• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
I only get to play a handful of times in a month ._.

2 hour drive each way johns ._.
That's what I had back in Indiana. I used to spend weekends in Michigan whenever possible. I got to smash like maybe 6-7 days out of a month while attending two tourneys if I was lucky. So glad I can say goodbye to that BS. 4 hours drives were the norm for tournaments. The nearest body I had to play was an hour away and that was 1 person.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Lol wow I used to live in Indiana, what part were you in?

And I didn't even know competetive smash existed back then. I beat my friends and that was about it lol

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
We're also going to add two more panelists.
one from Tucson perhaps?
to be honest, considering Axe's lack of enthusiasm toward Brawl (<3 Axe), Kyle seems like a good choice. I'm sure he has a reasonable guage of most of our skills. He does attend like....every tourney

EDIT: And just an idea, Chris. Do you think we have enough solid teammates to form a miniature PR for teams? I can think of at least 3 off the top of my head but idk if that'd just be kinda extraneous...

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
if we had a Teams PR Wobbles and I would be #0 because we havn't lost yet but hes not here so Darklink and Jard would be up at #1 and Hades and Kira #2 and for #3 maybe Light and Dark/Me ;P because we are the 4 teams that always place Duff seems to get 5th in teams with whoever he teams with

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
lol hey I think me and Duff would actually do good

Chris was thinking that him and I should team Saturday just for the sake of playing together before New Mexico he was going to ask you about it and you could have my share if we get 1st I dont care to much about the money but just need the practice

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
lol hey I think me and Duff would actually do good

Chris was thinking that him and I should team Saturday just for the sake of playing together before New Mexico he was going to ask you about it and you could have my share if we get 1st I dont care to much about the money but just need the practice
Not sure how Josh is in Brawl, but he's really good at teams in Melee.

lockdown7

Smash Cadet
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO looks like power rankings have finally arrived. This will make me come back into the scene. This winter I am coming back so watch out.

Brice and Justin - I don't have your guys numbers anymore. Hit me up when you guys play aside from this saturdays tourny, cuz the Ultimate Fighter finale is on and I can't miss that. Someone hit me up so I can get some of my skills back.

Jane

Smash Hero
Ultimate Fighter finale
OMG a ufc fan!

jones is gonna own hamill.

brendan schaub will hopefully beat roy nelson. although roy is a cool dude, i think brendan is the overall better fighter.

and, although it would be cool for kimbo to beat alexander, i personally think alexander's got this. though it could go either way.

AND 107 IS GONNA BE AMAZING OMG PENN VS SANCHEZ!!!

/ufc

lockdown7

Smash Cadet
OMG a ufc fan!

jones is gonna own hamill.

brendan schaub will hopefully beat roy nelson. although roy is a cool dude, i think brendan is the overall better fighter.

and, although it would be cool for kimbo to beat alexander, i personally think alexander's got this. though it could go either way.

AND 107 IS GONNA BE AMAZING OMG PENN VS SANCHEZ!!!

/ufc
Hopefully Tom doesn't mind if we go off-topic for one more post. I think Shaub will win too, but if Nelson gets him to the ground.."It's hard to get the moon off you."

I'm really excited for Kimbo and I think he has a legitimate shot at winning cuz he does have excellecnt stand-up. Also, I wanna see the darkness destroy Mitrione (he's a panzy).

Sanchez to beat Penn. Been waiting since TUF 1 for him to get a title shot.

Back to smash. How is Chris so high up. Beat the guy ez last time I faced him. 2ez.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
chris got really gay good during the past couple months... i don't have to work till 4 tomorrow so if you wanna smash before then, im down :) ill pm you my number

Jane

Smash Hero
I think Shaub will win too, but if Nelson gets him to the ground.."It's hard to get the moon off you."
yeah i REALLY hope its not like all of roy's other fights. that would be extremely boring to watch (for the 3rd time already >.>)

I'm really excited for Kimbo and I think he has a legitimate shot at winning cuz he does have excellecnt stand-up.
yeah, win or lose, it will be a good fight.

Also, I wanna see the darkness destroy Mitrione (he's a panzy).
the darkness is fighting? haha this is news to me

Sanchez to beat Penn. Been waiting since TUF 1 for him to get a title shot.
i honestly don't know who to root for. i love both penn and sanchez so much. theyre both amazing fighters, and cool people.

also is it just me or was this season of TUF one of the best due to rampage and rashad constantly talking **** to each other? they were in each others faces so much hahah it was awesome

lockdown7

Smash Cadet
also is it just me or was this season of TUF one of the best due to rampage and rashad constantly talking **** to each other? they were in each others faces so much hahah it was awesome
Those two arguing every episode was so priceless. I cracked up every freakin time. Why are they not scheduled to fight? Rashad is scheduled to fight like thiago silva or somethin.

Chris - Last time we played I won. All that matters :)

hadesblade

Smash Lord
That cause we haven't played yet :p

lol except you've probably figured the matchup out by now... ><

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Chris hadn't learned to hold shield or sit around and space ftilt at that point.

Saffy

Smash Ace
=[ You should do a doubles ranking, cause that's all I have a chance in lol
Idk Why I play soo bad in singles, Chris you need to help me, idk how to play singles at all D:

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
its the same as doubles, only against one person.
I don't think teams and singles are anywhere near the same. They require two different sets of skill. Just because you are good in teams doesn't mean that will necessarily carry over to singles. There have been plenty of instances where decent players with amazing team chemistry have placed higher than players who are good in singles that just team to team.

Also, I'd be willing to help you Saffy if you wanted. :3

Jane

Smash Hero
there are two things that are added into doubles, as opposed to singles

1. team strategy (how you work together)
2. counter-strategies against an opposing team (how you react/adjust to the other team)

all other skill is transferable to 1v1

yeah "amazing team chemestry" plays a role, but that will only get you so far

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
There have been plenty of instances where decent players with amazing team chemistry have placed higher than players who are good in singles that just team to team.
this is so god **** true LOL. yo blood hawk, you drive? you should come to tucson and play some melee since we're the melee city. if you have AIM, add me on there.

UPDATE THIS THING LOL

*should be on honorable mention since my snake is 222222 GOOD*!!!!!!!

Dekar173

Justice Man
You're underestimating team chemistry, and you're forgetting that characters that suck **** in singles actually have a shot at making an impact in doubles (AKA GnW, Lucas) due to certain characteristics they have.

Doubles and Singles are two EXTREMELY different things.

Jane

Smash Hero
ok but would you disagree with this,

1. team strategy (how you work together)
2. counter-strategies against an opposing team (how you react/adjust to the other team)

all other skill is transferable to 1v1

if so, what else plays a role in dubs that does not in singles

Top Bottom