• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX USA Crew - Get at me bro

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ocean is better vs MK than Holy [as ROB] but I'd still pick Holy over Ocean because he's guaranteed to do well vs Vinnie ICs

:059:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
So 9B isn't coming?
And I doubt you guys should put in Vinnie. I mean, don't get me wrong, he's a fantastic player and everything, but I have a feeling that he's going to get wrecked by any japanese players, seeing as how Japan has (arguably) better ICs mains, and therefore do better against ICs.
Of course, if you can manage to arrange that Vinnie plays only against Ally/other non-Japanese players, then by all means.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
We raised enough money, i'll be at apex. Thanks to everyone who helped out, i'm unbelievably happy
tight.

I also think its shortsided not to use vinnie because japanese players know a match up. Thats like saying WC shouldn't have sent in tyrant vs m2k because m2k knows the match up, if the mu is basically even(it is neutals only iirc) and vinnie knows the match up then the better player will win. Its only really an issue if someone knows the match up and its their characters favor, because I highly doubt havok would put any player in a situation they weren't knowledgeable about, we get america's BEST players on ONE crew, thats a LOT of talent.

Vega4

Smash Ace
The 8th will be either holy (if they want to abuse the fact that no one knows how to fight rob) or vVv zero if they want another MK on their team
Before chosing 8th player from world crew, you should give a chance to southamerican players. Zero is best MK from Chile, and also is going to be there Tkila, best Olimar from Colombia. Ally should at least give them a chance and see their skills in friendlies, maybe they could be an option.

Btw, I'm not sure if ADHD didn't do it too well last time he was in top crews (Genesis2 maybe? I'm not sure if they had crews there... but I remember ADHD vs Mikehaze), but he is probably best Diddy in the world (Gnes is the only one close to him), so I find a little hard to understand why all people is not considering him as a solid option for this Crews. You make it look like he isn't even a real option xD
I know you already has Gnes in the crews (that's what it looks like), but one more top Diddy would be a great option because in Japan the really don't have Diddys of Wyatt and Gnes level (Nagahari is good, and he can do that infinite, but he is not as good as ADHD and Gnes). Diddy also do it pretty well vs Olimar, Falco (Rain knows it) and IC's. And also, ADHD is a good option vs Ally... (I think that they are pretty close in their record vs each other).

B_AWAL

Smash Master
LOL AM I REALLY the ONLY GUARANTEED PERSON
Yes M2K... u dont have 2 be so modest

1. M2K - DUH
2. DEHF - DUH
3. MikeHaze - 4 Ally
4. Trela/JuneBug - Either 1 will do the job hell flip a coin or rock paper scissors
5. Gnes/Adhd - Once again... either 1 will do the job
6. ESAM - DUH
7. Anti - He's black :-3
8. Dabuz - DUH
9. Tearbear - Did u see this ***** @ LSC???
10. Razer - We need to hit em wit our snake :-)

Actually I think we should also pick ppl based on regional talent to make it fair 2 properly rep the USA

I mean obviously M2K, DEHF, Gnes & ADHD have all won majors... so they immediately earned the right to play. But we only NEED 1 Diddy Kong...

Trela & Junebug are just ****ing AMAZING but I think we should go with Junebug since he's from MD/VA n we will already have like 2-3 ppl from TX

ESAM reps FL n basically the whole South Atlantic Region

Anti is part of the BEST Scene in the nation... Isn't Dabuz from there 2?

Tearbear & MikeHaze R from WC right? Him n DEHF make 2 from there

Razer of course would make it 1/2/3 from TX depending on if Trela or Gnes play

:sonic:

SN: 2 bad we wont put any Sonic's in there :-/ Espy or _X_ wud put in WORK!!!

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Wait... How often do you travel anymore?

U DEF shud b considered! Especially since ur back 2 Wario now...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I sometimes think there should be mid-tier crews too as we have so many good mid tier mains coming as well.

zmx

Smash Lord
Just thought I'd point something out. A lot of the best international players will NOT be attending this event. But just about every top USA player will be.

So even if USA wins it really doesn't prove much.

Either way, go international! Humble the US.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
@ZMX

the only time there was a big tourney outside of the US(Or Canada) where ppl from US SHOULD travel 2 a big natural disaster happen... Not our fault

N yes... We do believe we run the world

(I'm kidding :-) )

Plus it'll b interesting to see this crew battle

zmx

Smash Lord
Definitively. I just hope it isn't completely dominated by MK dittos.

And may I ask why there are 8 players per team? Why not a bit more so we can see a more diverse character roster?

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Before chosing 8th player from world crew, you should give a chance to southamerican players. Zero is best MK from Chile, and also is going to be there Tkila, best Olimar from Colombia. Ally should at least give them a chance and see their skills in friendlies, maybe they could be an option.

Btw, I'm not sure if ADHD didn't do it too well last time he was in top crews (Genesis2 maybe? I'm not sure if they had crews there... but I remember ADHD vs Mikehaze), but he is probably best Diddy in the world (Gnes is the only one close to him), so I find a little hard to understand why all people is not considering him as a solid option for this Crews. You make it look like he isn't even a real option xD
I know you already has Gnes in the crews (that's what it looks like), but one more top Diddy would be a great option because in Japan the really don't have Diddys of Wyatt and Gnes level (Nagahari is good, and he can do that infinite, but he is not as good as ADHD and Gnes). Diddy also do it pretty well vs Olimar, Falco (Rain knows it) and IC's. And also, ADHD is a good option vs Ally... (I think that they are pretty close in their record vs each other).
I'm def giving them a chance if we have time.. But nah my record vs ADHD is pretty high.

Am I too bad to consider?
Yes o.O jkinz

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Definitively. I just hope it isn't completely dominated by MK dittos.

And may I ask why there are 8 players per team? Why not a bit more so we can see a more diverse character roster?
If anything I would agree but only say 10 vs 10 w/ 3 alts

but then again how many of the rest of the worlds BEST players will actually b@ APEX?

M2K, Tyrant, Tearbear, Anti ... ONLY 4 MK's lol and if anything only 3 will be in it

MikeHaze - Marth
Trela/Junebug - Lucario
Gnes/ADHD - Diddy Kong
ESAM - Pikachu
Razer - Snake
Dabuz - Olimar
Vinne - G&W

Looks pretty diverse 2 me... 4 MK's @ Max & 7 other characters out of 9 other options

U gotta bet ur *** #teamWORLD is gonna have @ least 2-4 MK's

Player-1

Smash Legend
IMO US crew should be:
Player-1
Kismet
Reflex
Billy
Micaelis
4God
DRN
and I GUESS m2k can be on here or something

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Just thought I'd point something out. A lot of the best international players will NOT be attending this event. But just about every top USA player will be.

So even if USA wins it really doesn't prove much.

Either way, go international! Humble the US.
SMH ... all of Japan and most of europe is going to this.

Leon is not going cause he is a whimp and quit

Gluttony has school

Mr-R / Orion and others are coming down

Not to mention South America and Canada

silly comments like this irk me sorry for being harsh.

AllyKnight

Gluttony has school

Cept you kept hyping up players that weren't even confirmed to go since the beginning and made fake hype. Gluttony never confirmed he was going 100%, yet you put him in the title as if he was going. Same for vVv Zero, dude's trying hard to go but he's NOT close to 100% confirmed.

Honestly I'm losing my motivation for the crew battle, I might not even do it.

We have potentially 4-5 Japanese that will be used, Mr R, Me or Holy or TO joe. that's really it. Might as well just call it Japan vs U.S.A

Point is, I think his silly comments are just as silly as your fake or 'unguaranteed' hype >.> (Even though I know you're trying hardcore and I admire that effort)

But at this rate I might bail out of crews.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
If you bail out it shows a real side I did not expect from you elliot.

Its not my fault they tell me they are going and then back out.

Zero had issues that came up last min and so did Gluttony. Everyone else that said they were going ARE. Leon is a whole other story since you can blame Ramin for beating his *** too hard.

I am sorry that this is not up to your standards ( whatever they are ) but I think this will be a great Crew Battle and you backing out is probably something you shouldnt do. So what if 4 are Japan? I am trying to get others like TKD to come but beyond that this is a really good world team.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
seriously that ^
i hope you're just stressing over finals or something lol...
cuz that was some uncalled for ***** ****.

V1CE

Smash Champion
1. M2K
2. Esam
3. Anti
4. Dabuz
5. Vinnie
6. DEHF
7. Junebug
8. Coney
9. MikeHaze
10. GNES

Backups

Tyrant
UltimateRazer
Havok
ADHD
RichBrown
Shugo
Neo
Lain
Tearbear
Atomsk or Will

A good DDD should be in the main linup... he can be a hard counter to some people and then get hard countered by falco or olimar.... thats when u send in vinnie or esam or lain or something...

zmx

Smash Lord

Gluttony has school

9B isn't coming either and he's arguably the best ice climbers player in the world. That's just one example.

And please, who are you to judge an entire country and say their best must be coming just to make yourself feel better? Do you know every talented player in Japan/Europe? Have you even considered not every good player is hyped, recorded and plastered all over youtube?

Suppose in a Japan tourny 5 USA players went. Now imagine USA lost. Are you going to claim the US only has 5 top level players? The others just weren't good enough to come instead of you know, personal obligations/financial issues or they simply didn't want to come? Therefore Japan>>>USA?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
9b was never going to come he is poor as hell. That is why I dont mention him.

I do not know who will win nor do I really care. It is silly though, to not realize the potential hype and excitement for this event. This is a chance to see a great couple of matches and to help build hype for sponsors and help our future.

It is very upsetting people do not see the bigger picture of this.

IDK what to say about knowing who the best are...what does that have to do with me saying a lot of good players are coming lol

zmx

Smash Lord
Except you didn't say "good players are coming". You said all of Japan is coming. So basically you're saying if they lose, that's all they had to offer and it proves the US is superior.

Of course this will be an exciting and hype event. I'm looking forward to seeing it on stream as much as anyone else. Just don't think it will prove anything.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Uh did I say it will prove anything I just feel that a lot of Japan's strongest players are coming. I know this cause I look at their results.

I think people still don't see why this is important but meh people do not see what can be only what is.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Um all I know is my boy Anti better be on the squad :) The dude is a beast and def. plays by reading habits. I think between the top players picked should be the ones who are able to do this really well.
People off the top of my head who I sense are doing this are:
1. Anti
2. Gnes
3. Esam
4. Larry

I def think those four should be on the team.

Oh yea and have yall forgot about my boy Fow! Wth! Fow needs to be on this team!

Coney

Smash Master
1. M2K
2. Esam
3. Anti
4. Dabuz
5. Vinnie
6. DEHF
7. Junebug
8. Coney
9. MikeHaze
10. GNES

Backups

Tyrant
UltimateRazer
Havok
ADHD
RichBrown
Shugo
Neo
Lain
Tearbear
Atomsk or Will

A good DDD should be in the main linup... he can be a hard counter to some people and then get hard countered by falco or olimar.... thats when u send in vinnie or esam or lain or something...
HERE HERE

PUT ME IN COACH

no but for real ddd is most likely a bad idea; i'm guessing their lineup will be mks, falcos, some olimars...having me on is too much of a gamble for something like this

though i'd love nothing more to be considered, put me in for that novelty status imo

Tink

Smash Hero
rofllllll.....brawl players bashing strife....dudes a boss 0_o....this aint plank here.

im looking forward to a really hype crew battle...hopefully international gets into it and isnt a let down.
usa all the way!

Doser

Smash Ace
Except you didn't say "good players are coming". You said all of Japan is coming. So basically you're saying if they lose, that's all they had to offer and it proves the US is superior.

Of course this will be an exciting and hype event. I'm looking forward to seeing it on stream as much as anyone else. Just don't think it will prove anything.
Since when do crew battles decide anything except for who won the crew battle? You seem to be projecting your fears that whoever wins will be deemed the best region.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Since when do crew battles decide anything except for who won the crew battle? You seem to be projecting your fears that whoever wins will be deemed the best region.
This!
We're getting some awesome matches and still people find things to ***** about. lol Just sit back and enjoy the show. This will be hype. :)

ps. Put Razer in!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
^ My sentiments exactly. People need to chill the **** out and just have a good time.

Ally, none of that shy or Debbie downer nonsense, just get your *** in that crew battle and enjoy the competition man. You're in a position that MANY of us would love to be in, don't just take it for granted like that.

:phone:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Crew battles tend to have a home field advantage.. that's a given :| with the crowd and distance needed to travel

B_AWAL

Smash Master
1st off.... THIS **** IS IN AMERICA SO OF COURSE WE HAVE AN ADVANTAGE!!!

2nd off... THIS **** IS SUPPOSED TO BE HYPED!!!

3rd off... Wen M2K Beats Ally you never hear ppl yellin out USA >>> Canada!!!

Damn chill the **** out and enjoy the show that Alex strife is puttin on 4 us!!! This Ninja giving us a gift and all ppl doin is effing so worried about a silly lil ****ing crew battle or dumb *** specifics about the way he advertises! This **** is BIGGER than that! Its about the future of the game we KNOW AND LOVE so get the **** out ya ***hole and start being a man n **** sum pu$$y!(Yes Ally I kno u get pu$$y its jus a figure of speech) Enjoy the event! Make the best crew that you can make and at least TRY to motivate more ppl from your respective countries and regions to COME! And whoever CANT come make theme WISH they could have!

ie - Me :-(

AllyKnight

Honestly I'm not going to argue with you John because it's not what I'm here for. But when I see The World options and then I see the U.S. It's like ****, I'd rather not lose a crew battle with 15 stocks remaining for them lmao. We'll see, like I said I'll wait till LAST DAY of regging to make the crew list.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I told you who is coming pretty much why do you need to wait til they reg ( since the ones I told you have bought tickets already )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom