falcon has. Never underestimate it. :D

If you want, I could give you some practice rounds against Falcon over wifi tomorrow. I know you probably won't face another Falcon, but that's the only character I can use over wifi, and I feel like Brawling a bit. >_>

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I'm liking the stats idea thing (what should we call it?). Kind of reminds me of Madden NFL and how they give ratings to all the players, and sometimes they're legit while other times they're just stupid and based on popular belief... like Larry Fitzgerald being the highest rated receiver in Madden 2010... WTF, he loses one Superbowl and suddenly he's better than everyone else?

Enough of my ranting. I think we should do it. Also, awesome Penta, keep it up! IKE DITTOS IN GRAND FINALS GUIZE!!!

:034:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Hey guys, I've decided to text updates on what the Ike players will be doing during Hobo. If you think you won't be able to watch the stream (which will only be used for mm, friendlies, and finals), PM me your number and I will keep you updated. Also, if you need any other kind of update, like who's in and who's out, I'll do that too.

Ike players attending Hobo:

Bored, Brett, A_B, Inui, Lee Martin

Me and Brett will be using Ike for sure in Singles, and I think the rest will also use Ike in any low tier events.

EDIT: Xyro is debating on whether if he should let people do their tourny matches on live stream or not. It might cause a slow down in the overall tournament progress, since more people will most likely want to play on the live stream.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Utilt is the closest thing to a fast, safe KOing move Falcon has. Never underestimate it. :D

If you want, I could give you some practice rounds against Falcon over wifi tomorrow. I know you probably won't face another Falcon, but that's the only character I can use over wifi, and I feel like Brawling a bit. >_>
thanks but i can barely play since school started ;_;

i'm pretty sure i won't be getting caught by it again lol

i face a boozer next round!

give meh some tips kirk !D:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
thanks but i can barely play since school started ;_;

i'm pretty sure i won't be getting caught by it again lol

i face a boozer next round!

give meh some tips kirk !D:
*!*

I also use Bowser. :D

Watch out for the klaw hopping if he can get that to work well over wifi.

Firebreath to your aether sucks.

Don't get grabbed.

Space like mad.

Can I wifi you to show you? :bee:

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Believe it or not, Bowser is actually pretty difficult for Ike. If you hit Bowser's shield at any moment, try to back off. His OOS Whirling Fortress *****, especially if he uses it to retreat. Space yourself with Fair and like Nidtendo said, watch the infinite Koopa Klaw. It has deceptive range so use like Utilt, Ftilt, or Retreating Fair/Nair to counter it.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I played AK's bowser in a low tier tourney and won 2-1 it was pretty hard. You have to make your approaches very intelligent. Like kimchi said any time you hit his shield you will get up-b'd. If you jab his shield your best bet is to roll away if you have time. Since he is heavy, jab cancelling works pretty well (especially on wifi) and b-air is a great aerial if spaced well since it out cancel he can't up b punish it.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Believe it or not, Bowser is actually pretty difficult for Ike. If you hit Bowser's shield at any moment, try to back off. His OOS Whirling Fortress *****, especially if he uses it to retreat. Space yourself with Fair and like Nidtendo said, watch the infinite Koopa Klaw. It has deceptive range so use like Utilt, Ftilt, or Retreating Fair/Nair to counter it.

*!*

I also use Bowser. :D

Watch out for the klaw hopping if he can get that to work well over wifi.

Firebreath to your aether sucks.

Don't get grabbed.

Space like mad.

Can I wifi you to show you? :bee:
thanks guys,i'll be more aware of that klaw hopping now
i think i got this down tho xD,hopefully

Rorar

Smash Rookie
Hey guys finally got my wii back and I have two questions.

1. I want to find more use for dsmash any ideas or I shouldnt use it?

2. I dont know if this is breaking or if Im in the wrong section but i would like to have my Ike critique but i dont have any recording devices so would someone kindly play me and record it and post it I would be really grateful and just tell me if Im in the wrong section or breaking any rules I will edit asap. Thanks again guys for all your help in the past I feel that my ike really improved b/c of you :D

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Well, this is the Q&A thread and you're asking questions in the right place.

1) Dsmash does not exist, rule of the Ike mains. Don't think about it at all.

2) There's a video critique thread in the stickied threads here, like right below this thread.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Not sure about Brett, but I depart at 10-11 pm. So if anyone wants to PM me their phone number for mass updates, today is the last day.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I leave mid-afternoon and expect to show up around... 8, maybe. Maybe later.

But yeah, ^ what he said. Get to it.
I have Arturo's number and that's only because I already had it. =P

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I leave mid-afternoon and expect to show up around... 8, maybe. Maybe later.

But yeah, ^ what he said. Get to it.
I have Arturo's number and that's only because I already had it. =P
Remember to call the couch. I'm coming prepared this time around.

And A_B is coming so yea...the 3 Ikes...except one doesn't main him that much or something like that so it's more like 2.33...Penta...get yo *** down here...you're the other .67

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Whoever said that, don't listen to them. :o

Aether doesn't stage spike, as it sends people straight down. Weak spike, at best.
Well. The very first hit (tossing Ragnell up) can stage spike in silly situations... you have to be very close to the lip and it cannot be a slanted edge. I've seen it happen on Lylat and FD a few times. And Green Greens, actually.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Well. The very first hit (tossing Ragnell up) can stage spike in silly situations... you have to be very close to the lip and it cannot be a slanted edge. I've seen it happen on Lylat and FD a few times. And Green Greens, actually.
I suppose that is true...though I don't know of many people who would go and challenge Aether at that point in time...or Ike players who would attempt to use that as an offensive option offstage...

But yeah, I forgot about that first hit.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I used to stage spike my brother's Falco a lot with Aether on FD until he just stopped trying to follow me off-stage. He'd jump off and try to spike me or something, and then while he was charging his upB I'd get him with the Aether stage spike. But yah, it's not something that will happen often at all, and it will never happen by intent, only by chance or your opponent's failure.

:034:

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
well i won my match against bowser somehow....lol

we were on game 3 lylat and i was 130ish % and he was still 0

and he went for an edgehog and i guess he was on there too long >_>
and my aether stage spiked him lol

yea >_>,

anyway

yay:smash:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
well i won my match against bowser somehow....lol

we were on game 3 lylat and i was 130ish % and he was still 0

and he went for an edgehog and i guess he on there too along >_>
and my aether stage spiked him lol

yea >_>,

anyway

yay:smash:
I bet he's kicking himself right now. lol

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Penta, who do you face next? If it's another Bowser, you're good as dead lol.
lawl ;_;
why?i think i handled myself pretty well lol

1rst match,was really close,he won
2nd,i beat him with 1 stock 0% on delfino
3rd,i had a 80% lead until he bowsercided and evened itxD

then it kinda well downhill from there :V

anyway i either face willz or san next;/

i think this is as far as ima make it

Palpi

Smash Hero
Good zoning. Nothing mario can't do out ranges you apart from his fireballs. Stay fairly close to him, but well spaced so you can outrange his aerials or ground attacks and be too close for fireballs to be effective, without risk.

Try to SDI his jab up and away. I played cloudfox and he would do some jab cancels into a dsmash for kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom