• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
In other, more interesting news, did you know that a spaced Nair is safe on block versus Olimar?

Ike can act on frame 13 after landing. Olimar's grab, at point blank range, hits on frame 11 from what I see.

The key word is, of course, spaced Nair. Timed right, Olimar's grab will be reaching you only on frame 16. That means that, essentially, Ike has time to either spotdodge or roll backwards to avoid the throw. You have to be frame perfect on the roll backwards part, but if it works, just continue the assault of Nair, which shieldpokes Olimar when the shield is low, by the way.

Not so bad anymore, is it? :laugh:
Is it possible to show a vid of this? Do so please, and we'll all be your best friends! =)

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
So Yagami, are you going to notify the Wario board?
I'd do it, but I'm a bit lazy. You have full permission to do so, of course.

Is it possible to show a vid of this? Do so please, and we'll all be your best friends! =)
I'll work on this. I think I can get someone to do it showing the frames, if not then I'll record and speed up a match of me doing it by myself.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Fine. I think it would be best if the person who found it told them, but w/e.
Eh, what I discover belongs to every Ike mainer on the face of the planet ::p

I'm not much on that "Keep secrets from people stuff."

Anyways, a friend of mine (hotgarbage) has said that he shall try his best to get a .gif file of Ike hitting Olimar with a spaced Nair and spotdodging in time using his video equipment. He's a bit tired today, so he said it's be up by tomorrow.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I can get a vid up if you'd like within the next hour or so.

Some clarification: Brief testing suggests it works with 12 or 13 frames of running(11 and below is too soon, the grab won't reach...and 14 is too far, the grab won't reach).

Frame 1 = 1st frame of grab release.

Wario gets grabbed on frame 51 for both. Wario can do NOTHING for frames 1-50. He can do something on frame 51, the fastest thing being jumping. BUT, since the first frame of the jump doesn't send him much anywhere, he still gets grabbed. The grab frame and the jump frame occur at the same time, and the result on frame 51 shows the first frame of Ike grabbing Wario.

Nyah~

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I can get a vid up if you'd like within the next hour or so.

Some clarification: Brief testing suggests it works with 12 or 13 frames of running(11 and below is too soon, the grab won't reach...and 14 is too far, the grab won't reach).

Frame 1 = 1st frame of grab release.

Wario gets grabbed on frame 51 for both. Wario can do NOTHING for frames 1-50. He can do something on frame 51, the fastest thing being jumping. BUT, since the first frame of the jump doesn't send him much anywhere, he still gets grabbed. The grab frame and the jump frame occur at the same time, and the result on frame 51 shows the first frame of Ike grabbing Wario.

Nyah~
Ah, I'd appreciate the video if you could get it, thanks Kirk.

Also many thanks for confirming the grab release.

Alukard

Smash Hero
i have no idea wat u guys are talking about but i saw infinite lol

explain a bit for me please =D

Kirk

Smash Champion
In short:

1. Grab Wario
2. Do stuff to him(Pummel).
3. Force the Air Release.
4. Run for a few frames.
5. Pivot Grab.
6. Repeat steps 2-5 as necessary.
7. Uptilt
8. Win!

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Ike has 2 chaingrabs that are essentially frame perfect, you can infinite wario with pivot grabs and you can back throw bowser up to 60 but both of these need to be done on the exact frame you can do them to prevent them from being broken out of.

Alukard

Smash Hero
o i see

thats sooo cool hahaha ... i want to try this ... but i dont have a brawl =\

ryko ... lets play double ike teams mm's at polytech ... if u are going =]

Kirk

Smash Champion
Ike has 2 chaingrabs that are essentially frame perfect, you can infinite wario with pivot grabs and you can back throw bowser up to 60 but both of these need to be done on the exact frame you can do them to prevent them from being broken out of.
One can argue it's about as hard as IC chaingrabs...but easier imo. You just have to get into a rhythm basically.

The fact of the matter is it DOES work, and practice makes perfect. :)

Kirk

Smash Champion
Video being uploaded for those who care. Check my channel for when it's done uploading and processing.

Here's a more detailed analysis:

Copypasta from video description:

This video analyzes and demonstrates the mechanics of Ike's Pivot Grab Release Infinite on Wario(and yes, Ike DOES have a grab release infinite on Wario).

Here's what you need to know:

I used a debug hack to be able to control the frame rate.

Frame reference: Frame 1 will be the first frame of the grab release animation.

Ike cannot act for 29 frames. He can start running ON frame 30.

Wario cannot act for 50 frames. He can jump ON frame 51.

Ike's Pivot Grab hits on frame 9 after activation.

Sections are seperated by hard cuts/music changes. You'll notice...I hope.

1st Section - Ike runs for 11 frames after grab release. Grab hitbox is out on frame 49. The grab misses because it was too soon and Wario was too high to be grabbed.

2nd Section - Ike runs for 12 frames. Grab hitbox is out on frame 50. The grab 'grabs' Wario on frame 51. It doesn't on frame 50 because Wario was out of range.

Note: If Wario inputted a Jump command on frame 51, he would still be grabbed. This is because the first frame of jumping does not move his hurtbox enough out of the way of Ike's pivot grab range.

3rd Section - Ike runs for 13 frames. Grab hitbox is out on frame 51. The grab 'grabs' Wario on frame 51. Wario is within range for the start of the pivot grab hitbox this time. Read the previous note...it applies here too.

4th Section - Ike runs for 14 frames. Grab hitbox is out on frame 52. The grab misses because it was too slow...Wario is able to jump out of the way.

Last Section - Quickie demonstration in real-time.

Enjoy!
Make sense now?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
you know gonna is spelled like this gonna

Have you ever seen me play offline I will get some replays soon.
AB your not that good yourself
lmao gonna is slang, your supposed to say going to. if your going to correct me then at least do it right.

And yes I'm a lot better than you.

Yagami see what happens when you forget about QD? you find actual stuff that is very useful. Never again mention that move you and the Ike boards will benefit greatly from it.

comboking

Smash Master
lmao gonna is slang, your supposed to say going to. if your going to correct me then at least do it right.

And yes I'm a lot better than you. On wifi atleast 'cause I have never seen you play offline

Yagami see what happens when you forget about QD? you find actual stuff that is very useful. Never again mention that move you and the Ike boards will benefit greatly from it.
man your very cocky

Now it's not technically a quote because I edited it.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Also am I imagining **** or with proper smash DI is my opponent able to power shield the third hit of my jab combo? ****'s starting to get annoying, I know full well a Power shield against fox is a quick way to get KO'd -_-

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Nah I was correcting arturito, but yeah Alu this saturday, Ike climber MMs all day lol
lol wrong quote since you double posted.

with proper smash DI you can avoid the second and 3rd hit of Ike's jab combo its ****en insane. The videos of the marth that I uploaded show him doing it a few times when he was ready do it. The most noticeable one has to be after he countered and I jabed him to punish.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8NbtKTzpBI&fmt=18

edit2: that wasn't the video but it happens at 2:12 too.

man your very cocky

Now it's not technically a quote because I edited it.
No no only on wifi you want me to tell you why?

Because I suck *** on wifi, I can't do anything on there and guess what your only going to be worse offline. Offline your going to get punished for those Fsmashes you spam, offline your timing is going to be off and you won't even be able to jab cancel, offline I'm going to be able to power shield you and you won't because you've never been able to do it since you play wifi.

This has happened to everyone who has played wifi for a large period of time, including me and kirk.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Quick Draw is fun and all but when has Quick Draw ever comboed someone to 60% or performed a 0-death? Haha.

Well, if I think of anything else, I'll tell you guys after some quick frame data testing.

Much obliged for the video, Kirk.

Alukard

Smash Hero
oooo hahaha ... definitely ... smash bodyguards ... =]

we fight for our friends dammit

comboking

Smash Master

•Col•

Smash Champion
comboking, your message box is full. Anyway, here's my reply:

Myself said:
No, I don't play WiFi. And I hate Ike dittos. The only other character I play seriously is Marth, who SUCKS on WiFi.

Plus, even if I wanted to, I can't. I can't get on WiFi while I'm here at college.

AND I have a flatscreen TV, so it already lags a frame or two. -_-

Also, that "ledge tricks" video wasn't too impressive. Most of it was just it was just QD away from the stage to grab the ledge, and that was on BATTLEFIELD. Try that on Final Destination. xD.

Ike doesn't really even have any useful ledge tricks, except maybe Quickdrawing onto the stage.

comboking

Smash Master
Oh your brawl FC is on your information thing to the left of your post so I thought you did play online

Wifi to me is just having fun
I play way different offline.

I'll have some replays of me offline on the weekend

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
no one cares about your replays you just saying you play offline now isn't going to make anyone think your better. A lot of people play off line and they still aren't any good because they lack experience just like you do since south Dakota has no existing smash scene.

I have no idea why your trying to prove your good at this game so hard to a bunch of strangers.

Everyone has there brawl code there its just something you do while registering on this site but anyone who's decent doesn't play wifi. (except canadians)

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Everyone has there brawl code there its just something you do while registering on this site but anyone who's decent doesn't play wifi. (except canadians)
To be fair I entered an online tourney where the prize is a title change. "Random Ike Guy" here I come. I think the tourney is full or close to it right about now though.

On another note AB, PhantomX asked me if you were good, and I said yes. If he approaches you with a challenge to see if Ike can get past Wario's aircamping, don't be too surprised.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
no one cares about your replays you just saying you play offline now isn't going to make anyone think your better. A lot of people play off line and they still aren't any good because they lack experience just like you do since south Dakota has no existing smash scene.

I have no idea why your trying to prove your good at this game so hard to a bunch of strangers.

QFT. Ally and HolyNightmare being only two examples o_o.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I've already played phantomx why would he be asking if I'm good lol. we only played twice so I guess he didn't get enough to judge me. We went 1-1 if your wondering.

edit: I really wonder why he would ask you lol he's in the el paso thread all the time.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
That's not what I asked, I asked if they considered you good enough to judge the effectiveness of this. I know you're good, but I don't know if the other Ikes consider you up to par/good enough to be a judge for whatever reason, lol.

And I totally sandbagged you first round :\ I wasn't expecting any Ike player to be challenging/smart from my prior experiences XD We'll get more games in next time, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom