• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I've got some videos against some really good Sonics, and some vids against Wario and Ness too, since you guys are in need of them.
Only problem is they need to be uploaded, if anyone wants to check them out and help out the Ike matchups I'll be happy to send them your way, just PM me. My Ike is very good (better than in my current vids, those things are old as dirt) and should demonstrate well how to take certain fights, especially the Sonic fights.
Anyways, no sympathy and all that great Ike mayhem.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Lol, nice matches Ryko. You messed up a lot of times where you could've punished NL in the first match though. D:

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I'm excited for a tournament that is 3 months from now and frustrated that the only place I can host tournaments here is my house because store owners are to worried about pokemon customers...

Hows life on your end though its been a while.

Alukard

Smash Hero
I'm excited for a tournament that is 3 months from now and frustrated that the only place I can host tournaments here is my house because store owners are to worried about pokemon customers...

Hows life on your end though its been a while.
o shnap pokemon customers ... i play the tcg .. there big $$ in that believe it or not lol ... also i see ur from texas they have a big attendance for the regional tournaments so i can see the manager choosing over the brawl peeps

but yea i'm alright ... i'm going to start playing again =D

i just wanted to say wats up to my ike bro's ^_^ ... i am going to start hosting brawl tournies soon so yea ... i need to kno any cool new AT's or anything to beat the usual gay tiers lol

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
o shnap pokemon customers ... i play the tcg .. there big $$ in that believe it or not lol ... also i see ur from texas they have a big attendance for the regional tournaments so i can see the manager choosing over the brawl peeps

i just wanted to say wats up to my ike bro's ^_^ ... i am going to start hosting brawl tournies soon so yea ... i need to kno any cool new AT's or anything to beat the usual gay tiers lol
Well, Ike has a super glide toss now.

Just do a Dash Attack Cancelled Up Smash while holding an item, pretty much.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master

meh its not the same in my city. El paso is like 5 hours away from the next city that has a population of more than 10,000.

Pretty sure it wasn't big bucks because he said he usually gets 30-40 people joining and he only charges 5$ per person. It's just a small local thing here.

While for us 40 is actually a low turn out and he could charge just as much for the fee.

Alukard

Smash Hero
meh its not the same in my city. El paso is like 5 hours away from the next city that has a population of more than 10,000.

Pretty sure it wasn't big bucks because he said he usually gets 30-40 people joining and he only charges 5$ per person. It's just a small local thing here.

While for us 40 is actually a low turn out and he could charge just as much for the fee.
well i mean i'm guessing its a card shop then ... so he sells his merchandise/get sponsorship too ... gotta look at it thru the buisness perspective too ... but i feel ur pain =[

anywho ... are u going to genisis ??? also is mah n!gguh capt.kirk going too ???

i want to put faces to ur names son

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
well my plans for big tournaments are whobo, ohsnap 5, and then genesis.

Pretty sure I can make it to all 3 as they are well spaced. whobo and ohsnap are a deffinite yes because el paso enjoys traveling to central texas and EP <3 OK. Kirk has talked about going to oh snap too since its about the mid way point between us 13/12 hours I think.

I'm fairly certain I'll make it to genesis simply because someone from central texas is bound to drive trough here so I might just hitch a ride with them. Or my dad might pay for me to go seeing as he lives there and I could spend like a week with him too.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'm not. No job, and they are WAY too far away. Particularly for a new guy like me. XD I might go to Houston during the Summer. It'd have to be a big tournament though......maybe El Paso if there was like, a huge SA VS EP tournament there. But I doubt it.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I wish I had more chances to travel, but that opportunity won't arise for a good number of months. I wish people good luck who're going to CoT4 and other tourneys.

From your posts, I wouldn't be surprised, SaltyKracka.

•Col•

Smash Champion
If anyone hasn't read the other thread, I too am going to Genesis.

I WAS going to go to CoT4, but couldn't get a ride leaving early enough. ;-;

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
I just recently picked up Ike as a secondary and I get gimped a lot. How do you deal with his poor recovery?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
just so you know salty CK is good on wifi. I can see everything he is going to do but do nothing about it.

I don't think you want to get filed in the same category as him do you? Besides I have music hacks so I can't play wifi.

Alukard

Smash Hero
my ike is still beast =]

you guys can ask bum for urself ... he basically wins every nyc event lol

but yea i hope to see mah dudes ussi kirk and burritoz at genisis ... no johns about not going either lol

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
just so you know salty CK is good on wifi. I can see everything he is going to do but do nothing about it.

I don't think you want to get filed in the same category as him do you? Besides I have music hacks so I can't play wifi.
That simply sounds like some BAAAAAD lag. Still, you can always play me. In fact, I'd rather enjoy it.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I just recently picked up Ike as a secondary and I get gimped a lot. How do you deal with his poor recovery?
How are you getting gimped? Are you getting knocked out by an attack or just getting edgehogged at low %?

DI'ing up can help you survive to much higher %s.

If you're high enough, you can use FAir as you're falling to ward off edgeguarders. Eruption works as well, but you have to be REALLY high up and your opponent has to be really greedy to fall for it. Airdodge if you're at stage level.

One of the key things, though, is to mix up your recovery and do what is safe. Some people say to never use Quick Draw, but there are instances where Quick Draw is a viable recovery method (when your opponent is far away from the edge or when your opponent is on the edge and you can go safely above him). The usual way is to come down low and try either grabbing the edge with Aether or landing on the stage to ward off any potential edgehoggers.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Against lucario he can aurasphere and he punished my aether alot so I try to quick draw over him or under the aurasphere since it magnets to the ledge, but it's risky if he's high percents. But yes mixing up is definetely a good thing.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
If the need for quick draw ever arises, please just QD to a platform. If you are in a safe position, it just makes you that much less punishable. Stages with multiple platforms are good for that. Even though it should be used very rarely, it's still a nice recovery option if aethering is getting a little too predictable.

I always fail to see how final destination is a decent stage for Ike. No platforms makes many of his approaches really predictable, and the size+no platforms easily lets him get outcamped. I really can't find too many redeeming qualities of the stage for Ike. Is it really just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom