• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 - Pools up in OP! - Only at the door for FGC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luffy Dahean

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone, Strawhat Dahean here. I found a "cheap" flight and I think I can confirm both Overtriforce and myself this week, but we will need some help. As always, we have gathered enough money to pay the flight but we cannot afford the housing. We would arrive January 9th and leave January 14th. We need someone to pick us up from the airport and a place to sleep, we dont mind sleeping on the floor if needed. We are quiet people and we havent given our hosts any kind of problem before, we will pay our own food and stuff, we just need a place to sleep. If any of you can house us, please send me a PM as soon as possible, I fear I can lose the "cheap" offert I found if we wait too long. If we can confirm this, we would arrive at EWR - Newark Airport. We can pay you some money for housing us. Thank you and hope to see you soon :)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Everyone,

Please do not forget to register before Dec 2nd. That will be the second price increase. If you do it will go up $5. Do not be late or lazy or dumb. Register for Apex NOW.

I do not know how else to spread this word so guys it is up to you.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Hello everyone, Strawhat Dahean here. I found a "cheap" flight and I think I can confirm both Overtriforce and myself this week, but we will need some help. As always, we have gathered enough money to pay the flight but we cannot afford the housing. We would arrive January 9th and leave January 14th. We need someone to pick us up from the airport and a place to sleep, we dont mind sleeping on the floor if needed. We are quiet people and we havent given our hosts any kind of problem before, we will pay our own food and stuff, we just need a place to sleep. If any of you can house us, please send me a PM as soon as possible, I fear I can lose the "cheap" offert I found if we wait too long. If we can confirm this, we would arrive at EWR - Newark Airport. We can pay you some money for housing us. Thank you and hope to see you soon :)
just buy it dude there's low chances that people won't help you out.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Yeah just buy it, most likely someone will take you in. Anyways I MIGHT BE ABLE TO HOUSE YOU, not sure yet, but only til Sunday night :c check with others, but i can offer you this for desperate measures

Luffy Dahean

Smash Apprentice
I will get my new passport tomorrow, and probably will buy the tickets tomorrow, we have been practicing more often for this tournament... I don't want to miss this Apex, but we need housing T_T

Hope to see you all again soon :D

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
I will get my new passport tomorrow, and probably will buy the tickets tomorrow, we have been practicing more often for this tournament... I don't want to miss this Apex, but we need housing T_T

Hope to see you all again soon :D
Like we said just buy it. Chances of OoC players as good as you guys have next to no chance to be left out. Be patient with housing someone already offered to help out anyhow :p

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Right, I've been trying to organise things with the rest of the UK community, Its looking like I'm going to be the only brawler coming from the UK (for a second time in a row, sigh)
I plan on sorting out people who i know who i can stay with, but assuming this goes wrong, are there people willing to house A brit?

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
Me and sanchaz booked our tickets.
We're looking for housing or to join in on a hotel room.
Flight gets in thursday night and we fly out monday early afternoon

Also looking for transportation from EWR airport to the hotel

PM me or something.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Can't wait for this tournament, dudes! Memphis gonna wreck some kids!
Those poor kids.

Me and sanchaz booked our tickets.
We're looking for housing or to join in on a hotel room.
Flight gets in thursday night and we fly out monday early afternoon

Also looking for transportation from EWR airport to the hotel

PM me or something.
You can take the NJ Transit to the New Brunswick station which is a few blocks away from the Hotel.

Luffy Dahean

Smash Apprentice
I just bought the tickets. I also registered for Melee singles and Teams.

Hope to see you all soon, help me out with the housing thing please.:bee:

BlindSpot

Smash Apprentice
I've been to 3 AL tournaments, which were decent size. Then I've also been to Waba, which felt huge! However, I've never been to an MLG, or Apex. So this will be very overwhelming to me.

Would anyone mind helping me calculate the cost of Apex? What I mean by that is, plane tickets, housing, ect;

Like I said, I'm unfamiliar with this, so I'm not sure what all must be paid for. So could you tell me what all goes into going to an Apex tournament?

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
How strict will the times be on Friday? I plan on arriving at 12:35 at EWR. It says Brawl Doubles start at 2. Will I make it in time for doubles?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
How strict will the times be on Friday? I plan on arriving at 12:35 at EWR. It says Brawl Doubles start at 2. Will I make it in time for doubles?
train from Newark to the venue takes about 30-45 minutes, just have to catch it (it leaves at certain times). you may want to check www.njtransit.com to see the schedule for weekdays and see what time you would make it

at the train station, you are about less than a mile from the venue. so you could walk or get a cheap cab (they wait outside the train station)

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I checked that, and I would need to take the 1:00 Train. Hopefully I can clutch out and one of my buddies can scoop me up when I arrive.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Would it be possible to get Ken to this tournament? He's definitely expressed interest in this

:phone:
He did? While watching the stream he made it clear he was not coming back to the scene, I thought. If he comes and says he's interested I'll start a good player fund for him at least.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
ken

So since Ken is going to the the Cali tourney tomorrow. Who else thinks there should be a fund to get him to Apex. If anything as a special guest. He can present the melee singles winner with the trophy or belt.whatever it is this time. And if anything he can retire officially (if he wants) with some kind of ceremony

axe did you play Ken with your pikachu. Please say yes

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the hype died when everyone realized what all the smart players knew already and he start dropping sets to randoms because everyone is stupid technical now.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I'm from Huntsville, AL.

Are you saying it will be $400 in total? If so, that's not bad.

400 is a general number, need to find out where your closest airport is and the ticket price, which may get more expensive up until the week before when they try to sell any remaining tickets. From there you need housing, which is pretty scarce so you might need to find someone to split a hotel room with which would be probably around 50$ depending on how many people you split with and if you get into the apex hotel, then you need to get to the venue and pay for the venue...at least your American so it should be around 4-600. Maybe less, but then there's food.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
If your from OOC

i'm gona do an exlcusive string of MM's for u all!

starting with 2:1 odds (u bet a dollar i put up 2) i will be doing a mini pot mm system! i did this at a previous tounry i forget which one and it was alot of fun!

basically:

for anyone OOC ONLY

if i win any money at all from an OOC mm, that money will be up for grabs!

so lets say i play an OOC player and i win one dollar from them, that one dollar gets added to the money you would win if you beat me in a MM after!

i'm just doin this since i'm gona take a very long break from smash after this for my last year in college, and I really wana make sure i get a chance to play everyone that i never got a chance to before!

if any OOC reads this and doesnt understand, please message me so i can clarify!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom