• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
dude the live stream was like all tourney matches once the tournaments started... i didn't think the tournaments would have lasted as long as they did so i didn't try and make it onto the live stream until it was too late... i wanted to MM Ruddy on live stream since I was doing really well against Ruddy recently won pretty much every friendly with him while he played fox and oh **** when he met Zeton he learned jab cancelling with fox... we are in for hell if fox's start using jab cancel because trust me guys his jab cancel is faster and harder to get out of since fox moves while doing it... I played Arturo a few friendlies, i thought i could have done better but i mean A_B is too good! lol but yeah WHOBO was fun and i look forward to seeing everyone again next month at A-KON 29th-31st here is link for all TX Ikes!
http://a-kon.com/

Palpi

Smash Hero
If you saw a guy with like 20 dr peppers.. it is probably hylian.

QCSDI up and away btw. My friend has QCDI'd the 3rd hit down and teched it but that is fairly hard.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So which one are you supposed to be? LOL. I only recognized Fogo and Slaps.

EDIT: Scratch that, I figured it out. Wow A_B...no offense, but I always thought you were hispanic xD.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...pretty interesting. What was with those tags/lanyards that you guys wore around your neck? Are they like proof that you've signed up for the tournament or something like that?

Also, it doesn't look like there were too many female players from what I could see...Oh well.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
I decided to post more pictures of me and other smashers. I want to write a story but whobo is just beyond words.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7157377&postcount=418
Lookin' good bro. So do the cosplay girls.

O_O

Ike is tied with Link in tournament results currently, and is below Ganondorf.

I'm going to cry now.
He's tied with...Link? Oh dear Lord. D:

I understand Ganondorf, though. Kosk is maining him after all, lol.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Nintendo. You should place so you won't cry :)

Who cares if a character places or not, if one person can or can't that shouldn't effect anyone else.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
It's kind embarrassing to have Bowser, Link, and Jigglypuff place better then your mid-tier character though. >_>

And I can't go to tournaments until I get a job to fund them, and until my dad fixes my headlights. And I have to get past Espy.......I'll start with actually winning a tournament set though.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
the things around our necks were proof we are allowed in the building lol if we didn't have them we got kicked out... and can someone put up a link to the tourney results thread because i got 3rd at Melee1/Ruddy's tourny a few months back...don't get too excited it was out of 9 and 3 of them including me were ike mains lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
the things around our necks were proof we are allowed in the building lol if we didn't have them we got kicked out... and can someone put up a link to the tourney results thread because i got 3rd at Melee1/Ruddy's tourny a few months back...don't get too excited it was out of 9 and 3 of them including me were ike mains lol
Those kinda tournies should never count lol.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
LOL Slaps. Good joke.

Also LOL about Link and Ganon's tier placements.
.. Wait that was serious? Oh crap.

Well, Bored, Slaps... a lot of the heavy hitters are gone from PBT and going to a different tourney this weekend. Shall we follow them there or WIN at PBT?

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Lookin' good bro. So do the cosplay girls.

He's tied with...Link? Oh dear Lord. D:

I understand Ganondorf, though. Kosk is maining him after all, lol.
Eh, I'm not too surprised about Link. Link has projectiles that really help him against one of the most prevalent characters in tourney, which is Meta Knight. Tier lists don't really account for matchup favor/unfavors I think. Ike has a horrible recovery and he has to approach against characters while Link has projectiles that allow him to camp effectively, something that Ike doesn't have. However, Link does have a horrible recovery.

Palpi

Smash Hero
That is why Ike is often allowed in low tier tourney's as in.. the ONE I went to. I think that he could've been the best character there.. or sonic.

Kishin

Smash Ace
How do you do the walk-off D-air with smash stick again? I tried searching it but it's pretty difficult to find a post on it since it's not anywhere stickied.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
How do you do the walk-off D-air with smash stick again? I tried searching it but it's pretty difficult to find a post on it since it's not anywhere stickied.
Here you go.
Rykoshet said:
Walk off the stage by holding the diagonal down and forward and hold it while pressing the c stick down.
EDIT: Oh and that video I just posted has gotta be added to the compilation. Honestly.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
kimchi: What moment are you talking about? The end of the match?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I just thought I'd point out that I 0-deathed every Ike I played at WHOBO at least once with my Ganon :D

I didn't necessarily win, but they got 0-deathed by a Ganon, so who cares, lol.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Because he is a Mod. LOL.

Anyways, I was lookin at the yoshi thread and they seem to have some kind of power rankings for yoshis only. Do we have something like that for Ikes? They even have their own formula and stuff.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Because he is a Mod. LOL.

Anyways, I was lookin at the yoshi thread and they seem to have some kind of power rankings for yoshis only. Do we have something like that for Ikes? They even have their own formula and stuff.
That sounds pretty interesting. I don't think we have that on the Ike boards. Only thing that irks me about rankings though is that people disagree a lot about rankings a lot, up to the point where they'll start fighting to be a certain rank, because they think their Ike is that good o_o.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
lol well if we made an Ike power ranking thread i would probably be pretty low for the time being... at least out of the important Ikes considering most of the noob ikes don't post on this thread they all just make their own thread asking a question....

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
theDoom said:
Because he's PhantomX, and because he can.

Don't question him.
Arturito Burrito said:
only Ike mains and phantom so get out of here.
I love you guys XD

My being a mod has nothing to do with it. I'm a Phantom, I've always been everywhere at once.

Plus I needed to brag about 0-deathing Slaps and Arturito with my Ganon (though it only takes like 3-4 hits, admittedly) :D

metroid1117

Smash Master
I'm a little wary of power rankings; his power rankings were based on tournament success, much like Ankoku's list. While it is implied that you are an excellent player if you can consistently place high in tournaments (i.e. Kirk), it would be a fallacy to say that each of the regions are equally skilled; some regions are just so skilled that you can't just be a good player to have tournament success (i.e. Rykoshet and Silven); you have to be flat-out amazing to come out on top.

I didn't mean any offense to the players referenced in the above statement; I just think that it's unfair to base a player's skill on tournament success alone, since there is obviously a discrepancy in skill throughout the various regions. Kirk and Rykoshet had this little argument earlier; there's no real way to determine who is better than who unless the same two people fight the same opponents and then see how well they did compared to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom