• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
#1Cheese, I'm really curious to see you play. You make it pretty obvious you know what you're talking about when you talk and you have a great thinking mindset for the game.
As I said. Curious.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
#1Cheese, I'm really curious to see you play. You make it pretty obvious you know what you're talking about when you talk and you have a great thinking mindset for the game.
As I said. Curious.
Well everyone says that about Niddo and we all know how good he is. Lol jk Niddo.

As for this whole Samus Vs. Ike arguement, it doesn't really matter what the matchup numbers are because either side can win in any situation. The numbers just show based off of the character's abilities what side is likely to win but that doesn't mean that Ike Can't win. It just means it will be a more difficult game to play, like i said the numbers just represent who is likely to win, some people the matchup may be difficult but others the matchup might seem simple to them.

Like for example, some people are comfortable with the Ike vs. Falco/Olimar/D3/Snake/MK matchups. The games aren't in their favor but they seem to do particularly well against those players and sometimes win. All in all it comes down to who wins, If all games were decided by the matchup numbers then there would be no need to play, but we play because Ike CAN still beat Samus, or Snake, or Olimar, or whoever. That doesn't necessarily mean the opposing player is bad, but just outplayed, and it happens. So you can name the matchup 8-2 for all i care but it all comes down to who actually wins.

Samus Vs. Ike I believe is difficult mainly due to projectiles. It is very difficult to avoid everything when you are in that kind of situation, as much as you believe you can perfect shield everything, Light, you can't. You will find out at Whobo2 if you play Xyro because the matchup is difficult. It is still managable but it can go both ways, whenever me and Xyro play it goes both ways all the time, I'll **** him, then he will go super Samus and **** me next round, granted it is friendlies. So the matchup isn't THAT unmanagable, the way I see it. I would probably put it 6-4 although Xyro gives very good points most of them are related. 65-35 is putting it a little over considering your posting all these reasons why Samus is better but what you don't seem to consider is that Ike isn't a ragdoll, we can do some stuff as well. You act as though the matchup is completely unwinnable and with all the points you give you should be able to, in theory, 3-stock any Ike you play, that is how it sounds like to me.

I guess that is all for now, can't think of anythhing else to say at the moment, so we will see how this plays out over the next few posts lol.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
why dun u guys make a new results thread?;/
i mean,it seems like plenty of you are active enough
and all that progress shown for some players wouldn't be shown D:

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
I assume that most people are content knowing that he is placing "well" therefore giving less incentive to improve the character overall. To a few in that category, they would want to avoid seeing actual results fearing that it would give the player less incentive to continue playing as Ike or change character all together (but if that was they case, they would have gone MK from the get go).

But knowing placings isn't enough. It may help give some players a positive reinforcement that their character is more capable than what was expected, but the opposite still holds true.

But I am going for an updated results thread. My hope would that it would spark some healthy internal competiton in the board, in that way we don't have to think of tournament results on a large scale, but rather improving ourselves to surpass the other Ike mains. Maybe in that we can grow even more.

numba1cheese

Smash Cadet
As I said. Curious.
You can put me in Niddo's category of knowing stuff, but not knowing how to play with it. Though I don't think I'm THAT bad with Ike. I'm not really a tourny player per say, I just go to these tournies and do friendlies while chilling with friends.

With that all being said, I'll see if I can get a video of me sometime soon.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I think some of Ike's match ups are too generous and that makes it seem like having samus be the same as those harder MU's is hard to beleive. I would say samus wins 60-40 though.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
The only Samus I know of over here is Rhyme, and idk if I'll ever get to play him =/
Ryko should be able to have some input on Ike v Samus.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
We have grab release to Usmash on Squirtle? A pretty good PT from elsewhere in Texas, Magik, told me this the other day. I can't test right now, but.. is it true? And if so, why did I never know (disregarding the fact that I've always been confused and clueless on Squirtle)?

numba1cheese

Smash Cadet
2ND GAME IS THE ONLY MATCH THAT MATTERS :chuckle:
Good **** Mr. Doom, I suggest you submit that vid to this thread.
I don't think that video deserves to be in that thread. Main reason would be, because Mr. Doom got off a easy kill for 2nd stock that really changed the tide of the match. I know it's part of the stage and game, but I would rather have a video of an Ike beating MK 3 stocks thoroughly. Not a back throw off screen.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
That thread is just show-casing vids of how well the players(preferably notable players of w/e character) plays the matchups to show others who want to get an idea of how it's played.
Although Ike v MK is still stupid imo.
And the fact that Mr. Doom took a game off of Ally's MK is just straight out beast/hilarious. =)

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
It's always a good idea to refrain from using second jumps vs MK. MDoom paid for doing so once or twice. Other than that, good stuff in that match.

I just realized that Mr Doom and I both took a game each off of some true top national players using Ike. Arturo had a chance, but he didn't quite get it done. What a scrub. =P

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
*!*

Wild Kirk appeared!

Niddo used "I'm going to Fsmash you from the US all the way to Antarctica where you will be gang beaten by a flock of Emperor Penguins if you don't start posting here more."

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Kirk can fill up the front page with topics that consist solely of pictures of kittens and I would not mind.

I'm still not 100% sold on Samus but I guess I won't be unless I fight a top Samus player. I'll try to go to WHOBO then, haha.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
when people say doom's ike is amazing it makes me think their ike and anyone else around that area sucks.

He's good but you should be able to tell ally wasn't taking him seriously. I honestly believe brett is a better ike than doom.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
when people say doom's ike is amazing it makes me think their ike and anyone else around that area sucks.

He's good but you should be able to tell ally wasn't taking him seriously. I honestly believe brett is a better ike than doom.
the fact that he didnt nado AT ALL also adds on to this=/
when i saw seige i thought u were going to get him with the eruption kill lol

props tho,good job

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
If you really believe that Ally wasn't taking me seriously, then I ask you to play him whenever you get the chance. Let me know how well you do against him, because I want to know. I'm pretty sure he'd take you more seriously than me.

numba1cheese

Smash Cadet
If you really believe that Ally wasn't taking me seriously, then I ask you to play him whenever you get the chance. Let me know how well you do against him, because I want to know. I'm pretty sure he'd take you more seriously than me.
It's not an insult or anything to you Mr. Doom, but I think most people just believe that Ally wasn't trying. Now I don't know how long Ally has been playing MK or if he plans to main him and what not, but a lot of the things I saw Ally's MK do to Ike was stuff you don't see from average to worse MKs. I think Ally has a good MK, definitely not Dojo or M2K's level, but I can see him getting there.

Also, I do believe great players like Ally don't try as hard or play "for real" against lesser opponents. A perfect example would be when Ally's Snake lost to Mikehaze's Marth in winners, actually got owned pretty bad, but later in losers destroyed Haze's Marth.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Blah, Slaps, don't judge skill based on a single tourney. We had much different brackets. Arturo, don't judge based on one video (or really any Mr Doom puts online, he posts a bunch of funny friendlies and Ike-experiments).
I don't want any animosity growing here. We're both good. Neither of us is the best. And I've met Mr Doom I think 3 times. Based on all the playing I've seen from him in total, I'd put us about on par with each other. He has outplaced me in each event we've been in together, but I've seemed to have a tougher bracket every time, and I think I've improved a good bit since those events. Mr Doom is a very good Ike. I would not say I'm better unless I'm pretty sure of myself. And although I am becoming more confident in my own skill, it is by NO means enough to say I'm better than he is.

Wtc started this anyway? It shouldn't matter-- we're both still behind San and a few others.

In other news, I'm going to try Yagami Light's footstool idea sometime. I know it will just about never happen... but I still want to do it because it would be AWESOME.

Also, Kirk, epic crew battle was epic. I watched the whole thing. Ally's first game made me fall out of my chair laughing.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I am SUPER new with MK, I still have match up problems with MK, I wasnt sandbagging, I was serious.
Except for you know, the toying with him on Frigate grabbing him at like 150% instead of killing with Dsmash. But maybe I am wrong, whatever floats your boat.

By the way Brett, the thing that started this was A_B saying that you were a better Ike than Mr. Doom.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
That thread is just show-casing vids of how well the players(preferably notable players of w/e character) plays the matchups to show others who want to get an idea of how it's played.
Although Ike v MK is still stupid imo.
And the fact that Mr. Doom took a game off of Ally's MK is just straight out beast/hilarious. =)
Meh, fixed it to avoid conflict lol
Ally, just use nado, seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom