• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex world crew formed!****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Mr-R vs M2K needs to happen Gheb, **** on your hypthesis lol, especially since USA has no good Marths, you cant tell who is good against him anyway.
Leon vs M2K would be crazy as well ._."

and even aside from mike, theres neo ( who beat dabuz recently ), pierce ( who beat allys ic, something I couldn't do ) and so many others.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
who are japanese players that are confirmed? people are telling me so and so is coming then others say he isnt im confused haha
Its 8 total.

Kakera
Nietono
Rain
Brood
Ocean
Ootori

And 2 others I forgot. You can also see all 8 on the apexsmash.com registration list.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Our commentary teams are set.

They will be

Doom/DmBrandon

Pierce/EE

Depending on if DM is free to commentate this it will be either or.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Kakera<--- imo weakest out of the locks but still a solid player. Id have him play the Alts to make sure
Nietono<-- lock
Rain<-- lock
Brood<-- lock
otori<-- lock
Ally<-- lock
Mr.R <-- lock,maybe an alt pending how the battle plays out
Leon/Me/Holy/VvV Zero/Orion

I think the US crew will be

M2k
Tyrant
Vinnie
ESAM
Gnes
DEHF
MikeHAZE
Dabuz

Alt. Trela or junebug
Holy in crews might be an issue because hes alot more campy which is a problem for crews. If there was a timer hed be the best pick but w.o a time limit i think ICs/Falcos/Mk will be troublesome for him. Same goes for Orion. My style could pay off since im aggro and i know mus in this crew well. Zero im not really sure what MUs hes good at but he seems good enough for consideration. Same for Leon. We all play chars that can be CPd hard by the US pros so this is tough. Allys played all of us i think so he should be able to judge properly.

That should be the crew imo. Ill prob edit this as I see more people on the attendance list, so easy to lose track of names lol

I can see the world crew getting blown up if players arent managed properly. I got faith though, kill em :)

Keitaro

Rain f-ed up at Genesis 2 because of stages but he got 8th the last at Apex. That's pretty big imo. He also beat Nietono when they had an Apex stage list tourney in Japan recently.

The brothers Otori and Kakera are around his skill level if not better.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Kakera<--- imo weakest out of the locks but still a solid player. Id have him play the Alts to make sure
Nietono<-- lock
Rain<-- lock
Brood<-- lock
otori<-- lock
Ally<-- lock
I like this

although I would like to comment and say... I'm not even that campy anymore >_>
I just play and then do what I have to in order to win.

Not sure if I would hype rain up that much atm. If he goes falco I will agree but idk his MK is kinda booty.

honestly if youre not going to be definitive on kakera or ramin then i would say just make rain and otori play everyone else and make sure also. rain while getting 8th last apex is Not a consistent player, even in his character choice.
@olaf

otori is a montserr LOOOL

zmx

Smash Lord
Nietono<-- lock
Rain<-- lock
Brood<-- lock
otori<-- lock
Ally<-- lock

I think the US crew will be

M2k
Tyrant
Vinnie
ESAM
Gnes
DEHF
MikeHAZE
Dabuz

Alt. Trela or junebug
Holy in crews might be an issue because hes alot more campy which is a problem for crews. If there was a timer hed be the best pick but w.o a time limit i think ICs/Falcos/Mk will be troublesome for him. Same goes for Orion. My style could pay off since im aggro and i know mus in this crew well. Zero im not really sure what MUs hes good at but he seems good enough for consideration. Same for Leon. We all play chars that can be CPd hard by the US pros so this is tough. Allys played all of us i think so he should be able to judge properly.

That should be the crew imo. Ill prob edit this as I see more people on the attendance list, so easy to lose track of names lol

I can see the world crew getting blown up if players arent managed properly. I got faith though, kill em :)
Just so you know the US crew has not decided to put MikeHaze in yet and I doubt they will, probably fearing the experience Europe apparently has against Marths. The others are pretty much a given and you are right.

And you should certainly be considered for a falco counterpick. You seem extremely comfortable in that MU and even in general your MK is very solid. The US isn't used to playing players that have honed the aggro or well-timed aggression style so well.

And imo if anything is going to win the World this crews battle it's styles like yours. There's no timer and no ledge grab limit. Players can't just sit back and let their opponents approach because they don't have to since they can just time them out.

zmx

Smash Lord
Why exactly would it be risky to put Leon in crews? I thought it was certain he'd be in it.

Because he has an ultra-aggro style? At any rate it works and that should be all the more reason to put him in it since America is not used to such styles to the same extent as Europe.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Because double Marth really isnt that solid in crews,especially vs the USA lineup. If you look at the possible MUs it just wouldnt work well

TSM ZeRo

Honestly, if we're having a World crew, how it's even possible that we wouldn't want to have the BEST Marths from Europe?

I mean, cmon guys, it's about the Hype! Who doesn't want to see Mr R/Nietono/Brood vs M2K? Leon vs Mikehaze? Kakera vs Anti/Tyrant/Nairo? Otori vs Vinnie? And other hype international matches that we might not see at the tournament? Yeah!

In my opinion, we should include people/matches who will be HYPE to see! Like Nietono, Kakera (I really want to see him Ditto a top US MK player!), Leon, Mr R, Brood vs M2K Rematch, etc.

Hype!

PD: I am not saying that we shouldn't play to win, we're obviously going to play to win! I am saying that we should definitely include the Hype factor when choosing players. @ Ally.

zmx

Smash Lord
Because double Marth really isnt that solid in crews,especially vs the USA lineup. If you look at the possible MUs it just wouldnt work well
The USA crew is bound to have Pikachu, Falco, Diddy, MK, Snake, Olimar and Ice climbers.

None of these MUs are terrible for marth.

Even ice climbers isn't that bad for Marth though admittedly it seems to be a very luck-based MU since whoever gets the first grab or solid hit if you're marth will be able to take the stock (he can edge guard nana to death easily). But the same can be said for a lot of icys MUs.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
The USA crew is bound to have Pikachu, Falco, Diddy, MK, Snake, Olimar and Ice climbers.

None of these MUs are terrible for marth.

Even ice climbers isn't that bad for Marth though admittedly it seems to be a very luck-based MU since whoever gets the first grab or solid hit if you're marth will be able to take the stop (he can edge guard nana to death easily). But the same can be said for a lot of icys MUs.

USA has Vinnie, M2k, Tyrant and GNES that they could all send against the Marths. I said Mr.R should be a lock but not 2 marths because itd just be a waste when they get counterpicked.

zmx

Smash Lord
But the same can be said for just about every non-MK character sent in. They can be counter picked. It doesn't mean we shouldn't use them and just send in 8 MKs. Or is that what you are suggesting?

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
No, what im suggesting is the way the USA lineup is going to be structured they can make Leons Marth not as effective as one of the other people I mentioned. The non-locks I listed are all around the same skill level so to pick who should be used should come down to who would benefit the crew the most.

zmx

Smash Lord
I don't think you can prove the non-locks you mentioned which include yourself are around the same skill level. This is extremely difficult to determine considering tournaments of this caliber don't happen often.

Right now your list consists of 6 MKs unless I miscounted. Keep in mind every US player has a ton of MK experience.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
well its obvious that were all going to be theory crafting until the day of the tournament haha :p

im just laying out some strategy..and i think you miscounted cause the way I had it Otori/Kakera/the 8th player chosen would be the only possible MKs. I have no idea who Ally will use, his wario/snake are crazy good so i wouldnt write him off as an MK, and Rain could be better off with Falco depending how the crew battle plays out(if ICs/Pika/Olimar are gone)

zmx

Smash Lord
If I understand it correctly you have to declare who you are going to use before the crew battle begins.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I haven't seen Ally use Wario since Genesis 2, I hope it isn't rusty. Wario is godlike in crews; Ally took 5 stocks (almost took 6 lmao) in crews at Genesis 2.

Oh man, it really sucks that Glutonny couldn't show. I've barely watched any of his vids, but...OH MAN :(

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I agree with a lot of what TO Joe posted other than Kakera's lock being in question. IMO Rain's lock is more questionable because he seems to be less inclined to go Falco, whereas there's a realistic chance that Kakera goes ICs in crews, in which case he's one of the world's stronger assets.

Whether you use Leon or not should mainly depend on how the world crew fills up. He's a great player but Nietono, Ally, Ramin, Kakera and Otori take top priority. Rain is definitely lock if he goes Falco but still likely to join anyway if he goes MK. That's 6 / 8, which leaves two out of Leon, Ocean, Orion, TO Joe, Holy, Brood and like Zero or some other good player from South America to fill the remaining spots. Ideal crew would probably be Ally, Nietono, Otori, Kakera, Mr-R, Brood, RainFalco, Holy / Ocean but I don't quite trust Rain having kept his Falco in best shape.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Olaf, quit being dumb. Nobody was talking about Marth being easily counterpicked, rather than two Marths being likely too easy to adapt to. A player who's like guaranteed to do well vs Vinnie and ESAM [such as Holy] would be a good addition to the world crew, considering these two players are like the biggest threats to Ally. If that player happens to use ROB then so be it - if he's good enough a player, which he beyond doubt is then why not? Holy has still his MK in petto as well if he turns out to be a better choice.

:059:

Lord Chair

Smash Master
How does Holy counter ESAM and Vinnie? That makes no sense whatsoever, Holy isn't even close to their skill level and his character picks won't help him out either.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
How does Holy counter ESAM and Vinnie? That makes no sense whatsoever, Holy isn't even close to their skill level and his character picks won't help him out either.
While his rob is good, its overrated due to how much it dominated early metagame XD Possibly a choice but i dunno

I think having both mr.R and leon would be so bad, sure that means there are 2 marths, but they are both incredibly different in playstyles. infact with how much they vary is likely to throw usa off XD

Keitaro

Holy Nightmare himself is very underated imo. Past 2 tournies he has entered in the US he got up to his own brother and lost. He did lose to someone else at both those same tournies, but he's very good and his ROB vs ICs can be a very good option at least.

He beat Atomsk's DDD with it, which should never happen lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom