• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Shoulda rephrased what I said. I know that you can be good and still give bad advice, but when I give pretty good advice, someone dismisses it. Then san/Kirk comes in, says the same thing I did, the general reaction is: "Oh! That's some great advice!" Not offending san/Kirk or anything, but that's happened a lot.
We just got yo back son

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So I'm gonna say you're a instinctual player and most of the times, you don't have a set strategy but you're able to adapt to whatever is thrown at you.
Right or wrong? >.>

And Kim, I actually try to read ALL advice on Ike by whoever. I need whatever I see as useful, test it out to see if it works good for me or not, repeat.
Yea. Good call. I remember when I first got brawl and started maining Ike, I wasn't all that good. But thanks to wifi, and match up experience, I learned what to do and not to do. So characters that I don't play often against, I suck more in comparison to those I play a lot. Except MK, he's just gay.

Also, thanks to constant practice, I've been able to also up my ability to read people. So yea, I can adapt more easily in comparison to back in the day when I would be lost and confused for weeks. It's a beautiful thing making those hard reads.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
@bored: I understand what you mean about giving advice. Sometimes, I write something down, and I'm like "This sounds like gibberish that will only make sense to me -_-"
As for predicting people, it just feels like second nature. I just know what they're usually going to do lol. Ü

The back throw to dash attack thing I really want to know. Tired of being unsure if it'll hit or get powershielded or w/e. It'll help a lot to know, or even learn how to test it.

I have been relying on fthrow a little, too, when I'm near the edge of the stage. Just feels easier to hit people with anything, like dash-->jab or spaced aerials. It works a lot better at higher percents where dthrow wouldn't be effective and not ideal for bthrow.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
yagami already tested it out and it became a combo at like 40% i believe except for like on olimar and 2 other characters, then it stops being a combo at another percent but idk that one.
Actually, just after testing it on Mario, Luigi and Peach I got some varying results. It became a combo on Mario at exactly 32% (as far as I could tell, no guarantees that I was frame-perfect with my DAs) and went until around 85%, although the percent that it stopped working was hard to pinpoint. For Luigi it started at 29% and went to around 90%, and for Peach it started at 28% and went to around 82%. So far I haven't found any patterns in how it works.

I need to find some way of testing this that doesn't require me to repeat the maneuver over and over and that also doesn't require someone else to help me (my brother had to try and escape the combo each time... CPUs often get hit even when it's not guaranteed).

:034:

Kirk

Smash Champion
Funny kim, I had the same idea. ;)

I LOVE YOUR ADVICE YOU ARE AWESOME! :bee:

@nysyarc- if you can get a hold of the debug code, you can time how many frames it takes for the thrown character to act after being thrown. Then compare that frame with the fastest possible Dash Attack(measured before hand). This way, you only have to control one character each time. If something looks out of range(too high/hitting the ground/too far), then you'll have to actually do both.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
@nysyarc- if you can get a hold of the debug code, you can time how many frames it takes for the thrown character to act after being thrown. Then compare that frame with the fastest possible Dash Attack(measured before hand). This way, you only have to control one character each time. If something looks out of range(too high/hitting the ground/too far), then you'll have to actually do both.
Debug code? Is Homebrew necessary for this? I've been thinking about getting Homebrew for my Wii anyways. Looked into it and apparently you need Twilight Princess to install it or something?

What we also should consider is how often we would actually be executing frame-perfect Bthrow -> DAs. I'm sure it's guaranteed sometimes even when it's not perfect, so if I do ever get some data together on this I'd have to give a range where it's guaranteed at perfection and a range that it's guaranteed if you're a little late.

:034:

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
its not hard to do frame perfect bthrow DA or that chain grab on bowser you guys just need to learn to buffer things.

For example if for the wario infinite all you had to do was pivot grab and not worry about doing it to fast mostly everyone would who uses ike would have it down in about 20 minutes.

The DDD infinite on DDD is frame perfect yet pretty easy to get down as long as you buffer grabs. At least this is what i remember someone saying here when i argued against being able to do things frame perfect lol.

edit: whobo 2 : http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=5806

I'd help you out with money if you come down for that kirk like at least 30$ and I'd probably match the money if someone offered more. I think only brett would since hes rich too but even if he doesn't I'd help you out to come down here :)

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I'd help you out with money if you come down for that kirk like at least 30$ and I'd probably match the money if someone offered more. I think only brett would since hes rich too but even if he doesn't I'd help you out to come down here :)
I'm rich? DID I WIN THE LOTTERY?
Or. No. Bank account's the same. Oh well, it's okay. Still enough to maybe offer to pay a couple meals since I'm definitely not paying as much as Kirk would be for travel.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I just remembered that during my dittos with Hylian, he did something interesting that I've never seen done before in a ditto. I know the jab combo doesn't kill, but it does send the opponent away, off stage, or into the air for us to set up with more potential damage. What Hylian did was SDI down, so when I finish my combo, he would go down and tech roll away so I wouldn't be able to do anything afterwards. I'm sure this can be done with any character against Ike's jabs...so...yea. Maybe I should delete this.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I remember i told kirk not to tell anyone jab canceling doesn't really work and no one spoke of it for like 4 months till like the 100% frame data came out.

Try punishing the Tech roll bored if he does it like at the edge then your upsmash could potentially end up as a 50 50 chance of hitting depending on which way he roles and which way you hyphen it. Maybe if you can even cover the entire area if you reverse hyphen it.

edit: nvm ike's 3rd hit probably has to much lag it could work some characters with super ****ty tech rolls though hmm...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
edit: whobo 2 : http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=5806

Well if i keep my grades up my mom is paying for all Whobo2 expenses so if I have gained any money by then i could pitch in a bit =]. I have yet to recover the money spent at last years Whobo so not paying for it myself will be nice lol. I am down to $300 in my wallet and i gotta do chores to regain money... Before Whobo I had $600 after it i had $400, then Melee1 payed me back which put me up to $475 and idk how i spent the other $175 to today lol... Just small stuff added up =] lol.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well if i keep my grades up my mom is paying for all Whobo2 expenses so if I have gained any money by then i could pitch in a bit =]. I have yet to recover the money spent at last years Whobo so not paying for it myself will be nice lol. I am down to $300 in my wallet and i gotta do chores to regain money... Before Whobo I had $600 after it i had $400, then Melee1 payed me back which put me up to $475 and idk how i spent the other $175 to today lol... Just small stuff added up =] lol.
It's called fast food. Get wrecked.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I've formated that thing the way I was taught to in school. >_>

And it's the same format my mom used when she applied for work.

CURSE YOU CATCH 22 ABOUT NEEDING A JOB TO GET A JOB!

Palpi

Smash Hero
Because I don't have money yet. Once I get money I will take the train, until then...I can't.

The only time I have been outside Inui's or Chibo's tournies was when I went up to Jersey City for Viridian 5.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Dang. Revelation. I'm packing lunches to all future tourneys. Next carpool I'm in will have a trunk full of PB&J.
Oh **** yeah I'm down for that! I never thought of that before! 0.o I want to bring a bunch of lunchables next tourney and just in the middle of a set take out a lunchable and start eating it =] yum!
It's called fast food. Get wrecked.
I don't even know if I'm old enough to get a job... I had a semi job umpiring T-ball games for $10 a game and i did like 2 games a week. Idk what happened to that. I'm only 15 so idk if I'm old enough.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't even know if I'm old enough to get a job... I had a semi job umpiring T-ball games for $10 a game and i did like 2 games a week. Idk what happened to that. I'm only 15 so idk if I'm old enough.
I was implying that you are wasting money on fast food. Not to go get a job at some burger joint lol.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I was implying that you are wasting money on fast food. Not to go get a job at some burger joint lol.
Not really... After I got back I had to pay $100 for bro's alarm clock i lost at UTA 0.o, the only money used on fast food at Whobo was about $6 on 2 dry hamburgers from mcdonalds, curly fries from jack in the box, and 2 more dry hamburgers from mcdonalds lol <3 aMp. But since they ran out of drinks to sell in the ninja room i had to go out in the lobby to get a coke multiple times which probably cost me about $6 lol so yeah haha

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
wow you still don't get it slaps?

You were wondering where all that money went and bored was saying its all been spent on fast food from whobo till now. Not that you ate 175$ worth of fast food or w/e it was you lost in 1 weekend. LOL

-RedX-

Smash Lord
How the hell are they doing that? =O
You have to be on a platform, then you would fall through the platform by tapping down but you shield right after you hit down, then you'll be free to do whatever on the platform.
Pretty cool imo and I'll be looking into this I guess.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
You have to be on a platform, then you would fall through the platform by tapping down but you shield right after you hit down, then you'll be free to do whatever on the platform.
Pretty cool imo and I'll be looking into this I guess.
Hmmmmmm. I think Ftilt would probably be the most useful move out of this. Everything else will either just.. not work.. or be something we can already do. If we had a faster Fsmash, I would be rejoicing. Lol.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
On the other hand this grants you a regrab on pretty much everyone out of an Fthrow on platforms since you don't need to use the 13 frame dash grab and can use the 7 frame standing grab instead.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
wow you still don't get it slaps?

You were wondering where all that money went and bored was saying its all been spent on fast food from whobo till now. Not that you ate 175$ worth of fast food or w/e it was you lost in 1 weekend. LOL
nah, i understood.. And I don't buy myself fast food that often lol. But forget it, it doesn't matter its off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom