• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Good for you A_B ^^. How's Whobo going?
Oh and I just thought this spike was so funny. Look at the second match on the Sonic stage.
I love Dair.
If you really wanted to be mean, you could've went for the Aethercide at 1:22 instead of going back to the stage... just saying :p.

Those spikes were pretty amusing lol. I wonder what texture hack they'll think of next...

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I wonder what texture hack they'll think of next...
Short hair Lucia texture hack. XD That could actually work.....wouldn't be perfect, but it's doable.........

I'm assuming Roy is already done (though honestly Roy would work better with Marth).....

Ephraim maybe? Edward?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I wish I could be there. I had to change plans last minute due to some unfortunate family matters. And I was Bored's ride, so he's not there either. =[

Perhaps, though, FS6 this summer? San Antonio, no?

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Yeah, I know that well enough. I always hope to God I'm not fighting Snake on FD, because that just ***** me every time.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm starting to think that this last minute cancellation was a blessing in disguise. I have really been playing awful of late -_-. Though it has only been on wifi...it's still been annoying to see me lose to scrubs. I need a break.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
12:04 PM
I wish I could be there. I had to change plans last minute due to some unfortunate family matters. And I was Bored's ride, so he's not there either. =[

Perhaps, though, FS6 this summer? San Antonio, no?
10:21 PM
I cant wait either

How 'bout bored?
Those posts were on the SAME DAY. And less than a page apart. This argument is in response to BOTH the:
comboking said:
I don't read every post in the thread.
and the
comboking said:
But I remember you saying you couldn't go very vaguely
Pay attention.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
We all know that CK can be a bit lacking sometimes, but I guess we gotta live with that. Anyways, A_B, tell me all about who you lost to and stuff.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
dude melee1 said in about a month there will be a tournament even larger than WHOBO here in Dallas called AKON... i think that is how its spelled...

and there were 60 or so people in the brackets.... I didn't make it out of pools =[ i played Jerm, Ozz, and Vash all really good... so i got 4th in the pool (top 3 move on)... but i have to admit i have gotten better even though by the time pools came around i was doing really bad

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Just watching my videos from the critique thread. Dash attacks at close range are dumb. I should do pivot grabs or something there instead. And I should hold A to start jab combos. Missed full jab combo = ouch.
And I think I need to try to improve my edge game. I know Ike has limits, but my limits currently feel like they're well below Ike's. Ex) I still cannot identify when a walkoff dair will work in the heat of even a friendly match. Ex2) I am trying to do some things on the ledge, but I'm only getting killed for trying-- I need to find out what to do against whom.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Well, the character ranking list topic is back up, so if there is a tournament in which you placed and didn't get a chance to post it, now you can.

Ike needs to get back up there, it's embarrassing that JIGGLYPUFF is almost caught up to Ike. And that he's behind Yoshi....

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
And I think I need to try to improve my edge game. I know Ike has limits, but my limits currently feel like they're well below Ike's. Ex) I still cannot identify when a walkoff dair will work in the heat of even a friendly match. Ex2) I am trying to do some things on the ledge, but I'm only getting killed for trying-- I need to find out what to do against whom.
You and me both. As it is, I'm scared of playing at the edge with Ike because I'm so terrible at it. But hey, making mistakes only makes you stronger, right? Generally, I try jump-back FAirs at people trying to recover after grabbing the ledge, but it doesn't really always work. I can't chase someone off the edge worth **** either.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Ike needs to get back up there, it's embarrassing that JIGGLYPUFF is almost caught up to Ike. And that he's behind Yoshi....
D*** are you serious?!

*Checks the character ranking thread.*

Wow...We really need to step it up... -_-

Why the hell are more people using Jigglypuff anyway? P.T. seems to have improved by a LOT too including Samus and Sonic. Darn, I've been away from these boards for too long. I wonder why this happened. IDK what is even going on around here anymore...:dizzy:

metroid1117

Smash Master
Why the hell are more people using Jigglypuff anyway? P.T. seems to have improved by a LOT too including Samus and Sonic. Darn, I've been away from these boards for too long. I wonder why this happened. IDK what is even going on around here anymore...:dizzy:
Jigglypuff has some interesting stuff going for her... people have found out that you can purposely DI into people during a multi-hit attack and Rest them during it (imagine trying to jab combo a Jiggs... eww). Another interesting thing is that Rest has invincibility frames before the actual hitbox comes out; this means that *theoretically*, a good player could Rest a couple frames early to go through an attack and then Rest the opponent. For example, they would theoretically be able to land a Rest through DK's Giant Punch without taking any damage, since by passing his hitbox through Jiggs DK also has to pass his hurtbox.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff has some interesting stuff going for her... people have found out that you can purposely DI into people during a multi-hit attack and Rest them during it (imagine trying to jab combo a Jiggs... eww). Another interesting thing is that Rest has invincibility frames before the actual hitbox comes out; this means that *theoretically*, a good player could Rest a couple frames early to go through an attack and then Rest the opponent. For example, they would theoretically be able to land a Rest through DK's Giant Punch without taking any damage, since by passing his hitbox through Jiggs DK also has to pass his hurtbox.
Really? That sounds kind of deadly...Although, it shouldn't really matter with us Ike users. Our disjointed hitboxes should alleviate the problem. Although problem is, we're not too quick. But Jigg's range is tiny compared to ours so I don't think it should occur too often. Maybe Bair can help? Have you seen this happen often in recent tournament scenes?

Palpi

Smash Hero
The jigglypuff rest thing was found several months ago. I have never seen someone use it. I was metaknight and he was jiggs and I use tornado on him and he QCDI'd to the top and i stopped doing nado baiting his rest. Then I killed him with a charged dsmash. The rest thing is cool, but not worth it at all.

The only one the rest is worth doing on is TL and Diddy. (Multi-hit rest)

Jigglypuff actually has stages that are good to counter-pick for. Delfino, jiggly can rest in the water and use her almost infinite horizantal recovery to try to gimp the opponent and not have to worry to get back, just wait for stage change. Ike maybe going slow because he really doesn't have a stage that he can counter-pick to give him a decent advantageous position. Don't say pirate ship. There is no way that stage should be legal.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
0.0 finally.

I'm sad that whobo is over now =\ I wish I had more confidence in my Ike I only lost like 1 match with him during the whole thing and it was always very close. I was even in the lead against co18's DDD during our tie breaker in pools for 2nd seed until I got walked off at 40%

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Which way are you supposed to DI Ike's jabs?

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Nyaaaahhh~
Oh finally, you're back.
Arturito_Burrito said:
0.0 finally.

I'm sad that whobo is over now =\ I wish I had more confidence in my Ike I only lost like 1 match with him during the whole thing and it was always very close. I was even in the lead against co18's DDD during our tie breaker in pools for 2nd seed until I got walked off at 40%
33rd at a national tournament is really good. Good stuff A_B. Were there any other Ikes there?

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
33rd at a national tournament is really good. Good stuff A_B. Were there any other Ikes there?
I wanted to ask this too lol. I didn't see any Ikes, but then again, I didn't see THAT many Whobo matches on the stream. First match I think I saw was CO18 vs. M2K.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Oh finally, you're back.

idk man idk... my friend error13 got 13th and fdm got 25th I felt like I should have done as good as them. If I had gone all Ike I could have gone better **** my mk didn't win me a single match. Only one who was there was slaps me and popper top went doble Ike in friendlies and ***** phantomx and takeurlife.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7152620&postcount=319

I'm in that picture somewhere I have more from the it but my smile is ******** so I'm only posting that one since I look more natural. I'm behind hylian with the pink and black shirt that says I love math, if anyone knows what hylian looks like lol.

edit: wrong link at first.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Haha, I saw you right away. I don't know which one Hylian is, though, the white guy in the grey shirt or the black guy in the red/orange shirt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom