• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

metroid1117

Smash Master
NO..

Its like Roy in Melee. Funny how Roy sucked against Falco beyond belief.
Roy has the UThrow chaingrab on Falco and DTilt is AWESOME for setting up stuff so it wasn't completely one-sided, but I digress; this is the Ike forums, not the Roy forums.

On topic: Has anyone considered using reverse QD for edgestalling? I tried it last night and Ike has an amazing edge-grab; he can grab the edge while below the stage (Battlefield and Smashville work best out of the neutrals, didn't try any counterpicks), it's comparable to Jigglypuff and her rising pound. Combined with edgehopped Aether and edgehopped QD spam, Ike can camp really well at the edge, I think.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
On topic: Has anyone considered using reverse QD for edgestalling? I tried it last night and Ike has an amazing edge-grab; he can grab the edge while below the stage (Battlefield and Smashville work best out of the neutrals, didn't try any counterpicks), it's comparable to Jigglypuff and her rising pound. Combined with edgehopped Aether and edgehopped QD spam, Ike can camp really well at the edge, I think
Glad you mentioned the edge metroid, I've been incorporating it quite a bit recently.

First a very interesting fact: Aether has 3 frames in which it will grab the ledge. On the final frame, Ike literally manages to grab it from about a metre under the ledge. It's amazing. Reverse Aether I could only manage to see two grab frames.

Reverse QD makes for an amazing thing as, if I am not mistaken, it also has a hitbox right above it, making attempted ledgehogs against you risky. Combined with, as you said, the possibility of a ledgehopped QD or Aether, or perhaps an Up Air makes it risky for opponents. I can't be sure, but I think Ike has one of the best ledgehops in the game, just look at it!

Another thing I like to do is use Ike's low low low second jump to quickly ledgedrop and jump regrab. It happens so fast that there's very little time for your opponent to mess with you, so if you get a nice lead, you might try to outstall them using that.

comboking

Smash Master
Yeah metroid it works. Very well actually but I never said anything about it.
I found out about it a long time ago

metroid1117

Smash Master
I can't be sure, but I think Ike has one of the best ledgehops in the game, just look at it!
Nah, from personal experience I would have to say that Snake has a better edgegrab :(.

comboking said:
Yeah metroid it works. Very well actually but I never said anything about it.
I found out about it a long time ago
Why did you hold back on it then? I know you get flamed for your posts, but if no one has mentioned it before, there's no need to hold back on information that could be valuable.

Palpi

Smash Hero
my bud was in pool with m2k at cot4 only person that didnt get 3 stocked.

on the topic of qd. if you hit them above you or miss you will still grab the edge if they dont edge hog themselves.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I come to the ike boards today because on aib ladder, I've lost to about 5 ikes because they Fair and ESPICALLY jab combo to who knows the ends of the earth >_>. Yes it's wifi but I'm going to a tourney soon and it could happen on off line >_>

Srs business here my question as a mario and luigi player, is there any way to go up against a jab spamming ike? or do I just shield the whole thing? I've been getting hit by it every time im in a ike's face lol. Also as for full hop Fairs, espically with it's godly range I get ***** by it, any way against it? Hope you can help, thanks ike boards.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Lol, I thought the edgestalling thing was obvious... >.>

Anyway, it's not that great for edgestalling considering you can only grab the ledge with Aether 6 times in a row before you wont grab the edge(Which was probably put in place to PREVENT edge stalling xD ).

comboking

Smash Master
Nah, from personal experience I

Why did you hold back on it then? I know you get flamed for your posts, but if no one has mentioned it before, there's no need to hold back on information that could be valuable.
Because most of the times people flame me and never try what I say anyway

Plus I thought it was common sense or already know

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I come to the ike boards today because on aib ladder, I've lost to about 5 ikes because they Fair and ESPICALLY jab combo to who knows the ends of the earth >_>. Yes it's wifi but I'm going to a tourney soon and it could happen on off line >_>

Srs business here my question as a mario and luigi player, is there any way to go up against a jab spamming ike? or do I just shield the whole thing? I've been getting hit by it every time im in a ike's face lol. Also as for full hop Fairs, espically with it's godly range I get ***** by it, any way against it? Hope you can help, thanks ike boards.
Pay attention to habits. Spamming any move even if its good, can be punished when you predict it.

Jab > grab is hard to beat on reaction. Ike's grab range sucks though so at times it'll miss when jab can hit again though.

jab > jab is unpunishable from 1st jab to 2nd BUT, you can shield grab after the 2nd jab because Ike responds slower from his 2nd jab.

HOWEVER, now a days most Ikes 1st jab > 1st jab because its a TRUE COMBO making it even harder to punish since Ike can follow faster than a 2nd jab.

If the Ike is noobie and just does the entire jab combo on your shield, Dodge the third hit and fsmash him.

Luigi really can't do anything about fair because of his traction making a majority of Ike's moves unpunishable. If Luigi tries to get back in, Ike will jab Luigi before he gets there.

Mario CAN Up B out of a slow jab cancel but jab > jab is a true combo meaning you can't Up-B out of it when its done perfectly. OoS Up B is your best bet when you shield before jab.

Mario does better vs Ike than Luigi since Mario has a invincible Up B, and FLUDD and no traction to be pushed away.

Luigi does have sliding fire balls lol.

Ike's jab is number one for a reason. it's basically hard to beat since Ike can do SOOO much from it. You have to pay attention to habits then its all mind games from then on.

XACE-K

Smash Master
So, for the first time ever, Ike has more tournament ranking points then Peach, and we're currently top of D.

Discuss.
I'd like to thank myself for getting 2nd at the bi-weekly I actually posted the results to. And now that the person that always gets first (Trav who always gays me with Oli) is on vacation for a week, maybe I can get first this time.

But shame on Kirk for going all Snake at a tourney instead of Ike.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Pretty much.

It figures that I would get yelled at by everyone in the world for deviating my character choice ONE TIME IN MY LIFE. It's only natural I suppose(unless you count random...cause I've done that on more than one occasion). :laugh:
man ... its nothing ... ike can't seem to win where theres actual challenge ... u want to win ... u dont play ike plain and simple lol

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
man ... its nothing ... ike can't seem to win where theres actual challenge ... u want to win ... u dont play ike plain and simple lol
No, what you do is use Ike against ever single low tiered character and the higher tiered characters that he does fine again (G&W for example is borderline even, Ike has the advantage against the ICs, etc.), and use MK to annoy everyone else. XD

XACE-K

Smash Master
Pretty much.

It figures that I would get yelled at by everyone in the world for deviating my character choice ONE TIME IN MY LIFE. It's only natural I suppose(unless you count random...cause I've done that on more than one occasion). :laugh:
Dun worry Kirk, that's happened to me. For 2 straight bi-weeklies I used Random at one and Falcon at another. I got 7th and 8th respectively. But than again, I only liked Brawl+ at that time and sandbagged whenever I played Brawl so :ohwell:.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
I'm changing people's opinions. Or not. But at least I'm voting. And I say that I'd rather have PS and Norfair are much better as counterpicks than Pictochat.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Don't a few other characters do really well on Pirate Ship too?

Someone go post this on their boards too.

Aurorazoni

Smash Journeyman
They want Pictochat too? O.o Flying bombs, spikes coming out of the sides, multiple chances at wall infinites. That's enough to not even give people the chance to vote whether they want it or not.

:x Well at least I wouldn't anyway.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Burrito, so far 3 more people have voted for Pirate to be counter pick. Just some more to go.

Someone who has no life make repeated accounts and vote non stop.

Aurorazoni

Smash Journeyman
Burrito, so far 3 more people have voted for Pirate to be counter pick. Just some more to go.

Someone who has no life make repeated accounts and vote non stop.

They'll spot it, announce the votes were rigged, and ban Pirate Ship. xD So that would hurt us more than it would help. But you already knew this and was just being funny. :]

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
And because everyone here has a life ask your relatives and friends to vote too!

Unbanning Pirate Ship: The activity the whole family can participate in.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
No, I knew everyone here had a life :laugh:
this post is full of win, idk if its because it makes us look good or just because its very clever since the joke would have usually been at it being rigged and actually getting it banned.

I've told a few people idk if ryko posted yet he never told me while I was talking to him.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
wow... your parents are lame niddo. Someone go post this on aib too since some people are more active there.
Nothing to do with the parents this time. Just my computer being stupid due to repeated glitches. I could use my parent's old computer, but it's SLOW. Like, make Ganondorf look like Sonic slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom