• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Ike's sword is longer, and the way he uses his arms I guess, but Marth's swings come out faster.

San, were you the guy I played on wifi a looong time ago? I don't even remember anymore lol.

EDIT: Nintendo, where is the character ranking topic?

It wasn't too long ago, like 2 months or so. I got a little better since then I hope.

I don't know the exact placings, so I'll copy/paste once someone at arena51 posts it.

Btw, what does everyone think about doing small combat walks to shorten distance if regular jab won't reach? Is it too risky?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Wasn't it always a counter stage? Or did it used to be C/B?

Anyways, I'm glad Skyworld is banned, people abused me on that stage (like yesterday), and I'm glad Mansion is a C/B now.

On the downside, Norfair is C/B which kinda sucks =/.

Anyways, if no one has posted in the character rankings then...why should we?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940

metroid1117

Smash Master
Well, I think we ought to have a new person take charge of the Ike Matchup thread, seeing as how Yagami has been around lately. There are a lot of matchups that we have to redo, such as Jigglypuff. By the way, how fun does this game look?
Yeah, Yagami has been pretty inactive as of late; it says that last time he did anything was a full month ago (3/17).

And wow, that game looked fun. I'm tempted to get it over the summer...

Palpi

Smash Hero
There only thing that works is bucket with fast projectiles, fox, falco even like zss and lucario.

For one i dont think a dsmash for zss last long enough to not be power shielded by Ikes fmash. Ike is just good at doubles because it is a lot more hectic and a lot more stupid **** happens. Planned stuff rarely works.

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman
The stun time is dependent upon the opponents percentage. She has her neutral b to stun opponents as well but that depends upon how long it has been charged. The only thing I am concerned with is how I would do alone. :p

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Yeah, Yagami has been pretty inactive as of late; it says that last time he did anything was a full month ago (3/17).
What about making a new thread for matchup discussions? A matchup re-discussion thread for revising our most important matchups and tactics? It could later be implemented at Yagami match-up guide when he returns.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I need to put more nair into my gameplay. And I need to better spot good opportunities to be daring (or dairing lololol) off the stage. I'm so tired of my meat-and-potatoes style... I want my Ike to be more fun to watch.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I need to put more nair into my gameplay. And I need to better spot good opportunities to be daring (or dairing lololol) off the stage. I'm so tired of my meat-and-potatoes style... I want my Ike to be more fun to watch.
Ehh, efficiency is what matters, not flashiness. Just make sure you don't become predictable, that's when you NEED to switch :laugh:.

To set up for good DAir opportunities, try to bait airdodges by jumping backwards at people from the edge; most people would airdodge rather than try to beat the supposedly-incoming BAir, which can put you in a great position for either a DAir or an UAir if they jumped.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
idk my gameplay anymore... I have been grounded for so long i forgot my gameplay style... =[ mainly Fairs and Jabs but i seem to forget to Nair a lot but usually start around halfway through the match lol

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
I know this has been discussed countless times, and I tried searching for it, but how do you do a walkoff dair without setting your C-stick to attack? I'm tired of dying after spiking people >_>.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Walk off, then be careful to hold your analog stick -halfway- down and press A. Go into training or something and practice it. It's not hard, but.. pulling it off in the heat of a match without dying is tough.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
If you dont do it from the absolute lip you can walk off the stage by holding the diagonal between down and the direction you're walking, and pressing the c stick down will allow you to dair without fast falling.

BUT the reason the tilt stick is better for this is because you can more accurately control your direction, allowing you to dair from far more angles.

Kishin

Smash Ace
I like smash DI though :( even though I barely ever apply/remember to apply it. I can regularly walk-off D-air unless I'm right at the ledge though.

Is jab canceling jab -> jab -> jab -> whatever easier to escape than jab canceling jab1, jab2 -> jab1, jab2 -> whatever?

Kishin

Smash Ace
I thought it's like: you can smash DI out of Zelda's up-smash, but you can't with tap DI. And escaping Falco's chain grab -> spike with smash DI while unable to do so with tap DI.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
It wasn't too long ago, like 2 months or so. I got a little better since then I hope.

I don't know the exact placings, so I'll copy/paste once someone at arena51 posts it.

Btw, what does everyone think about doing small combat walks to shorten distance if regular jab won't reach? Is it too risky?
Not too risky if you reset it once

Palpi

Smash Hero
Tap di? You mean Quarter Circle di? Quarter Circle DI moves you with each input. That is why if you want to move left you should move up up left and left cause it is quicker inputs. If you watch M2K play and about to get in a nado he preemptively qcdi's.

Get used to QCDI with smart bombs in training mode.

Teh Brettster. Only reason to use tap jump is UPB OoS and upb out of water. It works in delfino pretty well.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Tap DI just smash DI with an analog. QCDI is the directions you input.

I leave tap jump on to make pivot hyphening easier, also aether and up smash out of shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom