• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
You better, or else...

Lol j/k, I have faith in you guys, especially commentary-wise.
Commentating will be fun. Usually my bro and I like to bring in top pros to help commentate on matches so they can be informative in match ups that we don't know as well (and so others can get a chance to commentate as well :p)

Besides I can usually do other entertaining stuff during the downtime:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD2SImLJ7_I

:p

And Alex is right, this is THE tourney to go to.

before it was Genesis, then it was Pound, now it's APEX for the best global tourney experience of anyones smash career.

:link:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Commentating will be fun. Usually my bro and I like to bring in top pros to help commentate on matches so they can be informative in match ups that we don't know as well (and so others can get a chance to commentate as well :p)

Besides I can usually do other entertaining stuff during the downtime:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD2SImLJ7_I

:p
Tricks too, so what was that you were saying about an exercise regime?

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
2 things:

1. Strife you making trailer for melee for this, like you have for brawl?

2. The person who did the "We Will 4 Stock You" song should do something for this

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Tricks too, so what was that you were saying about an exercise regime?
???

When did I say this again? Sorry haha my mind is else where.

If wanted my bro and I can do another self defense thing at this similar to what we did at genesis (assuming it's warm out and theres a good place for it). Or we can do a work out program down there. And of course if you wanted personal tips you can message either one of us or both of us for tips and suggestions :D

I agree with Kite on this one, weres that melee hype video we're all dying for :p

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
???

When did I say this again? Sorry haha my mind is else where.

If wanted my bro and I can do another self defense thing at this similar to what we did at genesis (assuming it's warm out and theres a good place for it). Or we can do a work out program down there. And of course if you wanted personal tips you can message either one of us or both of us for tips and suggestions :D
lol, that was actually a reference to a conversation you had at around post 1340.

But always up for exchanging extercise tips, pretty good about that myself.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
I wish I could stay with either of the New Mexico twins. Like, in a bed. Without clothes.

If you know what I mean.
I would love to work out with you, in a bed, without clothes on, doing push ups and leg lifts.

If you know what I mean.

At pound we stayed with the AZ guys because they rule. I wonder who we'll stay with at this one...

adumbrodeus said:
lol, that was actually a reference to a conversation you had at around post 1340.

But always up for exchanging extercise tips, pretty good about that myself.
Ooooooooohhhhh now I gotcha. But it's KirbyKaze, I could squeeze that kid all day (no homo... or tons of homo if you want) :p

Ah the joys of joking.

but anyways I'm assuming this is what you're referencing :p

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ooooooooohhhhh now I gotcha. But it's KirbyKaze, I could squeeze that kid all day (no homo... or tons of homo if you want) :p

Ah the joys of joking.

but anyways I'm assuming this is what you're referencing :p

Lol, yea, mad homo
no homo, can you no homo a mad homo, hmm?

But I actually used to do magic tricks, so yea, mad homo.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
BTW guys we will have the pre-reg up soon with a break-down of the prices.
Woot!

Good **** Alex.

Lol, yea, mad homo
no homo, can you no homo a mad homo, hmm?

But I actually used to do magic tricks, so yea, mad homo.
I'm not gay but it's still fun to joke :p

Oh really!? Any actual tricks or just simple fun tricks? Either way it's still cool :D

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm not gay but it's still fun to joke :p
Pro-tip: 99.999999999% of the people who joke about being gay and doing gay things aren't actually gay. This has been a public several announcement by the US department of making public service announcements for public service.

Oh really!? Any actual tricks or just simple fun tricks? Either way it's still cool :D

Magic tricks, sleight of hand, card tricks, that sort of thing, but my specialization was mentalism... unfortunately been a while.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Pro-tip: 99.999999999% of the people who joke about being gay and doing gay things aren't actually gay. This has been a public several announcement by the US department of making public service announcements for public service.

I know, but recently I had to beat MacD off with a stick, run away from Silly Kyle, and hide in my hotel room only to find a mob of them in the bed.

Afterwards I let Kyle and MacD back in because I <3 those guys. But what happened in there will be told in legends....

Magic tricks, sleight of hand, card tricks, that sort of thing, but my specialization was mentalism... unfortunately been a while.
Mentalism is amazing. I only know a couple of tricks but that stuff is amazing.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
you guys are something else XD

anyways I cannot wait to get people on the pre-reg and get that going.

our goal at this point mim is 250 people pre-reg so we can get that venue 100% secure and that needs to be done a month BEFORE the event. We gotta do what we can do make sure everyone pre-reg brawl and melee side.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I know, but recently I had to beat MacD off with a stick, run away from Silly Kyle, and hide in my hotel room only to find a mob of them in the bed.

Afterwards I let Kyle and MacD back in because I <3 those guys. But what happened in there will be told in legends....
Sorry man, you've got Solid-itus, been going through that for years, there's no cure.

Mentalism is amazing. I only know a couple of tricks but that stuff is amazing.

Yea, now I've got a reason to brush up on it for Apex.

you guys are something else XD

anyways I cannot wait to get people on the pre-reg and get that going.

our goal at this point mim is 250 people pre-reg so we can get that venue 100% secure and that needs to be done a month BEFORE the event. We gotta do what we can do make sure everyone pre-reg brawl and melee side.
You know you love us Alex.

Noble goal *pounds*

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane

I think this tourney will beat Pounds melee entrees by at least 50

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Beating Melee is great but I want to also beat Brawl. I love brawl as well and I work hard with that community as well. I worked hard to get everything set up for both communities to make sure everything would be ideal for both. Everyonne should be booking hotel rooms, pre-reggin and supporting THIS event.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Really cant wait for this, im sure it will break both games entrees from Pound, lol i think someone should try and get ken back here for one last tourney where him and Isai can **** teams

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Sine I'm kind of too lazy to call, what is the Apex Rate at the Hyatt Regency?

or does the rate change as time goes on?

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
thats what i wanted to ask lol, Strife i was looking at the hotel you listed that had the Apex discount, now to get that discount do i have to call or put it in on the site cause on the site it didnt work

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
thats what i wanted to ask lol, Strife i was looking at the hotel you listed that had the Apex discount, now to get that discount do i have to call or put it in on the site cause on the site it didnt work
all you have to do is call and ask.

Mention the event and the date like you would an anime convention

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I'll probably have to look for someone to house me. I don't think my tax refund check will help me out that much despite how **** of a deal that is lol.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
I'll probably have to look for someone to house me. I don't think my tax refund check will help me out that much despite how **** of a deal that is lol.
dude go with a group of people and get it cheap.
Tommy you're a great guy but do I have to slap you?

50 should cover hotel costs if you have a room and share it with 6 people or so. It won't be comfortable but smashers don't need comfort :p

As long as you don't have sleep acne to hell and back I don't mind rooming with you lol.

Actually time to look at airline costs....

Twin_A

Smash Champion
If they do then count my bro and I in XP

And sleep acne is a disorder that usually affects heavier set people. basically it's that you snore every night and usually wake even yourself up because of it. If so then get it checked out (not you, just anyone in general).

****!!!! Plane tickets are looking to cost me 311 after taxes O.o
I was hoping that its still early so it'll be cheaper. Oh well haha. Good thing I've been saving for this (see toasty's post about saving)

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
don't you mean sleep apnea?

So what you are saying is that you and your bro would be wiling to get a room together if other AZ smashers go?

Twin_A

Smash Champion
don't you mean sleep apnea?

So what you are saying is that you and your bro would be wiling to get a room together if other AZ smashers go?
Oh woops. that was a my bad on the spelling :p

And of course we would :D
We already talked to Axe about it.
then we would hold tryouts for the final few spots in the room (MacD looked to have the lead but Dr PP may have over taken him. Theres still time though so try out everybody!) :p

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol wtf

Nah that actually sounds really cool. I'd have to make sure I'm going to this first before I bothered you with that though lol.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I want in with you guys and Axe. I think based on my Pancake eating magic tricks should be enough of a tryout.

Also, is anyone planing any food eating at this tourney. The last two OoS tourneys Axe went to, he told me there were food eating contests, and that I would ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom