• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
dude. the tournamemt is in a month and a half. all the rules are set in stone. If you really cared this much, you should have tried making a big fuss like this.... like 6 months ago.

and what it means is that you should have shut up, listened and let it go the first time Diem (A co-TO of the event) answered your question. Just because his name isnt on the tournament, doesnt mean hes not helping to run the tournament. nor does it mean that you can ignore what he says as a representative of the tournament.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
still, if you even think something like this is going to be a problem, bring it up early.

The day I heard that marvel was going to be an event at this, I hit diem up and asked him what system it was going to be played on because thats important to me.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
-sigh-

This is the last time I respond about the wobbling situation

Last year it was on...people got wobbled...I was bothered by a LOT of people.

I think wobbling should be legal but I do not want to deal with people complaints when I have sponsors and stuff there.

It is up to the TO to decide and we all said NO to it.

If you do not want to enter because of it...it is your choice and no one is taking that from you ( talking to Strife ).

Strife discussion is OVER. I really do not find going in a circle about this and you constantly bringing this up to be helpful in anyway.

As explained it will not change results in ANY way.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
:/ @ the Melee community members who complained that much about wobbling. You guys didn't even learn how to escape properly. If you watch Brawl Icies and Melee Icies you'll see that it actually takes longer to setup wobbling in Melee then it does to setup Icies infinities in Brawl. Yet from 0 to 50% you see people breaking out of the Icies infinite in Brawl, but in Melee no one even tries to break the grab before Nana is in place to Wobble.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
@GIMR

Grabs are also much harder to get as Brawl ICs. They have their frame traps, but they are MUCH faster in Melee with their godlike wavedash speed.

It is also harder to mash out in Melee. I do it in both, but remember, you can't mash if you are getting hit, so getting hit by a grab attack significantly slows down how fast you will get out.

Beat!

Smash Master
Yes, Wobbling should be allowed.

But it isn't, for reasons explained.

This simply isn't the tournament where pro-wobbling gets a breakthrough. Live with it and move on.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I don't think Wobbles or Fly are coming so what other ICs would be doing a lot with wobbling in bracket?

If I'm mistaken then my bad but this decision doesn't seem to affect much afaik.

strawhats

Smash Master
I don't think Wobbles or Fly are coming so what other ICs would be doing a lot with wobbling in bracket?

If I'm mistaken then my bad but this decision doesn't seem to affect much afaik.
that's unfortunate. I really wanted to play them too. Well at least chu is going. :(

stingers

Smash Obsessed

umm
the tournaments not just for the top players...

Roller

Smash Legend
Also, it not affecting much would be a reason NOT to ban it. Just making this point for next time, I understand you aren't changing the ruleset for this now; though I respectfully disagree with your decision.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
wow thats freakin gay.

I needed to get him back for planking me on wifi...

@DRDN

marvel and SF and I believe MK are all going to be run on Xbox due to the sponsor supplying them with a ton of xboxs for the event.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Damn was looking forward to meeting him. Seemed better than I thought he was by his wifi wins and such.

Edit: pretty sure people would donate to a vVv Zero fund.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
M2k could you the buddy pass for Ice from Europe(Germany or Sweden I think)

Strife

Banned via Warnings
^^ WTF? I thought this guy was already confirmed.

And you should mention in the op that he's Chille's best player. You may also want to link the interview the apex staff had with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom