• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX USA Crew - Get at me bro

Status
Not open for further replies.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Few things:

First off, to those that supported me and will continue to do so, thank you! It's honor to be USA Crew Captain :)

I have a slight idea of who I'm going to be picking based on observations and results I've been looking at that follow a certain criteria:

1. Players that are suited to adapt quicker than others.
2. Players that are well rounded.
3. Players with consistent styles.

1. Mew2King

This thread isn't just to pick people but a community effort to help us win the actual crew battle (and apex as well)... (WILL CONTINUE THIS TOMORROW I have work in the morn lol.)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
LOL AM I REALLY the ONLY GUARANTEED PERSON

that's so funny

anyway this is honestly what I think...

definitely use the below 5 players:
me
anti (if he feels like it)
gnes (he's proven himself to be the best player to use from TX)
DEHF (for olimars)
Junebug or Trela (for Kakera's ICs?)

one of the 3 below:
nairo sometimes depends how he's playing
dojo sometimes
tyrant sometimes (idk who's the best between nairo dojo and tyrant it depends the MU I think)

2 or 3 of the below players:
adhd maybe (but he's a bit rusty and he choked last time but he's a very skilled player when he tries but again i think he is a little out of practice atm)
esam maybe (idk who he'd fight though)
razer maybe
dabuz (a good pick imo)
vinnie (another good pick imo)
mikehaze (good vs ally?)

that list should get you guys started pretty strong. Idk which 8 you'd exactly want. Idc if I'm unused either.

something along these lines anyway.

My opinion is the top 5 I named at the top of the list, with Dabuz, Vinnie, and Mikehaze are my best guesses in addition to them
and then either one of the 3 MKs or adhd/esam/razer as alts or someone for the list.

so there's your list

1) me (idc if i enter though)
2) anti (he doesn't care)
3) DEHF (***** olimar)
4) Junebug or Trela (***** ICs and lucario is good in crews)
5) Gnes
6) Dabuz
7) Vinnie
8) Mikehaze

with those 6 alts (any of the 3 mks, or esam/razer/adhd... of them I'd say most likely adhd or one of the 3 MKs), unless you guys or any of them disagree slightly with that, but I think this is about as solid as it gets.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I would put Esam in over Mikehaze. EU and Japan doesn't know **** about Pikachu, so Esam would be much more of a challenge for them.

Tyrant would be the best MK to use out of nairo/tyrant/dojo. IMO dojo isn't on Tyrant's level and dojo plays closest to the Japanese MKs. Nairo is a bit rusty from not entering anything and I feel that Tyrant is a bit stronger than Nairo.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Although I really don't think US crew will beat the combined forces of some of Japan's best, Canada's best and Mr-R I'd like it to be a close, exciting battle so with all the useless knowledge I have on international people I might be of some help to you, if you don't mind.

:059:

Mr-R

Smash Champion
LMAO you serious Jason ? we're gonna win this with at least 5 stocks left

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
lol why would I troll about this. I think US crew has much less room for errors / bad decisions than international does and by skill you're about even, assuming Rain goes Falco and Kakera goes ICs.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Who does international have? I think international is at a disadvantage because they only get to choose from the players that are going to attend (some of the players aren't really strong)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Brood, Nietono, Rain, Kakera, Otori, Ocean from Japan
Mr-R from EU
Ally + possibly Holy from Canada

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
the reason why the USA crew is inherently better is because we have inherently better metaknights.

/discussion

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Who is most likely going to be in the world crew? Glutonny, Mr-R, Leon, Brood, Nietono, Rain, Kakera...

Me, Tyrant, and maybe Tearbear should be in the crew for sure.

I should ideally be used for one of the Olimars, but I'm confident I'd do well vs anyone except for Kakera.

Tyrant ***** Marth, is probably one of the best MK players in the Olimar match up, ***** Wario, and would do well vs Rain's Falco. If we're going to have only two MK players on the crew, I'd put him over Anti.

Terry would pretty much be the same as Tyrant, except he'd probably is better at the Snake match up. I think he'd probably be the best MK for the job for beating Ally's Snake, besides M2K and assuming Ally even goes Snake.

Who would we use Mike for besides Ally? If he's going to be used for only one person I wouldn't put him on the crew, we have a lot of players who can beat Ally.

Imo the crew should be
1)M2K
2)Me
3)Tyrant
4)Dabuz/Rich
5)Gnes
6)June/Trela
7)Vinnie
8)Tearbear/ADHD/Esam/Razer

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Who is most likely going to be in the world crew? Glutonny, Mr-R, Leon, Brood, Nietono, Rain, Kakera...

Me, Tyrant, and maybe Tearbear should be in the crew for sure.

I should ideally be used for one of the Olimars, but I'm confident I'd do well vs anyone except for Kakera.

Tyrant ***** Marth, is probably one of the best MK players in the Olimar match up, ***** Wario, and would do well vs Rain's Falco. If we're going to have only two MK players on the crew, I'd put him over Anti.

Terry would pretty much be the same as Tyrant, except he'd probably is better at the Snake match up. I think he'd probably be the best MK for the job for beating Ally's Snake, besides M2K and assuming Ally even goes Snake.

Who would we use Mike for besides Ally? If he's going to be used for only one person I wouldn't put him on the crew, we have a lot of players who can beat Ally.

Imo the crew should be
1)M2K
2)Me
3)Tyrant
4)Dabuz/Rich
5)Gnes
6)June/Trela
7)Vinnie
8)Tearbear/ADHD/Esam/Razer
tearbears style is also extremely gay and consistent for the most part.

Then only problem is ice climbers on the world crew, as experience serves tyrant has a losing record against top ice climbers (correct me if I'm wrong). Outside of ic's theres no character on the world crew that socal has had problems with so its probably fair to say tyrant won't have issues

The only character iirc ally has winning record vs esam with is ice climbers. I would put esam over terry simply because who the **** on the world has played pikachu except ally LOL.

I agree, we don't need mike to beat ally, I don't really see why it would be considered Mike shoe in. the only person eliglble for the US crew thats never beaten ally is anti.

I don't see snake being patiucalry useful in the US crew either, theres no diddys. I suppose I could see it for ice climbers though. Someone could just have vinnie or esam ditto ic's or send in lucario. But I suppose it really depends on the structure of the crew.

I would put it as

Lead off with ice climbers or metaknight- I think the only character world has that solidly cps them is maybe holy's rob? but thats an awfully big risk to take if US decided to just send in one of the top metaknights.

Starting with m2k is arguably risky vs olimar, and I am not familar to what extend m2k knows the ic's mu. I would simply have to ask m2k about how confident he feels in those sitautions.

Dabuz tyrant/anti/terry Gnes m2k are the "fillers". These are the people who will probably take stocks reliably even if it is a trade.

The counterpicks/gimmicks are you (dehf), esam, and whoever USA puts in as lucario.

The only issue I see with lucario is setting up the crews gimmick, I don't think world has any characters lucario outright beats, so getting the set up could be difficult. However I think Junebug and Trela are obviously good choice regardless.

I think Esam should be in though, you either get top pikachu which could easily abuse lack of mu knowledge or we get ice climbers on a neutral.

You could also save m2k and have him auto ditto the first metaknight sent in the crew.
So I'd put it as

1. M2k
2. second top metaknight
3. DEHF
4. Gnes
5. Dabuz
6. Esam
7. Top lucario
8. vinnie maybe third top metaknight/ maybe top snake (havok, razer ,fatal).

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You guys should probably work on a list of 10 just so you don't get torn on who to cut. Even though it's 8v8, each crew can have two alternates, and I feel like the USA crew benefits the most from this since it's got such a deep pool to choose from for this.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I feel that vinnie would be a good pick to have vs. ally. Last time they fought, Vinnie handled ally really well. Even though it was MK banned, I think ally will prefer to go snake instead of MK against vinnie/ overall in crews.

Anti is the best against fighting olimar, PERIOD! He wrecked brood & RB, and knows the character inside and out from fighting me a helluva lot and using the character himself. He is also strong against ics because im pretty sure he practices vs vinnie a lot (Vinnie, when you read this, can you C/D that?) In every other MU except the MK ditto, anti handles himself superbly well, Anti's mk ditto skill isn't quite as good though.

Tyrant on the other hand is slightly below anti in all MUs except the Marth MU, but depending on how comfortable everyone else feels about fighting marth, that might be more important.

1: m2k (obvious reasons)
2: Gnes (Obvious reasons)
3: Esam (His pikachu will body people who don't know what to do, afaik all of world crew)
4: Junebug/Trela (Lucario in crews is amazing)
5: myself (RB hasn't been in practice lately. I have a very good handle on every MU we might see aside from marth.)
6: Vinnie (Knows the Olimar MU, very solid choice against Ally, His ics is different from anything international could expect AND he has a G&W if we need it. I don't think international has any high level G&Ws)
7: Anti/ Tyrant (Comparisons explained above)
8: DEHF (Olimar/ Marth slayer)

Subs should be anti/Tyrant and Razer (Semi-Aggro snake, international don't know about that)

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
@Dabuz Rich not attending tournaments doesn't mean he's out of practice, he's just as good as now if not better. I think deciding between you or Rich will probably come down to who is better vs MK since you both do better than the other in different match ups.

Tyrant would probably do just as well vs Olimar as Anti, I still don't see why we should even consider putting him over Tyrant. There's no one in the world crew that Tyrant wouldn't be able to beat, whereas Anti would probably lose to Mr-R or Ally.

I agree that Vinnie would do really well in the crew, the only thing I would be worried about is how he would do vs the Japanese MK players. They might play the match up better than US MK players, I think Vinnie might do better overall if he used his GaW.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
My gut reaction to this is

m2k
dabuz
gnes
haze
dehf
esam
tyrant
anti/junebug/trela/havok/adhd/chibo

:p

:phone:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
M2K
Gnes
Dabuz
Tyrant
Anti
DEHF
ESAM
Trela

Alts: Ultimate Razer, Vinnie

Other possible alts: ADHD, Tearbear

Vinnie

Smash Master
ANTi will beat the Olimars. He 2-0'd brood last time. He understands Olimar extremely well from what I've seen. We have to watch out for mr r and ally if we put him in, but he's going to body everyone else on their team... especially since their team consists of a lot of MKs. He's also really good vs ICs now, in case kakera chooses to use them vs him.

I feel like Mew2king, ANTi, ESAM(OOC doesn't know Pikachu, and he's good vs Ally), junebug/trela, and DEHF MUST be in. I also feel like I should be in, but I'm not going to force it. If you guys don't think like I could do it, or would rather pick a player that you think would be more suitable, you could pick someone else, I don't mind. It looks like I've been on most/all lists though.

Dr.Brawl

Smash Ace
Do we know the World Crew yet?

Anyways who I would like to see on the USA Crew
1. M2k
2. tyrant
3. Razer
4. Gnes
5. Dehf
6. Tearbear
7. Trela
8. Dabuz

I know my list really isn't helping but...
Alternates
Esam- I dunno I figure that, even though he is extremely talented, it'll just feel like a gimmick to OOC. They could just adapt and win.
San- I think he did well on the crew last year, but again it just may appear as a gimmick.
ADHD- Might be rusty.
Vinnie- He's an extremely talented player, beat ally's snake at Concentrate. Doubt ally will go snake though. I think he beat M2k recently too.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
There's ONE thing the japanese have NOOOOO idea how to handle. And I mean no idea...

Anyways...

Mike, why can't you go?

And Elliot and Top Ramin...

Wanna put $10 good ol' American Dollars on the line? And agree on chars now?

ESAM isn't gimmicky and I think he's solid pick. Vinnie, I think you've proven more than your worth.

There's already some shoe-ins in my mind...taking into consideration who World will be having in their crew.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
There's ONE thing the japanese have NOOOOO idea how to handle. And I mean no idea...

Anyways...

Mike, why can't you go?

And Elliot and Top Ramin...

Wanna put $10 good ol' American Dollars on the line? And agree on chars now?

ESAM isn't gimmicky and I think he's solid pick. Vinnie, I think you've proven more than your worth.

There's already some shoe-ins in my mind...taking into consideration who World will be having in their crew.
You mean like 10$ each for crew? I don't think Japanese will do that.

And I won't have a list till end of december lol

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
ANTi will beat the Olimars. He 2-0'd brood last time. He understands Olimar extremely well from what I've seen. We have to watch out for mr r and ally if we put him in, but he's going to body everyone else on their team... especially since their team consists of a lot of MKs. He's also really good vs ICs now, in case kakera chooses to use them vs him.

I feel like Mew2king, ANTi, ESAM(OOC doesn't know Pikachu, and he's good vs Ally), junebug/trela, and DEHF MUST be in. I also feel like I should be in, but I'm not going to force it. If you guys don't think like I could do it, or would rather pick a player that you think would be more suitable, you could pick someone else, I don't mind. It looks like I've been on most/all lists though.

@ dabuz I wouldn't call DEHF a "marth slayer" he doesn't have a 30+ wins to 2 set loses on top marths, I would say he knows the match up though.

anti is a better choice than tyrant if world already used Mr R, it really depends on whose left in the line up.

I think having them both 1 as an alt and 1 in is probably the safest. Tearbear is a "safe pick" vs probably just about anyone, but I don't know how much crew battles are really looking for consitency.

I think having an ice climbers in the crew is a strong decision as well, so I think if the plan is to let esam go pika vinnie should b ein

stingers

Smash Obsessed
before we decide whos on our crew we should really look at whos gonna be on theirs...

ally
mr. r
brood
kakera
nietono
rain

those 6 are shoe-ins from what I know, the rest would be filled from below based on who's currently registered:
Ocean
Otori
VVV Zero
Blub
Holy

no clue who's better than who there.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
The 8th will be either holy (if they want to abuse the fact that no one knows how to fight rob) or vVv zero if they want another MK on their team

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Holy's a better pick because he could go metaknight and avoid a stupid CP on rob if the sitaution came to.

Its also pretty irelevant from our point of view who they pick if they plan on using rob.

the USA crew doesn't really have any characters that get metaknight ***** either, so even if they picked holy I don't think USA would have to worry about a hard CP.

Havok what do you as USA captain feels the United States needs to be prepared for against the world? It seems everyone has stated their opinion but you haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom