• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Hey, who else has been invited to this thing? http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218000

I heard he was inviting the best players for every character... So I'm wondering how I got on the invite list, lol.... o.O
o_o... well if he doesn't invite Kirk, Ryko, and Silven he's insane. o_o Just how many of each character is he invite? if i counted right he's inviting 270 people O_O;;... lol well, Good luck Colaya, do us Ikes proud.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Yeah, but..... How... How did I get invited!? ._. I'm not well known, and I'm not some amazing Ike player. I haven't proven myself at all... I have ONE video of my Ike hidden somewhere on these forums, and it wasn't even that good ([3am, worked all day/tired, testing video equipment, friendly, testing to see if stuff worked] /endjohns)

but w/e.... I doubt I could go anyway... -_- And if somehow one of those people didn't get invited, they could just go under my name, I really don't care. It'd be better like that anyway.

However, if I could somehow get there... I'd definitely go all Ike... xD

•Col•

Smash Champion
Nope, no invite.
Because Ike is a terrible character.

Wait that doesn't make sense...

No matter...grats on your invite...you should still be happy you got one lol.

Maryland is so far... :/
Looks like Kirk didn't get an invite either... Oh, just wtf...

EIDT: Anyway... It looks like it isn't an Invite Only tournament... So it's all cool, I guess... Still... Kirk, Ryko, and even Ussi. You all deserved an invite more than me... >_> If it had been invite only, I would've just let one of you take my spot. xD

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Honestly, I'm just done sweating the recognition whatsoever. I'm gonna play to play and if people haven't heard, it just means they're gonna get spiked that much easier.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Well, I was about to make a fuss about it because when I woke up this morning and saw it, I thought the Tournament was Invite Only. xD After looking into it, I see that it isn't, so it doesn't really matter... =P

Still wondering how I was chosen though. He must've just entered the Ike forums and saw me posting around a bit or something.

Honestly, I'm just done sweating the recognition whatsoever. I'm gonna play to play and if people haven't heard, it just means they're gonna get spiked that much easier.
Ohh, you and your spiking... *hands on hips and shakes head* :bee: That's our Ryko!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well it's during my spring break so I can go lol :p

Ehh no one knows of Me beside NJ, Philly, and maybe some of NYC. I see why I got no invite :p

•Col•

Smash Champion
Well it's during my spring break so I can go lol :p

Ehh no one knows of Me beside NJ, Philly, and maybe some of NYC. I see why I got no invite :p
Whoa, we posted at like exactly the same time.... o_o As soon as I clicked "Submit Reply" the page loaded and your post was right under mine.

But uh, that's the thing... Only like... Maybe 20-30 people may know me from around PA because of the tournament I hosted... but even then, I think only like 1-2 people know that I play Ike, unless they frequent the forums a lot... >_> Which is why I was confused when I got an invitation.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Wtf how does that work. Tell us your secret it sounds awesome. A video would be nice
Uh... It's pretty self-explanatory... o-o

It'd be like... Jab cancel, to dtilt spike.... Except instead of doing a dtilt, you walk off the stage and do a dair to spike... <.<

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
If they don't fast fall, they're at ledge level, and you dtilt them...

Technically it works regardless of whether they fast fall or not since if theyre far enough out the dair will hit them regardless since it's not like you're dropping below them, but it's an option that exists when dtilt doesn't work.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I basically asked a friend of mine, hotgarbage, to see if he could get frame advantage data for Ike's throws on Bowser at 0%, just to see what would come up comboability wise. Here's his data:

<HotGarbage> uthrow: -13 if he ads; +5 if he jumps
<HotGarbage> dthrow: +3 if he ad's; + 26 if he jumps
<HotGarbage> bthrow: +18
<HotGarbage> fthrow behaves the same as bthrow; but has a +13 adv

In case you are curious, this frame advantage becomes active from the moment that both characters can act, so this requires use of IASA frames. Bowser's frame is too large to jump and whatnot, so Fthrow and Bthrow place him onto the ground, whereas Up and Down Throw place him into the air, where the frame advantage differs depending on his action..

The general result of all this is:

-Up Throw is useless (:()
-If you read DI and play a guessing game, you can go Dthrow to Bair, Dthrow to Up Air, Dthrow to Nair and Aether (Which hits on frame 18).
- Forward and Back Throws can possibly chaingrab, depending on how far away Bowser is and whatnot.
-Bthrow to Dash attack is a true combo on Bowser at low percents (maybe on more characters, I only asked him to test Bowser).

What I am a bit more interested is whether or not you could possibly do something like:

Fthrow -> Dash -> Crouch Cancel -> Jab -> Grab -> Bthrow -> Dash -> Crouch Cancel -> Jab -> Grab

Repeat until Bowser is out of range. Dash Crouch Cancelled Jabs (DCCJs) I'm pretty sure take less than 13/18 frames to do and if I recall correctly jab 1 gives a 6 frame advantage and Ike's grab comes out on frame 6. Bowser can jump at the frame Ike is grabbing, but he's so big he'll be snagged anyways, no?

-----------------------

On another note Dash CCed Jabs are a pretty good way to approach some characters, throwing it out there.

Opinions?

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
only worked cause u guess he'll firefox there. Jab to dtilt usually on works on average speed fallers.
Yeah, hence my stating that "If they don't fast fall, they're at ledge level, and you dtilt them"...

And I didn't really guess he'd fire fox. He had to fire fox there, I punched him after he had used his second jump and if he had done it any later he'd run the risk of getting edgehogged, hugged -> daired, pretty much anything.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys have a xat chat? I'm trying to make a universal xat room that is tabbed to all individual character xats with each main owner becoming an owner in this room as well.

To do it the main owner has to tab xat.com/Wifi_Room
(Go to "Edit your Chat", type in Wifi_Room, click get, select it, OK)

So far the Link, Mario, Pit, and Pikachu xats are connected.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Yeah, hence my stating that "If they don't fast fall, they're at ledge level, and you dtilt them"...

And I didn't really guess he'd fire fox. He had to fire fox there, I punched him after he had used his second jump and if he had done it any later he'd run the risk of getting edgehogged, hugged -> daired, pretty much anything.
thought u meant manually fast falling. way to get ***** fox....

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Do you guys have a xat chat? I'm trying to make a universal xat room that is tabbed to all individual character xats with each main owner becoming an owner in this room as well.

To do it the main owner has to tab xat.com/Wifi_Room
(Go to "Edit your Chat", type in Wifi_Room, click get, select it, OK)

So far the Link, Mario, Pit, and Pikachu xats are connected.
No we fight for our friends without knowing them through XAT.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Congratulations Kirk.

Out of curiosity, did anyone else see the rather large post I made about Ike's throws? It seems that generated unusually low amounts of "buzz".

Kirk

Smash Champion
@Yagami

1. Frame advantages do not surprise me. The general advantages were already known, just not exact numbers.

2. What do you mean by crouch canceling? To my knowledge this does not exist in Brawl.

3. Jab --> anything other than jab does not combo, given your opponent SDI's correctly and jumps when they are able to. Though that is not to say it can still work under the right circumstances.

4. Ike's standing grab 'grabs' on frame 7, not 6.

5. I'm pretty sure one can't chaingrab with Ike...or followup with a jab or w/e it was you were talking about. Still don't know what this 'crouch canceling' of yours refers to...unless you mean shielding while dashing, then dropping it and following up from there.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
@Yagami

1. Frame advantages do not surprise me. The general advantages were already known, just not exact numbers.

2. What do you mean by crouch canceling? To my knowledge this does not exist in Brawl.

3. Jab --> anything other than jab does not combo, given your opponent SDI's correctly and jumps when they are able to. Though that is not to say it can still work under the right circumstances.

4. Ike's standing grab 'grabs' on frame 7, not 6.

5. I'm pretty sure one can't chaingrab with Ike...or followup with a jab or w/e it was you were talking about. Still don't know what this 'crouch canceling' of yours refers to...unless you mean shielding while dashing, then dropping it and following up from there.
1. Yeah, most of it is fairly obvious from the animations anyways. What's interesting to note is that since hitstun indirectly increases with damage, if Bthrow ever rises past 18 frame advantage that means Bthrow to Fair is guaranteed off a platform or ledge at the right percents. That could lead to easy 30% or so gimps from a grab, no?

2. Poor wording on my part. I simply meant Foxtrotting, crouching and jabbing.

3. Duly noted.

4. Noted once again.

5. Well, the Bthrow does give a 18 frame advantage. It's difficult for me to imagine that you can't pull off at least one running shieldgrab, but that's not a matter of eyeballing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom