• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
hopefully?

no no no

you will make this

if you play melee you will make ths

if you play brawl you will make this

if you play brawl + you will make this

if you are a competitive SMASHER you will make this

if you heard of smash and like either game you will make this

this is Apex and its hosted by me...no one misses my tournaments...cept chu but he always goes to my majors xD...<3 chu

no one should miss this MLG aint got **** on this and unlike certain other events that shall be mentioned this is actually going to happen...this will be amazing and I plan to make everything about it amazing for both brawl and melee.

I will go out of my way to make sure everyone has a great time!

sauc3

Smash Lord
lol, its sauc3, not sacu3, no big tho, and I tried to use clips that havn't been used too often in videos (with the exception of the intro, obviously)

Palpi

Smash Hero
I think apex will be good for brawl, because it will bring people from around the world. Melee was super hyped in the europe vs usa matches and that is a friendly rivalry that brawl needs. I just rewatched all the pound 4 matches and it was pretty epic.. (not all..but ya know)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Smash and fat sandwiches on the same day.

Amazing.
i completely agree with this guy

you're taking me to the R-U-Hungry food cart that i saw on TV, cause i never been to it before. im not leaving Jersey until I do

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me or are flights extra expensive? My flights to Genesis and Pound were 180-250s and now it's 300+? Is it just the summer?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Try flying into Philadelphia international I have heard it is cheaper there and you can just rent a car for a day for like 40-50 bucks and save money by going as a group.

or go to Newark and save money by taking a train straight to Rutgers .

http://www.bargaintravel.com/ --- helpful site

cheap air.com reports atl to newark for 269

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I have an aunt that lives in NJ that lives 45 minutes from the venue. There is also a train station walking distance from her house. I can probably go to this :)

you should put me in the thread title.

lol jk

sauc3

Smash Lord
The only thing the melee trailer was missing, was some video effects.
in my experience smashers don't like too many effects in videos, however if enough people feel this way I'll release another video, with more players too since zhu and darkrains clips got corrupted in the process I need to do another one anyway.

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Hey, the OP has Brawl low tier singles listed as a possible side event, why not mid tier instead? TL 4.0 has a very broad (and supposedly balanced) mid tier section for that very purpose, why not include it for APEX 2010? The mid tier's very large, so I would think there would be a decent turnout.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
It is only possible because if we do mid or low tier it would take forever because of the amount of skilled people involved that would enter. I do not want to take away from teh main point of this tournament which is the singles for both brawl and melee.

doing MT mm is fine but I do not think doing a MT side event will happen unless we have 200+ setups. Which, if you can promise, I will not do.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
HUGE UPDATE

Ok spoke with a few of the japanese players with help from a friend ( cashm00ney) who translates for them here is a few things

on the melee end

- THE REALLY REALLY wanna come
- the hate the ruleset they think alot of the stages are bad such as ( im not kidding...Yoshi story).
- they have money problems
- Thunder and Captain Jack will try to come.

on the brawl end

- they are going to all try to come
- they did not know about the tournament but now that they do they will make 100% efforts to come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom