• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It kinda makes you think about how many people this is gonna happen to when it's closer to the tournament. M2K and Ally probably have lots of experience flying around to different tournies, so you can imagine how many people this is going to happen to who rarely/never fly places.

Banks

Smash Hero
Luckily we're just driving 6 hours instead of flying so all we have to worry about is sore buttcheeks

Nintendude

Smash Hero
The irresponsibility of a lot of smashers is really absurd. Unless something seriously unfortunate happened, there is no excuse to miss a flight. You should have planned to be there 3 hours in advance this way if you are set back you still have a good shot at not getting screwed over.

Missing registration because you didn't have money? You'd think that you could scrape up $50 over a period of 9 months AND not manage to leave it until the last day even WITH an extension.

And don't even get me started on lateness...

I know that accommodating for people's irresponsibility is nice and all but you gotta draw a line somewhere. Maybe in the Smash community people will hold your hand when you screw up, but stuff doesn't work like that elsewhere. Perhaps if we stopped cleaning up after everyone's foolish mistakes they'll learn to get their act together, which will benefit them when it comes to actual important stuff like jobs and other obligations.

SK92

Smash Journeyman
lol well my black azz is gonna be there 3 hours early at my las vegas airport so i wont miss my flight, and knock on wood?

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
It kinda makes you think about how many people this is gonna happen to when it's closer to the tournament. M2K and Ally probably have lots of experience flying around to different tournies, so you can imagine how many people this is going to happen to who rarely/never fly places.
They're kinda lazy though.

Hey you guys think I should do last min sign-ups for people and charge an extra $5 venue?
Yes.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
It wont I just gotta put people that enter last min in their own pools but I will see I can do it without causing issues.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
The irresponsibility of a lot of smashers is really absurd. Unless something seriously unfortunate happened, there is no excuse to miss a flight. You should have planned to be there 3 hours in advance this way if you are set back you still have a good shot at not getting screwed over.

Missing registration because you didn't have money? You'd think that you could scrape up $50 over a period of 9 months AND not manage to leave it until the last day even WITH an extension.

And don't even get me started on lateness...

I know that accommodating for people's irresponsibility is nice and all but you gotta draw a line somewhere. Maybe in the Smash community people will hold your hand when you screw up, but stuff doesn't work like that elsewhere. Perhaps if we stopped cleaning up after everyone's foolish mistakes they'll learn to get their act together, which will benefit them when it comes to actual important stuff like jobs and other obligations.

one of the best posts in the history of smashboards, and more smashers should really take consideration into seriously thinking about it.

SK92

Smash Journeyman
lol well my black azz is gonna be there 3 hours early at my las vegas airport so i wont miss my flight, and knock on wood?

Banks

Smash Hero
Actually those people should get put into a pool with Mango or something lol

because a pool of just late entrants would be comparatively easier than any other, assuming all the big names have entered already

LLDL

Smash Hero
what if the pool of late entrants is all pros top level tho lol.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Actually those people should get put into a pool with Mango or something lol

because a pool of just late entrants would be comparatively easier than any other, assuming all the big names have entered already
That's actually what I was implying. If you make the pools and then start to incorporate late entrants then their pool will likely be a cakewalk. Also, I was thinking that having additional extended registration might possibly rush the pool making process, resulting in pools that aren't as optimally balanced between region and skill. That's all I was wondering.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah then they'd juts have to deal with it themselves. I see.

SK92 are you down for that melee falco ditto.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Well remember this.

Singles will not be done until day 2

Doubles will be only 1 round of pools on day 1

we will have a lot of time for the event and , unless I am pmed, I am not taking anymore doubles entrants at all.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol i want an updated list

(mainly to see my name on there to get my sigh of relief)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
schedule is

friday - doubles
sat - singles
sun - singles + side events + crews

thats in a nut shell full schedule is on the OP

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
  • 10:00am - 12:00pm: Check-in/Warm-up
  • 12:00pm - 1:30pm : Melee EC vs WC crew battle / Brawl EC vs WC crew battle
  • 1:30pm – 6:30pm : First round of Melee Doubles pools / First round of Brawl Doubles pools
  • 6:30pm – 12:00am : Melee Doubles Bracket/Brawl Doubles bracket
I thought you guys were opening the tourney with the big crew battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom