• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 - Pools up in OP! - Only at the door for FGC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
im trying to register but it says i need a gamertag. is that for xbox or what?

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Usually is, but doesn't have to be. Just whatever you want to be known as at the tourney is what you put as your gamertag, it's nbd really :)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
username is what you want to use to login the site with

also I noticed an order cancellation or two. if you do one of these (plz don't :p) it will say you have an order pending I believe. I have to go through and clean these up manually, and I'll be handling the couple we have later this week.

Expect the teammate stuff and other neat things to come within 2 weeks or so.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I may be able to pay for my travel arrangements by the end of this week....or buy that car I've been wanting. Decisions...decisions....

room booked. Gotta find some peoples to put in it though.
How many people are you can you take? I have a room too but I'd rather stay in someone's room andpay X amount than to pay $560 for a room.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Since a large majority of florida are cheap people, I may have 1-2 spots open. I'll let you know later on

right now its pending dtorr and dj jack. I only want 5 max...6 if everyone votes that they want a 6th

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I megabus'd there last time, no way in hell I'm doing that again. Flightzzzz

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I always get a double bed for 2 adults because 1 adult with double bed sounds fishy as **** like. why do I as one person need 2 beds. LOL

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I always get a double bed for 2 adults because 1 adult with double bed sounds fishy as **** like. why do I as one person need 2 beds. LOL
yea i put two adults in the registration. its not any extra money for 2 people :laugh:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I like to make a fort out of them, doesn't everyone else?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
^LOL

if I don't find a teammate before Apex do I just get a refund at Apex?

I don't think I have one right now and the way it's looking nobody wants to team with me.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Guess what time it is...

GANON GAUNTLET TIME!

I'd like to formally announce that I will be hosting the Ganon Gauntlet again for APEX 2013! For those of you who missed it last year, the Ganon Gauntlet is a grueling challenge that involves putting money down to fight SEVEN of the world's top Brawl Ganondorfs IN A ROW in a series of 1-stock, 3-minute matches. If you defeat every single Ganon without losing a stock, you win the challenge!

I bet a lot of you may be saying "it's Ganondorf, just how hard can it be?"

Well, if you look at last Ganon Gauntlet, only ONE challenger survived the challenge (Seibrik), out of the 20+ that attempted. We defeated players such as Ally, Espy Kasrani, Lain, Trevonte, Delta-Cod, Hylian, and Tutu.

Do you think you can do better than them? Then prove it...or have your soul devoured in the process. :ganondorf:

I will be working on the exact details in the coming months, but ideally I would like to run the Gauntlet every day of the event, as opposed to just one day like last year--we didn't even get through half of the challengers who wanted to participate. I will work with the TOs to get better accommodations this year, so that we don't get stuck in a corner with the TV facing the wall like last year.

Despite our setbacks last year, the Gauntlet maintained a consistently high level of hype throughout the event. With proper accommodations, this year's Gauntlet will surely be spoken of in the most mighty, dreadful legends known to man.

Registration for the Ganon Gauntlet will begin day 1 of APEX, on a first-come-first-serve basis. If you think your Ganon has what it takes to be on the Ganon Gauntlet roster, send me a private message (as well as any tournament results/videos of your Ganon) and I will decide over the next few months who will be on the roster. We have room for seven on the roster, as well as up to seven substitutes. Show me your power!

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
ZSS is one of my favorite matchups. I will relish claiming your soul.

M@v

Subarashii!
awwww yeah. Definitely doing the gauntlet this year if I can make it.

Shoutouts to my picture too. I'll have to go fox on DLA just for ssbbplayer's sake.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I regularly get bodied by Ganondorfs. But I'm doing the Gauntlet anyway.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
are the room TVs HDMI only? or do they also take component

I wish the 360 was more portable I'd bring that. AE on PC may just have to do

Vwins

Smash Ace
Yes there is, though it is invitational only.

:phone:
and why is it only invitational? is it because they dont have enough time to do 4 smash tourny which would make sense but i thought after the succes PM had at FC they would do a regular tournament. I think Project M would have more succes than 64 but oh well im not the one making the tourny. And last thing, How are they going to pick the players for the invitational tourny? what kind of requirements are you gonna need to enter? I was considering coming for melee and PM if there was a PM tourny but if its only melee meh i dont know since I've been playing alot of PM lately.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'll challenge the ganon gauntlet if I don't get to play as Ganon myself. There's quite a lot of people who want in, maybe we'll have two teams if we get 14 people?

:059:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom