• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
lol why the only other Ike you should be playing is niddo and you don't need counter picks for him =P

Hey! Thats uncalled for. I just need to shake out my wifi reaction time......

Might as well ask here: I have a $5 MM against Greyfox, best 2/3. What's a good CP against Zelda besides Pirate Ship, and what is he likely to CP against me? I like to know all of my options, and the stage part of Zelda's match-up is kinda meh. Cornera would help Zelda more I would think due to her lightning kicks.....

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
CP Delfino, that Ike player i was talking about ***** the hell outta greyfox on that stage last night lmao

He will CP Falco against you, stage wise idk

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Falco?

Crap crap crap crap crap crap crap. Probably Japes as well......Falco likes that stage, Ike hates it.

However, I was considering Delfino as well, if anything I was imagining it would be not as easy for teleport to grab the ledge as some stages....

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
unlike tournament matches, money matches can have set rules that aren't normal tourney conditions. Such as set characters, stages, items, etc... (I had a items MM lol)

•Col•

Smash Champion
unlike tournament matches, money matches can have set rules that aren't normal tourney conditions. Such as set characters, stages, items, etc... (I had a items MM lol)
I want to have a MM against someone with a particular set of rules......

No Pikmin. Olimar only. Final Destination.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Why not hit the control stick the direction you want to turn and Jump and then fastfall at the right time. Or is Ike's starting animation for his dash too long?
That doesn't make any ****ing sense. You wouldn't even be close enough to grabbing him.

Let alone the fact that turning, jumping, falling, dashing, then grabbing would take 4-5 times longer. ._.

metroid1117

Smash Master
In case anyone cares:

--Eruption has 5 frames of Super Armor - frames 24-29(hits on 30).

--Quick Draw charges to full on frame 87(Ping!). Total charge time is ~70 frames.

--Aether has 20 frames of Super Armor - frames 19-38(hits on 18).

--Counter lasts for 59 frames total. The activation window is from frames 11-33(23 frames). Ike is invincible from frames 1-6 after the counter activation(does not include the 16 frames of hitlag after being attacked). The retaliation strike hits on frame 4 after counter activation.
I care very much, thanks for posting this. Are there any visual cues for the SAF frames on Eruption and Aether? (What is Ike doing on those specific frames or what sound is he making?)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ussi, it was nice meeting you at CoT4, nice seeing you again Ryko.

Where were you the 2nd day Ussi???
I didn't go on Sunday. I stayed home trying to study... ended up reading manga all day >_>

I watched 2 sets of Ryko in doubles friendlies. I also played a team after he lost to them. (However Ryko suicided in both rounds). I managed to win one round in the set with my replacement doubles partner xD (Who isn't my real partner anyways)

Ryko saw me using Pikachu however against Pride and Ace (Double Yoshi team lol)

RYKO! we have to go a double Ike team!

Kirk

Smash Champion
I care very much, thanks for posting this. Are there any visual cues for the SAF frames on Eruption and Aether? (What is Ike doing on those specific frames or what sound is he making?)
Eruption(uncharged): [SAF = 24-29]

Frame 20: Sword starts to glow.
Frame 21: HUGH! (Ike grunts)
Frames 22-28: Ike is arched backwards.
Frame 29: Sword is just above the ground/Ike bent over.
Frame 30: Hitbox starts(BIG *** Flame).
etc...

Aether: [SAF = 19-38]

Frame 18: Hitbox starts / Sword out of hand.
Frames 19-39: Sword in air / Ike on ground.
Frames 40-42: Ike is airborne.
Frame 43: Ike catches sword in hand.
etc...

Nyah~

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
i charged my fsmash ( was kirby) at a ledge and the Ike did Aether and i caught him (like perfect timing) he didnt even grab is sword back he just went flying lol. What frame would that be? cause i thought he had super armor?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
IT loses his super armor when he jumps after his sword he just said it lol.

Any chance you can test eruptions spike? it would be awesome if its the best in the game.
I haven't tested it yet, but from the handful of times I've gotten it midmatch, it only works on a grounded opponent and even then is a pretty weak spike. It will be interesting to know later if it combos into anything though.

•Col•

Smash Champion
wait whaat??? eruption spikes??? how???
It's like nearly impossible to do on purpose as of right now, so don't even worry about it.

But anyway... It spikes at the VERY tip of the blade whenever Ike thrusts the Ragnell downwards.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Eruption(uncharged): [SAF = 24-29]

Frame 20: Sword starts to glow.
Frame 21: HUGH! (Ike grunts)
Frames 22-28: Ike is arched backwards.
Frame 29: Sword is just above the ground/Ike bent over.
Frame 30: Hitbox starts(BIG *** Flame).
etc...

Aether: [SAF = 19-38]

Frame 18: Hitbox starts / Sword out of hand.
Frames 19-39: Sword in air / Ike on ground.
Frames 40-42: Ike is airborne.
Frame 43: Ike catches sword in hand.
etc...

Nyah~
Thanks a lot :). Sort of disappointing to know that Ike doesn't have SAF the whole time he's arched backwards though.

Arturito_Burrito said:
with the debug hack it shouldn't be to hard to do it.
I was playing my brother at PS1; it was the Fire Stage and I was in the tree trying to see if Eruption would hit him while he was hiding in the left side of the tree; I forgot whether it was G&W or Ness, but he was spiked as though he had been in the air and was knocked into the ground. I'm not too sure if that was a stagespike or not, but the main point of the post is that trying to hit people below the left side of the tree at PS1 will give you a good idea of where the spiking hitbox is on Eruption.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I was playing my brother at PS1; it was the Fire Stage and I was in the tree trying to see if Eruption would hit him while he was hiding in the left side of the tree; I forgot whether it was G&W or Ness, but he was spiked as though he had been in the air and was knocked into the ground. I'm not too sure if that was a stagespike or not, but the main point of the post is that trying to hit people below the left side of the tree at PS1 will give you a good idea of where the spiking hitbox is on Eruption.
Doesn't a spike on a grounded opponent just send them straight up into the air anyways? o-o I don't understand how you'd be able to test where the spike is on Eruption by using that method.

comboking

Smash Master
Yes they would fly up. But correct me if I'm wrong. If you hit them with a normal Eruption they will fly sort of diagonally. Unless when I use it my opponent's DI in a weird way or I don't pay enough attention plus I haven't played in a Month

metroid1117

Smash Master
Doesn't a spike on a grounded opponent just send them straight up into the air anyways? o-o I don't understand how you'd be able to test where the spike is on Eruption by using that method.
If they're consistently spiked at that part on PS1, then you can say that the spiking hitbox is roughly the width of the tree at PS1. If my brother was grounded, then it probably would've shot him off to the side (since he would rebound off the tree), but if he was in the air, he would just be knocked straight into the ground.

comboking said:
Yes they would fly up. But correct me if I'm wrong. If you hit them with a normal Eruption they will fly sort of diagonally. Unless when I use it my opponent's DI in a weird way or I don't pay enough attention plus I haven't played in a Month
If I recall correctly from my killing % tests, an Eruption with no DI on it will cause the opponent to go straight up or only slightly diagonal (like 80 degrees or something).

comboking

Smash Master

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I can see how aspiring to play like any of the good ikes did half a year ago would be a step up for you, but nothing in those vids were particularly impressive. If people didn't DI we could get away with murder.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I can see how aspiring to play like any of the good ikes did half a year ago would be a step up for you, but nothing in those vids were particularly impressive. If people didn't DI we could get away with murder.
I actually liked the first kill in the first video. But after seeing all of them, Japan looks to be behind the U.S. is Smash metagame.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
ryko did that first kill 6 months ago and it is very easily avoidable. This marth that is starting to play with us who used to be really good in melee and wrecked new mexico alone for 8 years SDIed Ike's jab combo (the normal AAA no cancels) so that he would end up above me, if Ike's jab wasn't so awesome he could have owned me with a tipped bair. He could have done the same to that Ike probably.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Omfg ... I Played M2k This Weekend ... It Was ********

I Couldn't Hit Him ... Like ... Other Then Jab ... Its ******** Lol

Ike Blows Yo

Lol Fun In Doubles But Wow In Singles Its Like Picking Pichu I Swear

Alukard

Smash Hero
ok yea ... i went to far with pichu ... but **** jason is sooo beast in brawl ... he is literally leagues ahead of everyone!

Wyvern-x

Smash Apprentice
M2K destroyed my Ike as well. I didn't take a stock from him both matches. I almost landed an unexpected aether drag kill him and baired him as he was starting the tornado once so that felt good.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Ike is more like Melee Ganondorf if he's like anyone. Faster than you'd expect for his very high power, mediocre recovery, more combos than you'd think. Some troublesome matches against the higher tier characters, but still solid overall match-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom