• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
yea, when i went to the first apex that was at that one jersey hotel, i flew to philly and took trains. it was like an hour and a half of trains though lol

for the sake of being able to actually get to work that monday morning, i think ill try newark this time

caleb0froy

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi's Island should be Banned in my Opinion! you should put it to a poll. I'm in for Brawl and Melee and singles and dubs. I think an FFA Side event would be ballin!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
HUGE UPDATE

Ok spoke with a few of the japanese players with help from a friend ( cashm00ney) who translates for them here is a few things

on the melee end

- THE REALLY REALLY wanna come
- the hate the ruleset they think alot of the stages are bad such as ( im not kidding...Yoshi story).
- they have money problems
- Thunder and Captain Jack will try to come.

on the brawl end

- they are going to all try to come
- they did not know about the tournament but now that they do they will make 100% efforts to come
Good shiz Alex, now all we have to do is consistently bother them until they make an effort to come :D

Keitaro

What else besides Yoshi's do they think is bad?
I'm pretty sure they are hating on our cp stages like Frigate, Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise, Delphino, etc. Even in Melee most of their tourney matches were just on FD.

Very bad idea.
This is how huge tournaments usually get their far OOS players to attend. Why do you think this is a "bad idea"?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
registration site looks sexy but simple...it WILL be up tomorrow...better start getting your wallets ready :)

Эикельманн [РУС]

This is how huge tournaments usually get their far OOS players to attend. Why do you think this is a "bad idea"?
Because if we pester the Japanese smashers about coming, they'll be less likely to come. They've about had it with American smashers, anyways. At least the ones that have been here before, that is.

So rather than bother them constantly, I would rather treat them with respect.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Very bad idea.
Lol very bad statement, sir.
I'm pretty sure they are hating on our cp stages like Frigate, Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise, Delphino, etc. Even in Melee most of their tourney matches were just on FD.

Exactly. By constantly bugging them about attendee's, pot sizes, and competing against some of the world's best, we peak their interest. It's a good idea to keep bothering them about it, until we know they're officially confirmed.

Lol Keit, I'm pretty sure they're talking about Melee Yoshi's ISLAND ;3

caleb0froy

Smash Journeyman
Treat the with respect anyways! I means props to them for comin to NYC from Japan! haha I need to meet these fellas! I support I think:

Battlefield
FD
FoD
DL64
KJ64
Pokemon Stadium

and maybe Corneria, just cause that stage is basass

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Why don't we just let Alex handle it and have faith that things will get done properly.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Well he's obviously been communicating with people who can. And whatever Keitaro said doesn't reflect Alex's viewpoint nor his intentions. So let things be.

caleb0froy

Smash Journeyman
Oh I agree 120% i was just trying to generate Conversation lol =P
yah I need partner(s) for both Melee and brawl! anyone without one let me know!

Keitaro

Because if we pester the Japanese smashers about coming, they'll be less likely to come. They've about had it with American smashers, anyways. At least the ones that have been here before, that is.

So rather than bother them constantly, I would rather treat them with respect.
Interesting insight. I think Alex will be able to handle it well though with respect....and perstering!!

Get @ Keitaro for living 4 minutes away from the venue of this!!

I will remind you guys of this fact at least once a month.

Edit: I don't litterally mean "pestering", but if you tell them once don't expect them to hop on a plane to Jersey ya know.

indie_dave

Smash Ace
soooo...i heard (the other week) speak of apex moving back a week to accomodate an mlg tourney

and if so, i can be there

but if not so, i cannot be thereeeeeeeeee

help a brotha out whats the word?

Keitaro

I'm going to make a Melee and Brawl hype video cause I feel like it :p Wanna make it look really sick!

I'll include the new pics of the venue I'll be taking this weekend.

Just gotta know the 16 top Brawl players and 16 top Melee players that I'll collect clips from for the video. Then I seperately need to know the best OOC players that are coming to this for both games. Preferably 8 for each game.

*starts searching*

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
soooo...i heard (the other week) speak of apex moving back a week to accomodate an mlg tourney

and if so, i can be there

but if not so, i cannot be thereeeeeeeeee

help a brotha out whats the word?
Nope, this is not happening. Apex dates are fine and won't be moving. MLG won't be happening until end of August. Sorry!

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm going to make a Melee and Brawl hype video cause I feel like it :p Wanna make it look really sick!

I'll include the new pics of the venue I'll be taking this weekend.

Just gotta know the 16 top Brawl players and 16 top Melee players that I'll collect clips from for the video. Then I seperately need to know the best OOC players that are coming to this for both games. Preferably 8 for each game.

*starts searching*
Yesss you changed your user title back xD

Keitaro

:D Now someone tell me who we have that's amazing and planning on coming from OOC?

Brawl:
Kaos - Europe
Gluttony - Europe
Kira - Japan (hopefully)

Melee:
Captain Jack - Japan
Armada - Europe
Amsah - Europe

Need some more.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
:D Now someone tell me who we have that's amazing and planning on coming from OOC?

Brawl:
Kaos - Europe
Gluttony - Europe
Kira - Japan (hopefully)

Melee:
Captain Jack - Japan
Armada - Europe
Amsah - Europe

Need some more.
Brawl: (Japan) Needz moar Kakera, Akira,9b,souther,masashi

Status
Not open for further replies.