• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ:

Scatz, a yoshi player from GA, and his group got in a car wreck in South Jersey. If anyone is near there/can get there in reasonable time please get in touch with me so I can give you his number. THANKS!

edit:
This looks more important then laughing at nairo but yea wow.

LLDL

Smash Hero
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ:

Scatz, a yoshi player from GA, and his group got in a car wreck in South Jersey. If anyone is near there/can get there in reasonable time please get in touch with me so I can give you his number. THANKS!

edit:
Help these guys out. Sharky post what town.

D

Deleted member

is it not too late to change my singles pool, th0rn and I are both 1st seed people IMO, our pool seems a bit harder than edit: SOME of the other pools

if its too late or u disagree its fine

Sharky

Smash Master
They're at a truck stop near carney's point NJ. I'm waiting for a confirmation from him but just off a rough guess from google maps, I'd assume the stop is off of I-295.
UPDATE: They are just past the bridge coming out of delaware on the New Jersey Turnpike, which is also known as I-295.

Sharky

Smash Master
I happen to live not too far from where scatz's group is stuck.
Problem: I'm in class until 2:00.
I'll see if there's anything I can do to help, but I can't do muuch until 2pm.

:phone:
OK this is a start, but if anyone can get there sooner that'd be AWESOME!

New Jersey Turnpike, just after the bridge coming out of delaware.

edit: just a reminder they just need to get themselves/their things to the Hyatt by the venue.

Sharky

Smash Master
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ:

edit:
bump it up!

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
yep, jpeg's a vegas falcon buddy of mine and it SUX for him (and the other 2)

knew this would happen with top 2 making it out lool, i bet alot of pools are like that too.

th0rn and s2j in same pool is too dumb

poor rocky, he's from sweden too.

i mean he still has a chance, but being put in such a **** hole pool for first round coming from sweden must suck ****

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
That is the greatest injustice I've ever heard of.

I don't know what would be worse, not being allowed to go to APEX, or having your mom walk in on you wide eyed as you're jacking off. Just imagine... Must have been mortified and blue balled. A terrible combination. My heart goes out to him, someone should set up a fund for emotional damages.

...Ankoku, would you match donations?
I obviously wouldn't.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
I've got a serious question.

Are you going to keep irritating loudmouths off the mic this year?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
anyone providing transportation from the Airport to the hotel @ around 5:30.. My paycheck won't come thru until tomorrow morning, so I obviously can't, train there (as originally planned) :( Help would be greatly appreciated...

My party (AZ) Axe, Tai, Myself, would be very greatful...

I won't be able to respond here, as I'm boarding my plane now.. but if you could just leave me a text at (520)-508-9159... I'll know since i'm arriving the earliest amongst the three around 4:30...at the Newark Airport.. Again, thanks ^^

Wake

Smash Master
anyone providing transportation from the Airport to the hotel @ around 5:30.. My paycheck won't come thru until tomorrow morning, so I obviously can't, train there (as originally planned) :( Help would be greatly appreciated...

My party (AZ) Axe, Tai, Myself, would be very greatful...

I won't be able to respond here, as I'm boarding my plane now.. but if you could just leave me a text at (520)-508-9159... I'll know since i'm arriving the earliest amongst the three around 4:30...at the Newark Airport.. Again, thanks ^^
Hey I'm getting there around 5:00. Would it be possible for me to go with you guys? (assuming you find transportation)

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
care to name?

also idk if you are talking about melee or brawl but I'm sure the Brawl commentator list is as follows

1. Pierce
2. EE
3. Diem
4. Doom.
I don't know about commentators, I'm talking about on the PA. Last time, any old schmuck could grab it and start hollering about anything just to hear the sound of his own voice.

Please keep that strictly to event staff.

D

Deleted member

for the sake of jpeg image and friends, here are a list of pools whose first seeds IMO are weaker than the 2nd(?) seeded th0rn in my pool. NO NAMES TO HURT FEELINGS EVEN IF IT SEEMS OBVIOUS WHOS THE BEST IN EACH POOL. i simply think th0rn is better skill and/or results wise

pool 7, 8, 10 (westballz sux major kok), 18 ( based on what someother guy said earlier), 20, 24, 29,52, 57, 58, 60, 63

most of the other pools are wildcards in terms of whether th0rn is better or not (although a good number of them th0rn still seems better overall) or is another deadly pool

point being, both me and th0rn should be 1st seeded and not together. Change if u want to, I realize that changing will probably make some other people unhappy too so ur choice

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I don't know about commentators, I'm talking about on the PA. Last time, any old schmuck could grab it and start hollering about anything just to hear the sound of his own voice.

Please keep that strictly to event staff.
Oh gotcha. Yeah I'm sure that will be cut down drastically especially seeing as the games won't be ran at the same time this time so there won't be a PA fight between melee and brawl trying to call matches at the same time.

that and the staff is more serious this time.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=131302

I just learned about this. I died

kinda sad though lol.

:rosalina:
I SHOULD feel really bad about this
But nairo was my biggest threat in pools, And now he's not going outright
The biggest stroke of luck I've ever had, Still i would have liked to have played him, His mk is fun to watch

I just learned the only viable counter to MK

A player's mom.
I laughed so incredibly hard the entire hotel lobby is staring at me funny

You press and hold alt and then type 156 and then let go of alt.

£
£
Thank you

adhd and leon teaming would be hype o.o
Leon has a spot with peace. I gave mine to them because Europeans gotta stick together XD

Now leaving to go to New brunswick, Once again, If anyone sees me (my suitcase has 'G~P' written on it in big black letters) Please come say hi. I'm a social being XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom