• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
this is so god **** true LOL. yo blood hawk, you drive? you should come to tucson and play some melee since we're the melee city. if you have AIM, add me on there.
Ha ha, yeah, I can drive if needed. Not sure how much I'll be able to come to Tucson with my current schedule, but I'll definitely try to head that way when I can. I'm out of practice with Melee, so I could really use the friendlies. :D

I'll add ya on AIM as well. :3

Next tournament I run will most likely be pools for many good reasons

It lets everyone get their money's worth by playing a lot of people in a competitive setting and that makes people improve more as they are garanteed a lot of matches whether they win or lose

And I also open my doors to ANYONE who wants to come over and play me for hours.
One of the main reason I improved at this game was because I would just go over to Justin's or someone's and just get pounded on for hours while taking advice from them.
So as long I'm not busy (which is generally most of the time) and you want to come over to just chill and play, ANYONE is more than welcome to. Just text/pm me

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
Hey Jane you got 2 good points to doubles down but there is more to it than that

You can get away with almost anything in doubles with your character that you can't in singles like actually messing up with Olimar and not having to worry about getting gimpraped if you have a good teamate

spamming is sometimes more likely as well to get away with as well

the key goal to doubles is not kos or damage but control and keeping your partner and yourself safe in order to gain leads and especially 2v1 situations not 1v1s but 2v1s and that is why Wobbles and I were undefeated and why Chris and I did well I kept stocks let him be aggressive but made sure he wasn't going to die so easily and if he did I had stocks for him to keep going

all I know is Doubles skills don't carry over to Singles in some ways it does but in all entirely its all team work and being butt buddies

Wow that was very well put Justin. Inui genious right thar
Our double MK team ***** because of your smartness

My MK: Knows and picks better options individually and is better at spacing and reading opponents Individually, My type of stage control is to put both of them in situations where I can optimize damage done but still get hit a lot. My focus is always on them and I often overlook my partners situation.

Your MK: Is better at reading two opponents at once and knows how to protect his partner more
effectiviley than mine does. You also keep along with my situation as well so when I get in tight spots you know exactly how to get me out or like if I tornado you know I'll come back towards you and stuff like that. Your type of stage control is more defensive, doing smaller amounts of damage but also getting hit less, forcing more 2 on 1 situations.

Those two types of skills/playstyles are honestly perfect compliments to each other.
At the end if you have two stocks while everyone else has one, I can just take your life if i happen to die earlier. At which point they're both at either very high percentages or there is only one of them left. Then if you die I can finish it one on one which is the better situation.

Cant wait for New Mexico

Jar'd

Smash Ace
example of skills not carrying over; me through about June (arguably still though)

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Also 7 players out of the top 10 have two words in their name (including KiraFlax). Maybe that's the secret to being good.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
O_o new PR. Kinda suprised at forwards placement after having tied with me the 1 tourney he went to, but other than that it looks about right. :p

Jar'd

Smash Ace
It's cause Forward beat Kira and Justin at that tourney, while you only beat Axe and Wobbles (with the help of infinites) and you haven't beaten anyone particularly noticeable in tournaments besides that one.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
I like the (with the help of infinites). I won the matchup. If a pika main beats Duff0's fox due to the dthrow cg and he doesn't cp marth on them, would that not matter? Wobble's uses other characters in brawl

I do understand that I've only beaten axe and wobbles who are both no longer PR'd, and I would accept that logic/reasoning behind it, but if your reasoning is because of the infinite, then bleh.

darklink4312 wrote at 3:32 PM on Dec 1, 2009 :
Your win on wobbles was 100% legit. I even talked to him after the tournament and he said that Wario has superior air control, kill power, EVERYTHING and he was willing to keep that for the chance that you could grab release him. He said that it was his fault because he went into the match KNOWING what yoshi could do.

And there's the fact that forwards been to only 1 tourney. Isn't activity supposed to be important too?

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I know you are supposed to fight the matchup that way. I was actually the only one saying you should be 6 over Sean. But the fact is that standard AZ tournaments have that banned, and you have lost to Wobbles before when you weren't able to use them. The PR is supposed to show the overall skill of the community, and, as you only won one set against the best player in the state, some people could try and john for him and say you got "lucky". Not to mention it's not like you destroyed Wobbles, it's possible that things could have gone either way (except for the last match, I'll give you that lols) You are also insanely inconsistent. You beat good people that arguably shouldn't lose to you, but then you lose to people you shouldn't lose to.

Also according to Chris "If you are active the previous season, you only need 1 tournament the next season to still be considered active"

hadesblade

Smash Lord
I was a lot more consistent this season xD. I lost to you (twice), Justin, Kira (twice), and Derp (xD).

If Justin won 1 tourney (beating chris), then didn't come to the other two for that season, would he out rank chris?

Jar'd

Smash Ace
It depends how he did the season before, who he beat to get to Chris, and how badly he beat Chris.

hades beat better people and stop losing to unranked players. also, forward only lost to the two best players in the state that tournament. the truth of the matter is that you're also really inconsistent as well. The purpose of PR is to show general skill of the community

oh and hades, in the hypothetical situation where justin beat me one tournament, didnt show up to the other two tournaments and I won both of those tournaments, there would be a zero percent chance he'd be one since i won the other two tournaments. and the fact that i have yet to still lose a tournament set.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
just yall wait till my wario has more than 3 weeks of training.... ill show yall suckers how beastly i can be :) hehehe
Are you going to use wario in nm? And we didn't play any friendlies in singles :(

EDIT: xD idk why I care so much about the difference between 6th and 7th. It's one spot. I wasn't even ranked last season, and I wasn't there to hear your discussions anyway.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
lol yeah, it's like when i tried to go falco against cosby. Falco has a better matchup with mk than yoshi does, but I still got owned due to having never played the matchup ><.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
lol it's what chris and jard said I'm not supposed to lose to unranked players <3. xD

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
THIS JUST IN

I'll keep you guys posted, but I just got a job interview. So if it all goes good that might possibly mean I'll have to duck out of New Mexico. We'll see what ends up happening and I'll give you updates.

I asked for Saturdays off, so it might not be a problem. Guess we'll find out. Either way I plan to get them off, so if this weekend is a no go, the others shouldn't be a problem. :)

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
I should be able to. Unless my training runs on that date. Which would suck.

The truth is, job > smash for me at this point in time, so I'd have no choice, but here's hoping I can go. :laugh:

Top Bottom