• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Setup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Set-ups are the most important thing for any event! We are aiming for 64 full setups for each game. We cannot stress how important it is to have this event run smoothly. Here is my incentive to you.

As you know the big thing with Apex is giveaways. We are giving away art, possibly a DVD and/or sticker sets. The main thing I want to give away is that of a Nintendo 3DS. Now this is where you come in!

For everyone who brings a setup and keeps it for the entire duration of the tournament will receive a free raffle ticket for the Nintendo 3DS giveaway. Everyone who brings a Wii, GC, or TV will receive it. Now, here are the rules in order to be considered for this:
  • You have to post here and announce you are bringing a setup in full detail what you are bringing.
  • You must bring it during the warm-up period on Friday at the latest. People have a tendency to bring set=ups without posting. If you do not bring yours within that time frame (we will be reasonable if you call and say you are late but please call do not expect us to be lenient) you will not get a the raffle ticket.
  • You have to leave it for the majority of the tournament. For both events that would be for until the end of Sunday Morning. After that if you leave it that would be great but, if you do not we are well equipped to handle the event.
People may be bringing multiple setups. With that being said, your raffle will be one ticket per player. We want everyone to have a fair chance at winning. I urge you all to support the event and bring all you can to help!

Regarding security, we know that when you bring a set-up there’s always a concern for security, we are working on the best possible method to ensure security for set-ups, more info will be posted later after we define a system!

That being said a linked will be posted for a set-up thread on Smashboards soon so you can let us know! For a scheduled time for the giveaways please see here.

Please post what you will be bringing!

That is a list of what we have so far.

Thanks for helping Apex 2012 run amazing!

I'll be recording on 2 Brawl setups

Will bring 1 full setup for Brawl, 2 Full setups for Melee

M@v

Subarashii!
Should be bringing a regular setup. wii+tv. Infinite replay hack on it, so I wouldnt mind one of the hype pools being on my wii :p

All my videos go up on my youtube channel, pghmav

LLDL

Smash Hero
No hacks whatsoever allowed Mav. But you'll have to ask Alex about the inft replay.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
No hacks whatsoever allowed Mav. But you'll have to ask Alex about the inft replay.
None at all? I'd assume this includes music hacks, which are generally the only thing I leave on my SD card.

Good to know.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I don't see why codesets like allowing for 3min< replays would be not allowed. Things like textures or something that could affect gameplay would make more sense.

:rosalina:

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
well, there are reasons right now I cannot say but it's something we're trying to work on for the event

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
wait nintendo is coming? in what capacity?

Also, you should have them host a panel. You make a thread of pre-determined questions to give them when they come, pick out the best/non trolling questions, and then they can answer like a few more at the venue as well. If someone gives a troll question/rant at the venue, immediately throw them out for the rest of the tourney, just to make sure people stay civil

with that in mind, Ill bring my wii

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
We are working on a lot of things. Right now just try to avoid all hacks. For now it will be don't ask don't tell with inf replay but all others shouldn't be on.

:phone:

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Hey Alex I read yer interview on aib and it said that you got yer inspiration from MLG. Well I thought of an idea that would make Apex stream like no other smash tourney before it.

MLG has it so that sometimes you can see the match and the players faces (Their reactions while they are playing). If you ever went to any of the mlgs they had did this for tekken right next to us. I think it looks pretty cool. What do you think? If you like the idea you could talk to VGB about it since i believe they are helping with the stream probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom