• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero

Smash 64 Singles Bracket: http://i.imgur.com/pKuxt.gif
Melee Singles Pools: http://apexsmash.com/meleepoolsr1/
Melee Doubles Bracket: http://apexsmash.com/melee2v2bracket/
Brawl Singles Pools: http://apexsmash.com/brawlpoolsr1/
Brawl Doubles Bracket: http://apexsmash.com/brawl2v2bracket/

[collapse=All Brawl Groups]Important Rules:

• Top 2 of each group of 4 make it to the next round
  • First to win to matches moves ahead in a group then next to win 2 matches also moves ahead (aka 3 people fight until another person wins 2 matches)
  • Single Elimination
  • All items on medium, all stages on random
    [*] 1st: $160, 2nd: $80, 3rd: $48, 4th: $32
    [*] You are a fool if you think this is lucked based, metagame of All Brawl is still early but its not too hard to figure out the best strategies to win.
    [*] My best tip? Trust NO ONE!!....Seriously.

Group 1

1. ScaryLB59
  2. Kiwi
  3. Nakat
  4. Chii

Group 2

1. Admiral Funk
  2. vVv Zero
  3. Tymer
  4. ThunderSt0rm

Group 3

1. Trump
  2. Marko
  3. Hylian
  4. Mink

Group 4

1. Jtails
  2. Player-1
  3. FGCU MAO!
  4. 2Link

Group 5

1. Dapuffster
  2. DLA
  3. Riot
  4. What's The Point

Group 6
  1. TheReflexWonder
  2. KoRoBeNiKi
  3. Kaptain
  4. Xiivi (BibleLove2007)

Group 7

1. Berserker Swordsman
  2. Raptor
  3. TempesT
  4. Xaltis

Group 8

1. steep
  2. Dueler X
  3. Nairo
  4. Dr. Brawl

Group 9

1. Kuro~
  2. Blubba Pinecone
  3. Ally
  4. pidgezero_one

Group 10

1. Tedium
  2. GDX
  3. Gunblade
  4. John12346

Group 11

1. FGCU BDJoe
  2. K Prime
  3. MechWarrior
  4. vVv Chibosempai

Group 12
  1. gambit
  2. vVv ESAM
  3. M@v
  4. Golden-Psyco

Group 13

1. FGCU SSGuy
  2. DRDN
  3. Garm
  4. YoshQ

Group 14

1. Sky'.
  2. Bionic
  3. Vatgas
  4. Stingers

Group 15

1. Tearbear
  2. Melon
  3. Firefly
  4. Neath

Group 16
  1. TKila
  2. ~Tac~
  3. Blackanese
  4. NiTEWiNG
[/collapse]

Click here for Bracket Updates & Livestream Updates throughout the weekend!

Our site is live, go here to register and more! ONLINE REGISTRATION IS MANDATORY!
apexsmash.com

Taken from Apex 2010

Trailers

We are sponsored by:

We are Partnered with:

This will be an event to remember!

Back in 2008 Apex started out as an idea by Alex as a Brawl only tournament for the NYC scene. It was small sized and held at Polytechnic Institute of NYU, and was hosted by some old crews that we were involved with back then. It was the starting point to something bigger and better.

During 2009 we were, after this point, looking for a bigger venue and better following. With the help of Inui, we were able to use a nice sized hotel space in NJ. The tournament was mainly Brawl related still with a small Melee side event. Brawl, during this time was still fresh and new, and the competition was fierce. In a time where M2K had displayed his dominance for nearly a year Ally, the Canadian Snake player, came and defeated M2K. For the first time a major tournament would not be won by M2K and set up a rivalry that lasts even to today. The results for this tournament were for what Alex had hoped for but it was time to plan for a bigger national!

In 2010 we made plans to not only make this event memorable just for Brawl but for Melee as well. Through hard work and a team of dedicated people, we set out to create an experience U.S.and international players. The community is so vast and spirited, we wanted to give others a chance to enjoy and see what playing smash is all about. So we invited our out of country players from all over including Japan!

The summer of 2010 was the greatest pleasure to be a part of with 500+ excited attendees for both Melee, Brawl and 64 it could only get better from here on out!

So this all leads us to Apex 2012, we took a year off to accommodate our other nationals. As well as to plan for bigger and better! This event doesn’t just happen because of us, it happens because of you guys as well, we want your help in making this event successful and fun for all.

-Team Apex

Rutgers Student Center
126 College Avenue
New Brunswick, NJ 08901​

Apex 2012 is located in New Brunswick, NJ at the Student Center for Rutgers University. Each room is 5000 sq ft each and very spacious. In 2010 the events were given each their own room (Melee and Brawl) with a wide doorway leading into the other room.

There are various food places that are within the Student Center including a Subway, Wendy’s, chinese food and pizza that will remain open for the weekend.
Friday

Time | Event
9:00am-11:00am|Check in
11:00am|Super Smash Bros. Melee Doubles Bracket
4:00pm|Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles Pools, Round 1
6:00pm|Pokemon Black/White
6:00pm|All Brawl
6:00pm|USA vs The World Melee 8v8 Exhibition
8:00pm|Super Smash Bros Melee Singles Pools, Round 2
9:30pm|Super Smash Bros Melee Singles Bracket (until top 8)

Saturday

Time | Event
8:00am-10:00am|Check in
10:00am|Super Smash Bros Brawl Doubles Bracket (until top 4)
10:00am|Super Street Fighter 4 (until top 8)
10:00am|Mortal Kombat 9
12:00pm|Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (until top 8)
3:00pm|Super Smash Bros Brawl Singles Pools, Round 1
5:00pm|USA vs The World Brawl 8v8 Exhibition
5:00pm|Give-a-ways
6:30pm|Super Smash Bros Brawl Singles Pools Round 2
6:30pm|Super Smash Bros 64
7:30pm|Super Smash Bros Brawl Singles Bracket (until top 8)

Sunday

Time | Event
8:00am-12:00pm|Check in & Casual Play
12:00pm|Super Street Fighter 4 top 8
12:00pm|Give-a-ways
2:00pm|Super Smash Bros Melee top 8 singles and top 4 teams
4:00pm|Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 top 8
7:00pm|Super Smash Bros. Brawl top 8 singles and top 4 teams
9:00pm|Awards & Closing Ceremonies
Prices

Venue: $30
This covers the entire weekend for Smash Friday-Sunday

Singles: $15
Doubles: $10 per person

Singles: $15
Doubles: $10 per person

Singles: $5 (64-man cap)

Other side events: All-Brawl: $5 (64-man cap)

If you are registering for SF, Marvel, MK or Pokemon ONLY the venue fee is $20. If you are registering for Smash + any of the above then the venue fee is still $30. All of the below are sponsored by Local Battles

Singles: $10

All rules can be found here.
For our competitors, we strive to create the best experience possible. With that in mind we have branched out into our newest addition to Apex the “Road to Apex” series. Beginning in August, we will begin to hold qualifiers across the United States as well as Internationally. These qualifiers will help players become ranked but also help the top placing regional player attend Apex. Here is a breakdown on what each event will be offering to our players.

Each event listed as a “Road to Apex” qualifier events will feature a ranking point system for the singles and doubles events. The point system, listed below, will help us to make sure that the best experience possible is given to each player. On top of that, we will be able to provide a better quality for the event. The points are broken down from 1st place to 7th place below.

1st place – 64pts
2nd place – 32pts
3rd place – 16pts
4th place – 8pts
5th place – 4pts
5th place – 4pts
7th place – 2pts
7th place – 2pts

Note: The doubles event would be giving that point total to each individual player. It would not be split.

All matches will be played out to get the full placing.

As an additional feature, we will be providing the top placing regional player of each singles event with a $100 stipend to travel to Apex 2012*. What this means is that for a West Coast event, for example, the top placing West Coast player will receive the stipend regardless of where they stand in the bracket. This is to help our players travel to the biggest event in the competitive smash history Apex 2012.

Note: Only those who have lived in the region for the past 6 months are eligible to receive the stipend.

To all those going to the qualifiers we here at the Apex staff wish you luck and hope to see you at all the events including Apex 2012 where Smash will make history.

*The $100 stipend is subject to area, please check your region’s qualifier thread for full information first.

Here is a full list of our current qualifiers:

Melee
Showdown II
July 23rd, Chile

B.E.A.S.T. II
August 11-14, Gothenburg, Sweden

Smash t'ill U Crash 2
August 20, Montreal, Canada

TourneyPlay SoCal
September 10-11, SoCal TBD

The Big House
October 22, Ann Arbor, MI

Revival of Melee 4
November 19-20, Nanuet, NY

Brawl
Showdown II
July 23rd, Chile

Brawl in Berlin 2
July 29, Berlin, Germany

KTAR 6
August 13, South River, NJ

Smash t'ill U Crash 2
August 20, Montreal, Canada

Hobo
September 10, Houston, TX

TourneyPlay SoCal
September 24-25, San Diego, CA

School Is In Session
September 24-25, Cincinnati, OH

RESULTS: For a full list of qualifier results and points check out the Apex website.

Those traveling from out of country come a very long way to be here at our event. That's why we want to do our best to provide the best experience before, after and during the event. We will be providing free housing to as many as possible. It may not be possible for everyone but the earlier you let us know you're attending the easier it will be to set you up with someone who will be willing to house you. If you/and or your group plan on coming early we have a special trip planned!

Since our 2012 event is during the winter and in the beginning of January we will be adjusting our tour to making the following trips:

Nintendo World
Times Square Ball Drop
Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree/Ice Skating
Union Square

For more information see our site.

Since August of 2010, Directional Influence has been the competitive Super Smash Bros. Brawl community's #1 source for news and entertainment, but next year, the cast will do the unthinkable - Directional Influence will be live at Apex 2012! Featuring the antics and analysis of the hit Smash podcast, Apex 2012 will have a weekend of live Directional Influence covering the entire event as it happens. Throughout the event, Directional Influence will bring you tournament updates, competition analysis, discussions with players and more to make sure there's never a dull moment at the biggest Smash Bros event of all time.

Stay tuned for additional media outlets that will be joining Apex!​
Set-ups are the most important thing for any event! We are aiming for 64 full setups for each game. We cannot stress how important it is to have this event run smoothly. Here is my incentive to you.

Giveaways
As you know the big thing with Apex is giveaways. We are giving away art, possibly a DVD and/or sticker sets. The main thing I want to give away is that of a Nintendo 3DS. Now this is where you come in!

NINTENDO’s 3DS

For everyone who brings a setup and keeps it for the entire duration of the tournament will receive a free raffle ticket for the Nintendo 3DS giveaway.

For more rules and specifics please visit the Apex site.

Artist Alley
Most great events will have something to keep everyone interesting so I am starting an Artist Alley for Apex. It will be done by Crismas / HondaFoo and will be running it and filling it with lots of great goodies like stickers, fan art, and COMMISSIONS!

For a list on our artists and more see here

American Airlines is offering a 5% discount on flights into LaGuardia(LGA), JFK, Newark Liberty International(EWR), and Westchester County Apt(HPN). When booking your flight please use the AUTH. code: 2512BG for your discount to be added.

The discount can be booked on-line at www.aa.com/group for AA/AE flights only, without a ticketing charge, allow at least 1 business hour for AA.com loading. Use the Authorization Number noted above without the preceding A as the AA.com Promotion Code. May not apply to some contracts.

For anybody aged 18-22 and living in the US:
I just heard the recent DI podcast interview with Alex Strife and I am going to do everything in my power to make it to APEX now. I have a feeling this will be legendary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I noticed some people are kind of skeptical about going. Specifically college students like myself. I didn't see it mentioned on this thread, so for all my broke college students who are not aware here is a very cheap way to fly that I plan on using to get to APEX, AirTranU: http://airtranu.com/cheap-student-tickets.aspx

Their flight tickets range from $49 to $99 depending on where you're located in the U.S. if you can't afford that then I don't know what to tell you. The catch is that you have to be between the age of 18-22 to use it. Read the link for more specifics, but that's basically it. Also as an aside, I'm sure you all can split hotel costs with some fellow smashers or even find housing. So there are several ways to get around costs, and it should be worth it for a worthwhile event. Hope this helped some folks. Get hype!!
LET ME MAKE A HUGE DISCLAIMER ABOUT THE FLIGHTS OFFERED BY AIRTRAN U SO YOU ALL KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE GETTING INTO.

1. THIS IS AGE RESTRICTED. YOU MUST BE BETWEEN 18 AND 22 YEARS OLD. IF YOU ARE 23 OR OLDER, OR YOUNGER THAN 18, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THESE DEALS.

2. YOU ONLY GET 1 CARRY ON, AND 1 PERSONAL ITEM. YOU CANNOT CHECK BAGGAGE (AKA YOU CAN'T GIVE THEM YOUR BAGS AND GET ON THE PLANE WITH NOTHING. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO TAKE, YOU TAKE IT WITH YOU THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE PROCESS). DON'T PACK A SUITCASE AND THEN GO "OH I DIDN'T KNOW I COULDN'T CHECK THIS, CRAP THIS WON'T FIT UNDER THE AIRLINE SEAT/I CAN'T TAKE THIS.

3. PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE TAXES AND OTHER CHARGES. ALSO, THESE FLIGHTS ARE DONE IN "ONE WAY" SEGMENTS. YOU PAY FOR A FLIGHT 1 WAY TO GET SOMEWHERE, AND HAVE TO PAY FOR ANOTHER FLIGHT TO GET BACK. YOU HAVE TO PURCHASE THESE AT 2 SEPARATE TIMES. YOU CANNOT BUY BOTH FLIGHTS AT THE SAME TIME, YOU HAVE TO BUY THE FIRST FLIGHT WHILE AT AIRPORT A, AND THE SECOND FLIGHT WHILE AT AIRPORT B.

4. FLIGHTS ARE STANDBY BOTH WAYS. THIS MEANS THAT EVEN IF YOU FLY INTO NJ WITH NO PROBLEMS, YOU MAY HAVE TROUBLE GETTING BACK IF YOUR FLIGHT BACK IS UNAVAILABLE. THESE FLIGHTS ARE NOT SECURED AND RESERVED FOR YOU. YOU AREN'T BUYING A TICKET THAT "SAVES" YOUR SPOT FOR YOU ON THE PLANE. YOU ARE BUYING THE CHANCE TO GET ON THE PLANE IF THEY HAVE AVAILABLE ROOM FOR WHATEVER REASON ( NOT ENOUGH TICKETS SOLD, PEOPLE CANCELLING, OVER BOOKED PASSENGERS MOVE TO ANOTHER FLIGHT, WHATEVER THE REASON). IF THAT FLIGHT DOES NOT HAVE A SEAT FOR YOU, YOU MUST WAIT FOR ANOTHER FLIGHT. IN SOME CASES DEPENDING ON HOW FREQUENT YOUR FLIGHT IS, YOU MAY HAVE TO WAIT A VERY LONG TIME. LIKE, DAYS LONG. BE AWARE OF THIS AND HAVE A BACKUP PLAN IN CASE THINGS GO SOUTH.

Thank you, that is all.

There are many ways to travel to the event. For detailed specifics please visit the traveling section of our site.
We have worked out a deal once again with the Hyatt Regency New Brunswick.

Two Albany Street
New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA 08901
Tel: +1 732 873 1234

The hotel is conveniently located down the road from the venue and available at a discounted price. See the instructions below for booking and rates.

RESERVATIONS PROCESS & BOOKING WEBSITE

ONLINE RESERVATIONS ONLY the link below will take you to a site dedicated toward making your reservation quick and easy. You will be able to make, modify and cancel your hotel reservations online, as well as take advantage of any room upgrades, amenities or other services offered by the hotel.

To view the website, please click the following link:

Please click here to book your room

Here are the current room rates:

Single Occupancy | $119
Double Occupancy | $119
Triple Occupancy | $144
Quadruple Occupancy | $169
Suites | $219
The “cut-off date” is 12/19/2011. Reservation requests received after the cut-off date will be based on availability at the Hotel’s prevailing rates and will be credited to the Group’s Guest Room Block.

Regarding housing: A thread will go up on Smashboards relating to this and helping out any of you that are in need of housing. Once that thread goes up, it will be posted here.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thread Updates:
  • 10.19.11: Updated the thread with additional info for fighting games/new sponsors and new trailers.
  • 8.1.11: Thread is updated for the most part and our site is up! Stay tuned for more updates throughout the months!
  • 7.19.11: Still working on a lot right now. The site and thread updates will be completed by this week though!
  • 6.20.11: Updated some more of the thread, fixed up the intro and added some graphics around.
  • 6.14.11: The thread is going under some major revamps, expect changes within the next week or so.

M@v

Subarashii!
2nd! This is looking like the weekend I go back to PSU in the spring...dunno if I can make it.
Although I have a plan that would let me....:)

And I'm not going to even try to guess. You always have the craziest surprises so its going to be too hard to guess.

IF I had to say something though, i'd say either another foreign country, or some new kind of media for the event.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Nice!

As for the surprise...players from new regions? Live TV broadcast? New sponsor?

M@v

Subarashii!
By the way, the first two APEX events were flat out amazing, I expect this to be the same. If life allows you to make it, please do so. You wont be disappointed!

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Poop.

fjklajfldjksaklfdjsa

I bet you're excited. Too bad you couldn't wait till the logo was done *shrug*

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Awesome. Apex was great. : D If it's the same location, it's possible to get there by transit.

From Philly I mean. : D And Trenton, NJ. I did it :3

clowsui

Smash Legend
here we go

thinkin that ohio will be making a full showing at this event

hyperbolic time chamber starting in august

get ready ;)

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Alex Strife got international players players like Rain and Brood from Japan for Brawl and Aniolas and Armada for Melee. Who knows what kind of international players Alex Strife will get to come to Apex 2012? Please let it be for Melee: Armada, Aniolas, Amsah, Ice, Javi, Tuga, Dark, and Ghost. :)

M@v

Subarashii!
you sneaky. Couldn't wait the 4 hours eh?

Sounds like a good idea. If I can make any of the qualifiers it would be ktar.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Oh so this was the big announcement? A thread.

THANKS ALEX. :O

THANKS FOR CRUSHING MY HOPES AND DREAMS. Before you even snap off, it's enough that I opened up SWF to post here.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
^^^^ the peoples elbow

Anyway, hype stuff Alex, always good ideas coming from that head of yours.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh so this was the big announcement? A thread.

THANKS ALEX. :O

THANKS FOR CRUSHING MY HOPES AND DREAMS. Before you even snap off, it's enough that I opened up SWF to post here.
What were you hoping for? MLG Girls? :p With luck Alex may even get that. Just hope harder.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team

Seriously though, people hype this up, it's Apex ****ing 2012. **** is for real, it's happening and it's going to be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom