• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX USA Crew - Get at me bro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flayl

Smash Hero
haha I like this guy!

U guys should seriously think about putting Fow in. He is an amazing player and I don't think world has much experience against a ness of his level.

ooh with that thought maybe me too:awesome:. Don't know what Lucas experience they have. But seriously consider Fow. Let's be creative. We don't need all top tiers necessarily to win. I think it's about hitting them with some unknowns.
> Don't put Wario
> Put Ness instead

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
lol that is stupid logic. That is the captains job to place him when he most likely won't have to play Mr. R. Think.
Besides I'm pretty sure he has a winning record against Mike Haze although he may have gone mk some matches.
Let's pick a ganon, so we can use him when he doesn't have to play any other ****ing character. Think.

Mekos please, don't try to act like a smart guy. You're a simple fanboy who thinks he's good at teams because he likes to jump away all the time. Although you have some talent going for you, most of your success is related to your crappy, though unknown character. Which brings me to my next point, you completely lack intellectual capability. Let me refer to a recent example. You claim FOW has a winning record against MikeHAZE, a west coast Marth player, widely considered the best Marth in the USA. However, considering metagame differences, there's no logical reason to think a winning record against a defensive Marth from the west coast has any relevance when playing against a smarter, more aggressive Marth from Europe. To repeat your statement, which indeed had some relevance, although not in the right context: think.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Also if the donations work out well, Leon might be coming meaning the World Crew may possibly have 2 high level Marths.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Fow went mk against mike and won.

He went ness and got three stocked iirc.

It shouldn't be hard to figure out using ness is a risk, if he had the option of going ness/mk it wouldn't be as big of an issue, but characters have to be decided before the crew.
If your going to want fow to use metaknight then it might be prudent to just pick another top metaknight player.

Unlike pikachu, ness is a mid tier character, so using him is always going to be a risk, at G2 using X worked pretty well against seibrik, but then ally took 2 stocks without losing 1, polt took his(2, not sure) of havok and then rich managed to take his first.

Now, those people took there 2 stocks at g2, not that bad but using ness on a crew with marths, potentially snakes, ect is unrefutably a risk.

I don't think Fow is a bad choice but I just think there are better if the character lock wasn't in place then fow would obviously be a great option.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Few things:

First off, to those that supported me and will continue to do so, thank you! It's honor to be USA Crew Captain :)

I have a slight idea of who I'm going to be picking based on observations and results I've been looking at that follow a certain criteria:

1. Players that are suited to adapt quicker than others.
2. Players that are well rounded.
3. Players with consistent styles.

1. Mew2King

This thread isn't just to pick people but a community effort to help us win the actual crew battle (and apex as well)... (WILL CONTINUE THIS TOMORROW I have work in the morn lol.)
I heard we had to have this list finished by like December 12th. I could be wrong though.

I think we should start adding players that should definitely be on, other than Mew2king.

I think it's safe to say that the following players should definitely be on regardless:

Mew2king (obv)

DEHF - He's beaten Brood before twice, he's extremely experienced vs Olimar and Marth (the world team is likely to have Nietono/Brood/Mr.R/Leon), and MK.

Gnes - I think Gnes should definitely be on the team. He's beaten RAIN. He's beaten Earth. He's shown consistent top placings recently, as well as earning top 4 at Genesis 2. Technically ADHD has been inactive lately, and our team should definitely not be without a top Diddy.

Tyrant - Top WC threat, extremely good at the MK ditto, and also extremely good vs Marth and Olimar. IMO one of the top 3 MKs in the country right now. He's a threat to anyone, pretty much. He's beaten Ally. He's definitely an extremely valuable player to put on the crew.

Other people that I think should be on:

Dabuz/Rich - IMHO they're both at about the same level. I might give Dabuz the edge, because I previously thought that Dabuz was better at every MU except Falco/Marth/MK, but recently Dabuz has shown some strength in the MK MU, taking out Mew2king when he went to Texas. Rich might be a bit more useful for crews though, because of Marth's existence on the opposing team, as well as a Falco or two. Thing is, Rich has shown a weakness to ICs, and Ally and Kakera both use ICs.

ESAM - Nobody on the world team knows the Pikachu matchup. Combined with the fact that ESAM is a fantastic player in general, he should (imo) be a shoe-in for this team. He's beaten Ally more than once, and he's recently beaten Mew2king (showing that he definitely has a ridiculous amount of experience in the MK MU). He's also taken a set from MikeHAZE iirc, and various sets from Kadaj (although those sets were close).

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
1. Mew2King
2. Gnes
3. ADHD
4. DEHF
5. ANTi
6. Razer
7. Dabuz
8. Vinnie
9. mikeHAZE
10. Tyrant

Perfect crew / impossible to beat.

zmx

Smash Lord
Am I the only one that finds it sort of both funny and sad that people haven't been mentioning Havok (the supposed Crew Captain of this team) as a candidate?

Vinnie

Smash Master
Am I the only one that finds it sort of both funny and sad that people haven't been mentioning Havok (the supposed Crew Captain of this team) as a candidate?
Havok is an extremely good player but if we need a MK, we have better options (Tyrant/ANTi/Mew2king). If we need a Snake, we have better options (Razer/Fatal). His Marth isn't in practice (from what I've heard). I wouldn't be shocked to see him suggested, but IMO we could have better picks (no offense to him of course).

zmx

Smash Lord
Well then he's not much of a crew captain if he's not going to be in it. More of a coach.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Let's pick a ganon, so we can use him when he doesn't have to play any other ****ing character. Think.

Mekos please, don't try to act like a smart guy. You're a simple fanboy who thinks he's good at teams because he likes to jump away all the time. Although you have some talent going for you, most of your success is related to your crappy, though unknown character. Which brings me to my next point, you completely lack intellectual capability. Let me refer to a recent example. You claim FOW has a winning record against MikeHAZE, a west coast Marth player, widely considered the best Marth in the USA. However, considering metagame differences, there's no logical reason to think a winning record against a defensive Marth from the west coast has any relevance when playing against a smarter, more aggressive Marth from Europe. To repeat your statement, which indeed had some relevance, although not in the right context: think.
Okay I can see yer sightly mad. I'm not gonna fire any shots back but u missed my point. My main point is that he could fight in the crew battle against someone other than Mr. R. Yer acting like him being on the team means he has to fight Mr. R. Yer taking to much theory into account with failing to realize that smash is a mental game.
It's not all "This character will always beat this character". That's why earlier I stated I feel players who play by reading their opponents habits would be best. Cuz people who play like that the match ups is less of a factor. In the end it would be Havok's job as coach to make good matchup decisions.

And obviously a ness would be a sub. But it's whatever, just my opinion

zmx

Smash Lord
If only there was more time. You guys could have mid tier crews.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Havok is an extremely good player but if we need a MK, we have better options (Tyrant/ANTi/Mew2king). If we need a Snake, we have better options (Razer/Fatal). His Marth isn't in practice (from what I've heard). I wouldn't be shocked to see him suggested, but IMO we could have better picks (no offense to him of course).
One of havoks strengths as a player is to be able to use a top snake and a top metaknight to adapt to a situation, in the MLG season he also had a top marth that won him sets vs candy and Ally.

Unfortunately crews are not sets.

I think havok would be a "solid" crew choice, his playstyles pretty consistent and he's obviously a top player.
Although havok might be better than razer at the olimar and marth match ups as snake.

He's also like the best metakight in the world at the marth match up.

Havoks an option that should defintely be considered.

It might also be prudent to look at who we know is basically shoed in and then decide the remaining players based on that.

1. M2K
2. DEHF
3. ESAM (?, I think this was basically agreed)
4. Tyrant/anti (I think together they are agreed a shoe in? even if one isn't used?)
5. Gnes

So thats still 3 team slots +1 second)

thats left us with
Dabuz/rich (I don't think the crew will put both on)

Dabuz has been shown to be better against ice climbers in general, where as Rich has been beating mike lately ( I believe this is considered the distinction?)

Vinnie- IC's- what match up coverage do you feel like you bring to the table? I think your defintely a pick but I'm just wondering

Top snake/ razer/fatal/maybe havok? Ice climbers?

Mikehaze? If mike haze is put on the crew I don't think him countering ally should be the primary reasoning, he also took 5 stocks in crews at G2 and got the crowed on his side Mike can work really well with momentum.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Black knight you're right. I was kinda ignorant when I said that. Havok only really loses to 3 people. Socal people would be better in the crew anyway. They're all good vs marth/mk/falco!

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
1. Mew2King :metaknight:
US Captain. Hype for when he takes his throne back from Ally as #1 Brawl Player!

2. Gnes :diddy:
Solid player

3. ADHD :diddy:
Solid player as well.

4. ANTI / Tyrant :metaknight:
American MK's as a whole overwhelm the World's MK's so I think having additions MetaKnights help. Undecided as which one. ANTI is great but a lot of people are saying Tyrant is great against the WC

5. DEHF :falco:
Wins over Brood. Not much else I can point out. Seen very little of him.

6. Dabuz/RichBrown :olimar:

Both solid Olimar's. Just like the ANIT/Tyrant spot I'm not sure who to pick. Thought this time is I don't know who would fair better against the WC. I've only heard of the Dabuz recently due to the 100$ MM but RichBrown has been the #1 Olimar for a while. Again, not sure who I would pick. I know very little about who is better.

7. Vinnie :popo:/:gw:

Was solid match up coverage on multiple characters, he is a very solid player from the East Coast. Beats up FL and beats up NJ/NY.

8. ESAM :pikachu2:

I don't understand why people debate on whether ESAM should be on this list or not. ESAM has experience with a lot of the character on top of the tier list. Before moving to NC, he constantly played with some of the best FL players that has helped make him strong against many different characters. (MK, Snake, Falco) He can hold his own against top tiers. If the World team really has a lack of knowledge with the Pikachu match up, then it is something to consider.

9. Razer :snake:
#1 Snake which is a solid character to have on a Crew team.

10. mikeHAZE :marth:
Marth can overwhelm most of the roster so having a solid Marth isn't a bad idea.

Another person I am surprised hasn't been mentioned to be on this team is Trela :lucario:
Isn't one of Lucario's strongest mechanic that he gets stronger the more behind he is in a match?
If it counts being behind by stocks I would think Lucario would be a good pick.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Black knight you're right. I was kinda ignorant when I said that. Havok only really loses to 3 people. Socal people would be better in the crew anyway. They're all good vs marth/mk/falco!
I didn't really even disagree with you -_-

You said you wouldn't be shocked to see Havok suggested.

So I throught out why he would be a potential canidate...
we have like a month to decide, it doesn't hurt to be thorough. My list isn't really any different from yours or anyone elses.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Make the crew all MK, we'll **** them easy.
lolol I guess huh Larry.

I just want to warn u all. Some people actually do get better at things in life.
For example, yall keep saying Larry beats brood. I wouldn't be surprised if Brood has gotten better. Don't sleep on that.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I agree with mekos. Making player assessments based on the past could prove to be a fatal mistake. One's evaluation should be as realistic and flexible as the specified player's capability to improve.

That being said, Larry is still by far one of the smarter choices against Brood/Olimar, but I wouldn't necessarily call it an easy win by any means. Let's see what the World's players bring to the table.

:phone:

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
lolol I guess huh Larry.

I just want to warn u all. Some people actually do get better at things in life.
For example, yall keep saying Larry beats brood. I wouldn't be surprised if Brood has gotten better. Don't sleep on that.
I agree with you.

That being said, I still think we should all go MK. Don't worry guys, my MK probably does better vs Olimar than my Falco. :awesome:

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Another person I am surprised hasn't been mentioned to be on this team is Trela :lucario:
Isn't one of Lucario's strongest mechanic that he gets stronger the more behind he is in a match?
If it counts being behind by stocks I would think Lucario would be a good pick.
Junebug or Trela (for Kakera's ICs?)
Imo the crew should be
6)June/Trela

4: Junebug/Trela (Lucario in crews is amazing)
My gut reaction to this is
anti/junebug/trela/havok/adhd/chibo
I feel like Mew2king, ANTi, ESAM(OOC doesn't know Pikachu, and he's good vs Ally), junebug/trela, and DEHF MUST be in. I also feel like I should be in, but I'm not going to force it. If you guys don't think like I could do it, or would rather pick a player that you think would be more suitable, you could pick someone else, I don't mind. It looks like I've been on most/all lists though.
4. Trela/JuneBug - Either 1 will do the job hell flip a coin or rock paper scissors
7. Junebug
Junebug/Trela

Yeah more trela/junebug votes

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
put X in there. No one would know what to do against his sonic.
Not sure about Europe, but Japan has Masha, and he plays just like X.
Needless to say, they'll know exactly how to deal with X's playstyle. :applejack:

-MAC- Miguel

Smash Cadet
OPTIONS are :

:metaknight:
M2K
ANTI
TYRANT
ZEX (I don't know if ZEX from NorCal is going but his Genesis 2 performance speaks for itself)
TEARBEAR (has significantly improved in the past few months and beats olimars for a living)

:falco:
DEHF (Even his MK is better than Tyrants IMO from when they dittoed like a month ago) ;)

:olimar:
DABUZ/RICHBROWN

:diddy:
GNES/ADHD

:snake:
RAZER

:pikachu:
ESAM (Esam is a must amongst the competition such a wild card)

:lucario:
TRELA (Best Lucario is a must in a crew battle)

:popo:
VINNIE (How can we not have Icey's in a crew battle)

I am pretty sure all of these players have earned their place to be on my list in regards to playing on a national scale.(lol even though my list kinda looks like everyone else list on these pages...) Just depends on who is willing to play and who is attending.

U-S-A FTW!!!

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Aight going Wario on X.
jokes on you, those are AIDS needles that you just ate, not just blue spikes.
Not sure about Europe, but Japan has Masha, and he plays just like X.
Needless to say, they'll know exactly how to deal with X's playstyle. :applejack:
lol masha is garbz, this post is jus blatant self-advertising.

dude X is a better choice than espy, why? because itd be really gay to be represented by a ******, notsolittle bronie.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Saying DEHF's MK is better than Tyrant's is a long shot although its your opinion. No one is going to trust in his MK off that though. Zex's performance at Genesis was a one time thing from what I've seen. Can't put him on after one great performance.

I would agree and say Trela over Junebug as people claim June is rusty and Trela has been very consistent and in practice recently.

Id say Dabuz over RB cause of recent performance. ADHD was ****** in the Genesis crew battle so although people are against him being on I still think it was just an unfortunate mistake and he'd do better next time......but Gnes is also a very high level Diddy so let's use him instead lol!

Id group Mikehaze, Tearbear, and Nairo all in the same category.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
ADHD my boy...but Gnes would probably "Care" more. And u want people on the crew who actually wanna be on the crew. ADHD didn't care about the genesis crew. If he doesn't care about this one then he shouldn't be on the team. Gnes should be over him imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom