• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
this schedule is worst case. IF we only get half of what we need

you guys want us to run the best tournament possible

BRING SETUPS

I am giving away a free tv to ppl who bring setups

128 full setups SHOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM.

I will look over the schedule but I also wanna get things done in a fast pace.

I am asking you guys to trust me on this when I say I have done this before nad it has WORKED.

•Col•

Smash Champion
So as far as Birthday's go.... There's Allied, toasty, GameDragonX, TheJerm, Melomaniacal, PieDisliker, and noodles. (I don't think PieDisliker will actually be at the tournament, and I'm not sure about noodles)

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Mr. Alex Strife,

Was curious if you and your staff wouldn't mid if I add this GDLK TOURNAMENT, as part of the:

M.A.S: MASTER'S CHALLENGE SERIES!!!

I'd be more than happy to issue out double points, for those who attend this tournament (APEX 2010) and place well in the rankings, for the series.

I dunno about everyone else, but I am very hyped for this tournament. Since I know FOR CERTAIN I WILL BE HERE!!! ;)

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
So as far as Birthday's go.... There's Allied, toasty, GameDragonX, TheJerm, Melomaniacal, PieDisliker, and noodles. (I don't think PieDisliker will actually be at the tournament, and I'm not sure about noodles)
Basilioyugi from Panama's also having a bday during this.
he'll be there along with the rest of us. (:

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
People if you can bring TVC UAS, Continuum Shift and SSFIV that would be awesome. It would be nice to play other games in the downtime.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
zgetto come then.

I have toasty setting up price breakdowns o fEVERYTHING

so you guys can make it as cheap as possible:)

Eggm

Smash Hero
Melee Rules:

Are winners/losers semi's going to be best of 5 also or only finals?

Also earlier in the thread you said it will be played out for 6th, 8th etc you still doing that?(not in rules)

And why bring back mute city, corneria, and jungle japes(doubles)? The backroom fought hard to make the new rule set and exclude such stages. I don't really care, just curious why the pound 4 rule set which went over well why'd you change it at such a major event? Did people complain or something?

Edit : I'm not even sure if I've ever even seen a doubles match on jungle japes in person at a tournament or on a youtube vid and I've been to A LOT of tournaments and see EVEN MORE youtube vids lol where did this come from?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Can you please reconsider the ledge-grab rule for Brawl? If you really want to do something about planking then it's not very useful to explicitly allow such a high number of ledge-grabs. 50? Are you serious? You could win a whole set exclusively by planking with so many ledge-grabs.

:059:

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Edit : I'm not even sure if I've ever even seen a doubles match on jungle japes in person at a tournament or on a youtube vid and I've been to A LOT of tournaments and see EVEN MORE youtube vids lol where did this come from?
Then you've missed the CC'd tipper->tipper->claptrap team combo.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
PR will try to go to this one too, HDL will try to but its not 100% sure, I hope though that the BEST LINK makes it to this tournie, also I will bring a magic trick that will make the twins **** if they come to this

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I thought about it, about the Jungle Japes thing...and I remember this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gnn0FwanG4

I also remember another Hax/Jman match being played on Japes during Pound 3, that ended with a ridiculous finish. I'm trying to find the vid but I know it's up on youtube, but I watched it in person.

pockyD

Smash Legend
seriously, japes (along with green greens) was one of the worst legal stages during its time period

if you want to be "liberal", bring back poke floats

Eggm

Smash Hero
Pound 4 rules plox.
FTW, listen to the WARRIOR. Kevin M I like the p4 rule set. Is it cause your name is red that your opinion counts more? I'd rather use the rule set the entire backroom collaborated on. The p4 rule set.

Edit : Thanks for the link crismas unfortunate I only made it 8 seconds in. That stage is just too ridiculous even in 1v1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXYiayOd7x8 <_<

Divinokage

Smash Legend
FTW, listen to the WARRIOR. Kevin M I like the p4 rule set. Is it cause your name is red that your opinion counts more? I'd rather use the rule set the entire backroom collaborated on. The p4 rule set.

Edit : Thanks for the link crismas unfortunate I only made it 8 seconds in. That stage is just too ridiculous even in 1v1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXYiayOd7x8 <_<
Well to me it's like what's the point in going against the new rules that we all agreed on? That just seems rebellious to me. I don't feel like proving why all the stupid CP stages should be banned all over again.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
kage has a point, theres no reason in making a new official ruleset if the biggest tournament isnt going to use it.

and can i get a link to the trailer?

LLDL

Smash Hero
LEGAL corneria please. Over stages like brinstar and pokefloats :/

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
PR will try to go to this one too, HDL will try to but its not 100% sure, I hope though that the BEST LINK makes it to this tournie, also I will bring a magic trick that will make the twins **** if they come to this
I love seeing other people perform magic tricks! Even if it's self working or actually requires slight and skill mastery :D Can't wait to see what you can do. Of which I hope it's not like Criss Angel in this vid :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYlNi5pDeDU

I'm sure Strife knows what he's doing with the stage list, however I have to agree that P4 rules were pretty good...

:link:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom