• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
what do you mean carries lol yea hes a strong partner but i still end up winning the 2v1s when he messes up from an SD, im usually the stock holder more

and yes i beat you and Jard legit 2v1 and we didnt lose a single round last tournament

and you teamed with him at active gamers didnt see you get 1st ;P (its a joke dont get angry)

plus hes the reason i like teams me and him have practiced a lot and honestly dont get greedy for kos/damage or mad at each other from mistakes just laugh it off and keep on ******

i wish we could play other teams from out of state because teams is the most fun in brawl

Yea but you're pretty much only a good team mate when you're with him. There's nothing wrong with that, but it just puts you at a disadvantage when he's not around. He's always a good teammate regardless. Otherwise you and Light wouldn't have taken third. :p And if i beat you every time alone, how could you brag about that ONE time you beat jard and I haha.
But yea doubles is so fun!

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
Me and Light HAVE NEVER PLAYED TOGETHER EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

i was to scared to try anything because i didnt know what Light was going to do and through our game off so much plus he doesnt play brawl much anymore as people can clearly see

Wobbles plays with me all the time so he knows what its like to team with a Snake/MK

2 MKS vs ME and I win DOUBLE the cheapness it just shows that you guys dont have the 2v1s down like we had practiced

plus when I teamed with Light I won 2v1s and at Devastation I beat Z and Xero 2v1

it was one match. next two on one ill just tell Jard to jump in the air while i play you alone. and not teaming isnt an excuse really. wobbles and I took matches off ally and sean and dsf and dao(number 6 in socal Pr) without ever teaming. We even 2-0'd richbrown and typh (number like 8 and 9 on Socal PR). Adaptation is the reason why.

ok sure

Lol thats really funny
they should do one for metaknights!
Snake boards are so much funner >.>

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
but like i said Wobbles has teamed with MK so knows what to expect I teamed with PEACH and me and Light didn't work well together

Light has only ever teamed with Dark for brawl and they were able to beat you and Jard but when I teamed with him we would hit each other by accident to much and just didn't know how to support each other

Wobbles is the best teamate though and just too good of a player why he's the best in the state

also PLANKING IS BANNED you guys are already 2 MKS 2v1 should be easy

You went MK too so no johns
But yea its cause you're not very good at adapting either, which is such a crucial element of being good at this game. Thats what makes Rob such a good teammate, no matter who he teams with. He always adapts and thinks.

Yup Wobbles is amazing

I didnt mean planking in a literal sense, we never do that stuff
But we don't have a dream partner so we actually have to work for our wins

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
honestly when did finally being good at this game with the best/cheapest character with the most options in this game get to your head you really have gotten to cocky and become a douche at times and thats why I hate playing this game already

adapting? You take advantage of your characters priority and invincibility over other characters where its not even about skill but comes down to unbalanced bs

yea I went MK to beat Duff0 because unlike Snake I could take advantage of Duff0 playing FOX and Me being MK and abusing moves and invincibility and MASHING B and UP B

and it doesn't matter if you take him to the last match you will never beat Wobbles and I don't care if I don't either I don't act big shot douchebag at a childs game

Its just funny to see you get mad, thats why I ice you so bad. I don't do it to anyone else lol, cause no one else gets emo about it.

You've recently stopped using Metaknight, and you only did so cause you don't win with him
If you adapted, your Metaknight would beat Kira, I mean HOW COULD YOU LOSE when the character you used has such a huge advantage. Is that question of skill? I guess you suck at mashing B. Or in the matches with Forward, you have so much more experience in that matchup but he can adapt better.

I am a tad cocky but I also don't complain about this game like you do, its why players are beating you (forward, Jard, me) and others are catching up to you, cause you always do the same things in situtations so you're easy to read.
I'm trying to tell you what you do wrong

You always groan every time you get hit in friendlies, and you have to stop that

Just have fun with it.

Like Wobbles said, he stopped complaining about Metaknight because Fiction could beat the ones he was losing too. So its obviously possible. I love that mindset of his, its the reason he's able to improve so much. Less complaining about a character = more success.

Duff0

Smash Ace
Why are you guys fighting? We should be trying to get everyone else in this state better to become better as a whole. Instead, you are taunting those your better than.

Maybe like telling people why they're losing in a non-douchebag way.

I don't want to call you out man, but look at yourself. Your being a ****.

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
the reason I play this game and go to tournaments is just to get away from regular life and not think about problems and the reason I complain a lot is just a way to get my frustration out in a different way and more towards the game and it sucks that you guys make fun of me because of it and instead try to help me out with it

when you first started out I helped you and I know I make mistakes and could do things different like B reversals and quit spot dodging/air dodging at the same times every time and always ftilting 2wice when I find an opening and I know there are more but sometimes I wish somebody would help me and give me advice but instead YOU/JARD/KIRA talk about what to do to beat me and yea it gets me down because nobody ever trys to help me out when I need it or cheer for me to win I get so nervous during matches and down so quickly if I mess up and trust me it costs way more messing up with Snake than it does with MK

I just have this fright of MK he has 5 ****ing jumps I spend to much time thinking about what hes doing and not enough time preparing myself to react to when he finally does something. Yea I could wait for the MK to be aggressive and attack and mess up but what if he doesnt I get bored so I try rushing or trying something different oh no a TORNADO or invincible up B

like I just want some advice but instead you just like to make fun and put me down which sucks and makes me want to quit

Internet fights always mean nothing, Its just meaningless attacks after another, followed by rhetoric responses that invoke more meaningless attacks.
Its just a way to pass time, since the results are usually forgotten the next day anyway

But really, Im sorry though

One of the best pieces of advice I can give you is to simply stop complaining

Yes just drop it. I know its going to be hard to stop, and I know Metaknight has bullcrap advantages like tornado and his dair, but the same can be said for Diddy's banana's or snakes tilts/grenades, etc...

Complaining is just wasting energy that can instead be used on figuring out questions like "What am I doing wrong, and how can I use that information to fix my mistakes?"

Unless someone is around the skill of m2k and ally, chances are its always possible to beat them because the tactics to do so exist. So feeling down everytime after you get hit shouldn't be happening.
Kira used to complain about metaknight all the time, and when I finally made him stop, his progress at this game FLEW UP
Wobbles also stopped complaining because he realized this as well. Like in the example I just gave where his mindset became "If Fiction can beat you, then so can I since its been proven that there is a way" mindset that I stole from him :p

One more tip, Instead of watching so many videos
PRACTICE THE FLIP OUT OF DI AND MOMEMTUM CANCELLING

You do realize that UpB doesn't kill with proper DI right?

It takes a while to do it on reaction but once you do, I'm positive the chances of you winning will like double
because anyone who doesn't just dies stupidly early

If you had the determination to practice that and complained less, I'd be way scared of playing you in tournaments. Once again complaining is just wasting energy that can instead be used on figuring out questions like "What can I do better?"

Jard, Kira, and I realized that and our skill increased a tad

and with that, I know that if you took this to heart, you would be really happy with the results, no more complaining that no one helps you, cause the current best player in the state just did =D

(really i hope you take this to heart)

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
****, that last part of that post was deep as ****.

but the real solution for you guys' problem is

TO PLAY MELEE. Because then you'll both know you have room for improvement and we'll actually give you advice.

MELEE IS THE GREATEST GOOD IN EXISTENCE

Jane

Smash Hero
GREATEST GOOD IN EXISTENCE

Not only are we going to New Hampshire. We're going to South Carolina and Arizona and North Dakota and New Mexico, and we're going to California and Texas and New York. And we're going to South Dakota and Oregon and Washington and Michigan. And then we're going to Washington, D.C. to take back the White House.
BYAHHHHHHHHHH!

BYAAHHHHHH!

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
Like I know its possible why I didnt give up playing Jards MK thats why I love Snake because he can bring it back just really hard to try not be unpredictable give the options he does have and I know Ally can do it but I have seen his discussions on MK and how good reading patient MKS can just **** Snake and thats how you play your MK and I'm used to playing MKs that run into my nades and tilts and try grabbing and down smashing all the time not jumping in front of me till I make a mistake and gimping me for it like I never said you were a bad player, you have gotten sooo good I dont talk crap in this game because its just a game a childs game

and like I said I complain because its just way of me taking out frustration even though its entirely my fault I will complain let me be just give me pointers dont mock Bryce is the only person that helps me when we play why I do like playing with him

and I love Melee way more than brawl I just dont have the reaction to even play Brawl more or less Melee even though it pays off to practice more at Melee and not worry about a lot unbalancing issues like Brawl but its simple and thats why I like it

but yea honestly dont trash talk people that think of you as a close friend and I like hanging with you guys and really want to improve our state and save trash talk at least for other states

I just gave you a ton of advice, please don't ignore it :O

I guess my mistake is favoring Jard since he's my doubles partner, just like you favor Wobbles and use him to get me mad at times :p
Its my responsibility to help everyone out as much as I can so I'm changing my mindset to that

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
sheik is always easy to use. look at jet4's sheik

he doesn't even run, he just walks, spaces ftilts, grabs a lot, and edgeguards well

and he does **** against everyone in tucson, even some of Axe's characters (but not Forward since he's too good)

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
I didnt re scroll back up and thanks I will try not to complain so much but I do it in a lot of games I dont like getting hit or shot I know its my fault for putting myself in that situation but its just way for me to vent and you have to admit sometimes there is some BS in Brawl but alrite I got it

also I dont try to favor Wobbles to get you mad lol its true though hes so good hes my partner you could say I could never beat him and its true he knows how to poke at you with those elf feet and YOU KNOW hes going to fart on you but its like unavoidable

hmmm well I like to play Marth kinda used to play as Falco/Peach and Falcon is to much fun

Yea i know, no one likes to lose or get hit, but in a tournament match, if you focused more on figuring out what you could do better at the time, rather than complain at a property of the game's physics, I know you will be so much more calm in tournaments

and being calm alone would make you do better!

yea but I don't mean to come off as **** or anything. I'm really defensive and prone to arguments, and I just always figure that if you make someone feel bad about their problem, they'll hate it enough to fix it. that's what I do with like Kira and others. It probably is the wrong way to address situations though, but its also how my problems get fixed too

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
yea i know at least during tournament I save my complaints till after the match and not beat myself up during it plus I get down and not like angry I'll try to cheer up more just what always put me more down is just feeling left out more recent and Wobbles left so I didn't have anybody to talk to or help me out I get really stressed during tournaments just need some ease

and i love jane byahhhhhhhh!

I'm really sorry for favoriting other people, since you've always been such a good friend, and I love you in a non-homo way
I'll definitely change that
Next tournament I'll be your support I promise, as long as youre not stubborn and willing to listen to my advice

and Jane I love you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But you're sooo not seat jacking me :p

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
like supporting Jard is fine hes your teamate just dont say anything negative about me during our matches like when Light told Kira he sucked during teams I didnt like that because some people let it get to them and I know trash talking is fine and is part of any competition but I rather play Kira at his full potential and not letting anything get to him and effect his game

also being hard on people so they fix there problems is understandable but some people take it the wrong way and just feel worse and its just a game you dont need to put somebody down or make them stress over it you could either try to help them or just ignore it and beat them if they ask for help cool if not than w/e leave them be thats how I am no need to make somebody feel worse at a game

also Jane is the reason im bringing Olimar back ;D

Man playing a gay olimar is extremely fun, I don't see how anyone could find it boring =D
I took kira from like 13 to 80 percent yesterday in a matter of seconds

its such a good feeling, I would so main him if he had a recovery, cause then he'd be like top 3 for sure!

Yea I beat him mostly at the very start, but then I gave him a lot of advice and then I rarely won

But I also reminded him yours is better than mine anyway, but practice is still practice

Pssh Girlfriend johns :p oh well theyre valid...you're way lucky to be with her! Don't screw it up!

Top Bottom