• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex world crew formed!****

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Honestly, if we're having a World crew, how it's even possible that we wouldn't want to have the BEST Marths from Europe?

I mean, cmon guys, it's about the Hype! Who doesn't want to see Mr R/Nietono/Brood vs M2K? Leon vs Mikehaze? Kakera vs Anti/Tyrant/Nairo? Otori vs Vinnie? And other hype international matches that we might not see at the tournament? Yeah!

In my opinion, we should include people/matches who will be HYPE to see! Like Nietono, Kakera (I really want to see him Ditto a top US MK player!), Leon, Mr R, Brood vs M2K Rematch, etc.

Hype!

PD: I am not saying that we shouldn't play to win, we're obviously going to play to win! I am saying that we should definitely include the Hype factor when choosing players. @ Ally.
This man is right, listen to him.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I also agree with vVv Zero. It's all about teh Hype. And we ALL want to see Ramin & Leon playing vs. the best of USA. Same applies to Japan. And if we go by hype, this would be my list:

Ally
Ramin
Leon
Nietono
Brood
Kakera
Otori
Ocean
[Rain]
[Holy/Orion]

IMO.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Leon and Ramin better be on.

Hype > winning in this crew battle. Who the **** cares about who wins? Lol

:phone:

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
If its close and goes to the very last stock, then thats hype too, BUT we wont know anyway how this will turn out. Both sides could potentially **** each others, therefore its clever to [at least] build in hype players, IMO.

Who wants to see another MK Ditto or MK vs X just because that MK player is a bit more succesful?

Give the Smash Com a show, a good one!

Btw. why is this not 10vs10 :O? Would make a bit more sense somehow (Top 10 vs Top 10 you know?)

2 players more would make this whole decision easier too, as you dont have to leave out 2 more players everyone wants to see :o

zmx

Smash Lord
^Agreed. That's what I initially said as well. 8 vs 8 is too small.

But for some people it IS all about winning or at least not embarrassing the team. Personally I don't care and would rather just see hype matches.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Well nothing wrong with wanting to win it.

But its egoistic to only look at your own opinion. Other people = Other opinions.

And I guess, most of the viewers (Which make most of the people in the location / @home) would rather see some really Hype players&matches, instead of just everyone playing only for the win.

This thing isnt only about winning for everyone, and therefore this shouldnt be the only factor that counts! And a mix of both isnt wrong IMO.

This also makes this whole thing a lot more exciting, we all know, Europe & Japan never were only about winning as much as the US (Who always play for the win to its fullest). So IMO a "clash of opinions" would give this whole thing an even greater meaning (Playing to win VS. playing to impress/style/whatever). Get my point?

But... as Ally is the captain, and the one deciding(?), we cant do much anyway D:
Just hope he reads this and MAY think about it for a bit :p

If he doesnt, I hope and I'm sure, we will get to see a FANTASTIC crewbattle anyway :p

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I remember some people posting about how being aggressive works really well in crews.

The timer forces players to approach if they're losing. Someone with a campy play style could still camp if they're losing because there's no timer to force them not to camp. They don't need to be focused on timing out, just a means of overall defensive play for the purpose of testing someone's patience, and punishing they're advances.

aka, defensive play styles still work.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Tin Man's right nevertheless :p
Aggro Style will probably good too, as its used to beating Defensive Styles :p

This will be so great :3
I hope the Recording will work fine ^-^

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Making a list is waaaayyy too hard. Can't tell who is better between some players like Leon, Zero, Holy.

People that should be in for sure are:

Ally
Nietono
Mr. R
Kakera
Ootori

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Welp. Holy ****. Leave it to Ramin to come up with the ideal hype/skill balanced list imo. xD

Seconded.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Brood
Otori
Leon
Ally
Mr. R
Nietono
Orion
Zero
I like the list, but I think you should switch out Orion for Kakera or Rain. If Kakera goes ICs, then he would be a good choice, but I think if Rain is on top of his game--he would be a great choice. Even though he's not an amazing MK, he adapts really fast and is a really smart player. Apex 2010 proves it.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Well nothing wrong with wanting to win it.

But its egoistic to only look at your own opinion. Other people = Other opinions.

And I guess, most of the viewers (Which make most of the people in the location / @home) would rather see some really Hype players&matches, instead of just everyone playing only for the win.

This thing isnt only about winning for everyone, and therefore this shouldnt be the only factor that counts! And a mix of both isnt wrong IMO.

This also makes this whole thing a lot more exciting, we all know, Europe & Japan never were only about winning as much as the US (Who always play for the win to its fullest). So IMO a "clash of opinions" would give this whole thing an even greater meaning (Playing to win VS. playing to impress/style/whatever). Get my point?

But... as Ally is the captain, and the one deciding(?), we cant do much anyway D:
Just hope he reads this and MAY think about it for a bit :p

If he doesnt, I hope and I'm sure, we will get to see a FANTASTIC crewbattle anyway :p
What's hype about the whole crewbattle concept if it isn't for wanting the actual crew to win? All these individual matchups as such could just as well happen outside of crews =/
Just wondering why people are so hype about a crewbattle if it apparently is so common to not even care about the outcome. What makes the crewbattle setting different to a tourneymatch or moneymatch to you then? (or even friendly where the type of playstyle from the players you seem to request should be more common too). In those type of matches you'll even get to see more of it rather than half matches where people don't start evenly and only play on 1 stage.

(My point is that you don't need to throw players into a crew just because you want to see specific matchups, i'm sure you'll be able to see those at other times during the event, especially if they really are that hype and more peope want to see it. If there is a stronger choice for the actual crew then go for that... Seriously)

Edit: I'm guessing alot of the people saying this about wanting players into a crew purely for the hype and to see certain matchups, really just want (have wishful thinking) to see certain players get off in crews and take out several players or something?

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Why exactly would it be risky to put Leon in crews? I thought it was certain he'd be in it.
I dont think he's that great vs things he hasnt had a chance to adapt to or learn yet. If he has a set to figure you out it's fine but if he only has 1 match in likely a MU he's never played before or hates (most likely) then it's really a gamble on how fast he can get inside the other players head or not.

I mean, cmon guys, it's about the Hype!
I think it would be hype to put together a team that can win LOL

ROB is ***

What's the deal with including a ROB player anyway.

Especially if you whine about Marth being counterpicked LOL
LOOOL
I'm not too worried about strategy and stuff atm, I rather give em no list till deadline, advantage!
Yo talk to me on aim soon tho

B_AWAL

Smash Master
It seems like u guys r focused on countering our players 100% but u guys should play your best ppl -_-

N by best ppl I mean ppl that just have the best skill n overall ability 2 adapt.

Ally n Brood r 2 obvious choices

Kakera is a popular choice...

Leon apartently is the regions best marth so let him do his thing. You never kno...

I'm jus saying focus on who your best players r rather than who can handle who cuz a lot of these fights will b 1st time matchups...

No1 knows what's gonna happen

Brood vs M2k #NuffSaid

SN: u guys r goin DOWN!!!

:sonic:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
^ I kind of agree with that, unfortunately. Maximizing 1st time (and likely some last time) encounters should be considered when forming these crews. I'm sure Kakera would be a fine choice for a MK in Orion's place.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
It seems like u guys r focused on countering our players 100% but u guys should play your best ppl -_-

N by best ppl I mean ppl that just have the best skill n overall ability 2 adapt.

Ally n Brood r 2 obvious choices

Kakera is a popular choice...

Leon apartently is the regions best marth so let him do his thing. You never kno...

I'm jus saying focus on who your best players r rather than who can handle who cuz a lot of these fights will b 1st time matchups...

No1 knows what's gonna happen

Brood vs M2k #NuffSaid

SN: u guys r goin DOWN!!!

:sonic:

This post needs more abbreviations :troll:

Also, orion just wouldnt be hype, his playstyle is so defensive when compared to the rest of EU XD

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You all overrate how defensive Orion plays. A year ago, he might've played super-defensive mode but by now he learned that going all defensive isn't the way to win in this game.

:059:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
You all overrate how defensive Orion plays. A year ago, he might've played super-defensive mode but by now he learned that going all defensive isn't the way to win in this game.

:059:
Well, i played against him not a month ago, so yeah ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom