• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Nah, I'm not the best Ike. I mean, San recently won a tourny too if I recall. Here's my order.

1. San (Because he's a monster)
2. Kirk (Because he has the results)
3. Ren (Because he does work vs good players)
4. Bored (Because he's awesome)
did you forget that its texas > ec now?

Yah san won but it wasn't a hobo. This had national top players if you don't remember. You won't win in regular singles at a regional but i'm pretty sure you can win a local tournament if like by some weird *** incident no one in texas travels but almost everyone does to everything :laugh:

I actually think you are the first low tier main to win a low tier event except for maybe espy.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Kim, you really need to go to more tournaments and rep that EC Ike.
I can't -.- I'm getting there but the progress is slow..VERY slow >_>

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Guys, in other news, studying my *** off is getting boring. I want to go to No Koast! (if I had the money and persuasion skills to do it.) :(
:025:
Just bend the truth. Tell your parents it's going to be a gathering of some top azn students. I can photoshop some elegant letter.

Me: Pre-Med Psych student
Kimchi: Azn guy
Metroid: Azn guy who plays piano
Red-X: He's not red.
Penta: Cause he follows Bored everywhere he goes. Yea...I saw you at HOBO. I noticed you...noticing me (Insert Akon Music)

And no Kimchi...after tasting that Kimchi noodles...you are not awesome at all...you're just...a noodle.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Bored, kimchi is a korean spice lol
And I always wear some kind of red to tournaments >.>

Also, my result from yesterday's tourney, I got 17th out of 39 -_-
Still sticking to Ike only e__e

theeboredone

Smash Legend
And I always wear some kind of red to tournaments >.>
Really? Oh well, those Kimchi noodles sucked.

did you forget that its texas > ec now?

Yah san won but it wasn't a hobo. This had national top players if you don't remember. You won't win in regular singles at a regional but i'm pretty sure you can win a local tournament if like by some weird *** incident no one in texas travels but almost everyone does to everything :laugh:

I actually think you are the first low tier main to win a low tier event except for maybe espy.
Eh...still...it's only one Low Tier tourny. I remember you saying that I had to get consistent results to prove myself. So maybe after a few more wins.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Just bend the truth. Tell your parents it's going to be a gathering of some top azn students. I can photoshop some elegant letter.

Me: Pre-Med Psych student
Kimchi: Azn guy
Metroid: Azn guy who plays piano
Red-X: He's not red.
Penta: Cause he follows Bored everywhere he goes. Yea...I saw you at HOBO. I noticed you...noticing me (Insert Akon Music)

And no Kimchi...after tasting that Kimchi noodles...you are not awesome at all...you're just...a noodle.
Bored is always... boring. I mean how bored can you get to see a name titled theeboredone. That's just so **** boring!
LOL @ the letter.
-RedX- said:
Fool! Kimchi is Korean spicy cabbage!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Bored is always... boring. I mean how bored can you get to see a name titled theeboredone. That's just so **** boring!
LOL @ the letter.

Fool! Kimchi is Korean spicy cabbage!
If Bored is so boring...why do people think he's so awesome?

For some reason, I feel like running into the Samus Thread and makin a post sayin "70-30 my ***"

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
so i guess he sees me as some sort of bored fanboy now ;_;
double lawl

though i do wish i had a fraction of your confidence to be repping ike in tournies ;_;

or kimchi!

i need some of your asianess..ess!....lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
People were saying who's Bored? Some people were like I want LeeMartin to win! And then when you landed a Fsmash kill, people were like LOLOL, LeeM got Fsmashed LMFAO.
Yea well I got Falcon Punched twice...second one I tried to counter but failed hard core. He also had that nice combo gimp on me at the start of PS1. But then I got him back with uh...one was an Aethercide and the eruption.

so i guess he sees me as some sort of bored fanboy now ;_;
double lawl

though i do wish i had a fraction of your confidence to be repping ike in tournies ;_;

or kimchi!

i need some of your asianessess!....lol

In all honesty Penta, it's not a matter of confidence, more like logic. I play this game at a competitive level to win, but I don't play at a serious enough level to try and win the big ones. While I do use Snake in friendlies and have gotten better, I don't feel serious enough about it to go drop Ike so I can use him just because it will improve my chances of winning it all. With that being said, it's a combination of lazyness to not get better with Snake, enjoying the challenge with Ike, and just not caring enough to win. In the end, it's just a game, and it's all about having fun.

Though you could make the analogy about this. Which would you rather have? Ike, which takes more skill and is not noob friendly at the tourny scene? Or MK, who's a noob character, and with good skill you can place really high. Compare that to say..which would you rather be? A guy who studies hard to get his grades or a guy who is a natural genius and doesn't have to do as much.

Or another comparison. Which kinda awesome would you want to be? The Kimchi kind? The one that has to try hard by studying the ways of awesome and learn how to be awesome? Or me, whatever I do is awesome. I could be a total **** and be awesome. I could be nice and be awesome. I could hit on a hot chick, get rejected, and be awesome.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Bored is legit. We played some friendlies before the tournament started and he ***** me the first game with jab > jab > dtilt spike

Next time i play him im going to play 10 meters away from the wii because appartly i do better that way and was aboutto win until phoenix alpha blocked my vision

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
im curious as to what bored looks like now
maybe his looks are as good as his ike
(yes homo)

LOL

jk:p

i'm mistaken to be indian or asian alot >.>

*looks at redx*

-RedX-

Smash Lord
On a scale of 1-10, I'd consider myself over 9000.
And sthu Penta, you looked asian to me >.> and my friend thinks you're asian too lmao

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ok so i played Burritto and Brettster and bored.

Burrito i did a MM with on live stream. I won. Hes **** good in low tier teams.

Brettster is STILL a good ike and he learns quick IMO

As for Bored, i expected him to be absolute trash but he is actually astounding. If i remember correctly he 3-0ed me. By far the best ike in tx. Better than the NON main pros like lee martin and inui. He won fair and square, no johns about it. GOOD JOB, Bored!!!

metroid1117

Smash Master
Fool! All Asians should love Kimchi. Oh and metroid, if you're lurking, which I know you are, could you play this on piano?
Kimchi is too spicy for me, haha.

About A Thousand Miles... in terms of note pattern, it doesn't seem too complex; if I had enough time, I could learn it. I can play this song pretty well (couple of mess-ups, but for the most part without breaks).

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Kimchi is too spicy for me, haha.

About A Thousand Miles... in terms of note pattern, it doesn't seem too complex; if I had enough time, I could learn it. I can play this song pretty well (couple of mess-ups, but for the most part without breaks).
Dammit Metroid, I read "Thousand Miles" and you had me hyping for the song by Vanessa Carlton. Oh well.

Ok so i played Burritto and Brettster and bored.

Burrito i did a MM with on live stream. I won. Hes **** good in low tier teams.

Brettster is STILL good ike and he learns quick IMO

As for Bored, i expected him to be absolute trash but he is actually astounding. If i remember correctly he 3-0ed me. By far the best ike in tx. Better than the NON main pros like lee martin and inui. He won fair and square, no johns about it. GOOD JOB, Bored!!!
Thanks Xyro, but dang...you really thought I was a scrub initially? You should have known from my awesome posts saying how awesome I was that I would be awesome.

Seriously though, I was pretty motivated and in the zone when I played you. I think that was a big factor in the 3-0 win. Heck, you're the first Samus I've ever played so I figured with no experience in that match up, it would be really tough. The spike in the first match helped a lot given the fact that I was gonna lose the match. Finally, I think you got frustrated as the set went on, which made you a bit more predictable and stale, which in turn, made it easier for me. It's happened to me before, which leads to my opponents kicking my butt pretty bad. You're still a great Samus.

I still think it's a 60-40 in Samus' favor.

Xyro77

yea i was getting a bit mad cause certain stuff killed me that really shouldnt have. Ive teamed with inui's ike, beat slaps ,beat brettsters, beat mr dooms, beat burritos and they all were considered better than you at the time so i figured you were not gonna be much of abig deal.

No johns, you won and yea its still 60-40 in samus favor but u taught me stuff ive never seen ike do before(jab jab up tilt) so im actually glad i fought you. You are the BEST ike in tx. again, great job

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
None of us (other than Arturo) have ever been considered better than Bored. He just doesn't really travel, so you hadn't heard much of him. And I used Jab-Utilt on you, I'm pretty sure. What's even better is Jab-pivot Bair. Love that one.

Thanks for the compliments, by the way, Xyro. I'm glad I got to play you when I WASN'T about to go into a coma. Your matches were strangely fun and I'd like to play again next time we meet (especially since you're the only Samus I've played (and why not learn the match-up with such a good player?)). BTW, was my counter-pick to Brinstar a good idea?

Edit: Metroid. White vs Asian. PIANO MONEY MATCH. Forget that I'm a piano student at the University of North Texas. That's not important.

Kirk

Smash Champion
EDIT: 3 more rounds to win and I'm in Grand Finals. I have to play a Ganon next for the tournament, and I honestly don't know what to expect. I have never played a good Ganon in my life, lol. Kirk, do you have any tips for me?
:025:
Don't be stupid.

Play it safe.

Fear the Uair.

Counterpick Rainbow Cruise.

Jab.

Don't get Warlock Punched.

Flamechoke > Jab > Wizkick >Wizkick ledge cancel > Wizkick spike is the sexiest way to experience death in the history of ever.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Edit: Metroid. White vs Asian. PIANO MONEY MATCH. Forget that I'm a piano student at the University of North Texas. That's not important.
No thanks :laugh:.

By the way... did you look at the sheet music for that song? The interesting thing is that at 0:32 (after the buildup), it changes key so that all the notes are a half step lower; did you pick that out when you first listened to it? I never knew it was there until I saw the sheet music.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I played kosk & other banons a bit, but that was online. All the ganon's I've played offline were all mid-level, though.

To go along with what kirk said, against ganon, you don't need to worry about dodging or anything like that. Just keep yourself spaced. Once ganon sees a dodge, he'll be all over it like nothing else, especially a ganon that has gotten as far as you in the tourney. (aka play it safe/don't be stupid)

I agree with kirk- watch out for uair. even if you get hit by it, don't get caught up in the moment and get predicted.

Ganons like to recover low, so if you can get a walk off spike, that'd be awesome. And there's not much ganon can do to gimp you easily offstage (at least as far as I know :( )

Good luck

Xyro77

Thanks for the compliments, by the way, Xyro. I'm glad I got to play you when I WASN'T about to go into a coma. Your matches were strangely fun and I'd like to play again next time we meet (especially since you're the only Samus I've played (and why not learn the match-up with such a good player?)). BTW, was my counter-pick to Brinstar a good idea?
Yea brinstar was a good pick. Not only am i not good at that stage, its not a good level for samus. So yea, thats a good pick.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Brinstar is such a good stage for Ike for most of the cast. I almost always CP unless it's a select few characters.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Kimchi, watch out for Ganon's up-smash. It has very little cool down time, and they like to bait you with that with a follow up of any sorts (jab, f-tilt, forward + B). Usually it's jab though...so if you run at ganon after he does an up-smash, prepare to shield or spot dodge.

Kirk

Smash Champion
To go along with what kirk said, against ganon, you don't need to worry about dodging or anything like that. Just keep yourself spaced. Once ganon sees a dodge, he'll be all over it like nothing else, especially a ganon that has gotten as far as you in the tourney. (aka play it safe/don't be stupid)

I agree with kirk- watch out for uair. even if you get hit by it, don't get caught up in the moment and get predicted.

Ganons like to recover low, so if you can get a walk off spike, that'd be awesome. And there's not much ganon can do to gimp you easily offstage (at least as far as I know :( )

Good luck
Pretty much. Properly timed walk-off Dairs/Fairs work wonders here. Just make sure you know they'll be recovering low before you commit.

As for gimping, reverse Uairs ****. Dair-ing or Wizkicking Aether...there's a few things that can be done, but not much to worry about since it's wifi.

Brinstar is such a good stage for Ike for most of the cast. I almost always CP unless it's a select few characters.
I can't seem to learn Brinstar. I lose everytime I play on that stage. :/
Kimchi, watch out for Ganon's up-smash. It has very little cool down time, and they like to bait you with that with a follow up of any sorts (jab, f-tilt, forward + B). Usually it's jab though...so if you run at ganon after he does an up-smash, prepare to shield or spot dodge.
Better Idea-Don't approach. If you shield/dodge after the usmash, that's asking for a Flame choke. The two ganon's I played(Swoops and IJosh) mainly used SH Dairs as a form of baiting. I don't think I saw any Usmashes, but its still good to know, regardless.

Flamechoke > Jab > Wizkick >Wizkick ledge cancel > Wizkick spike is the sexiest way to experience death in the history of ever.
This.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Let me summarize this for you, IlovekimchixD. To beat a Ganon who knows what he's doing, you'll have to make no mistakes, no mistakes as in absolutely NO mistakes. If you can do that, you pretty much won the match.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Let me summarize this for you, IlovekimchixD. To beat a Ganon who knows what he's doing, you'll have to make no mistakes, no mistakes as in absolutely NO mistakes. If you can do that, you pretty much won the match.
It also goes the other way when facing Ike.

So Ike VS Ganondorf = a staring contest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom