• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Will Europeans have any sort of privileges? Housing?
Pretty sure you will or hotel at worst.

yeah they should ban RC for us :p

( and brinstar, but this is already being too biased xD)

Why isn't Europe in the brawl trailer T_T? **** we're better than brawl+ at least xD
lol yeah sucks =.= prob didnt ask or had time.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I'm gonna perform some magic tricks myself, I'll be taking away some ladies virginity at this, it works better when she screams and fights, hood magic b!tches.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Why isn't Europe in the brawl trailer T_T? **** we're better than brawl+ at least xD

alex said this is supposed to be a world wide tourney, but only america (and ally) is in the vid. Maybe hes going to make another international trailer vid?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Sorry about the non-international support for the video but it was more of the fact that we did not expect the support we received. Sorry international guys I'll do what I can to get you some love asap.

eggm and the guys - ok I understand what you guys are saying. I'll tell you what we do not have to really debate with me I am very OPEN to ideas and such. I'll sit down with some of the TOs and helpers and just discuss it tonight. I ask that you guys give me a few days concerning it. Again everyone knows I am pretty liberal with stages but I figure...who am I to say if the entire group wants it that they are wrong:). I just wanted something open and I talked with Vanz about it. Vanz is my best friend and I trust that man with my life so I trusted him with the rules. I looked them over and thought they were ok to add a different spin on things. Sorry for causing drama but I'll talk it over with him and others.

btw it is in the OP that we will play out all placings for money.

Semi's winners and losers will be 3/5 no worries.

International will get priority for housing if they are not able to afford it. I mean if you come all the way from like ZIMBAMBWAY shouldnt you get a place to stay. XD

more questions is fine I love to answer them...but remember I dvred NCIS so if you come between me and my Abby people gonna die...j/k

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
actually that was something I kinda wanted cause I did enjoy the stage ( I play marf/sheik so ya Lol )

I will not flip flop on the stage list once I finish talking to everyone this weekend. After this weekend when final ruleset is done it is done. If I start to flip flop it would deter people from coming. Since it is so far away it is ok and since I want the best exp possible I have no problem addressing concerns.

So I gues thats me saying do not worry:)

Cia

das kwl
Yeah.. my stage list is an attempt to break free from the current trend that suggests that there are only about .. 8 usable stages in melee.

I've also chosen to keep the stage strike rule in because it does allow a bit more control in selecting a preferred stage for rd 1.

Kage - lol. Fact: I've only gone Mute City whenever I couldn't go to FD. =D

pockyD

Smash Legend
actually that was something I kinda wanted cause I did enjoy the stage ( I play marf/sheik so ya Lol )

I will not flip flop on the stage list once I finish talking to everyone this weekend. After this weekend when final ruleset is done it is done. If I start to flip flop it would deter people from coming. Since it is so far away it is ok and since I want the best exp possible I have no problem addressing concerns.

So I gues thats me saying do not worry:)
if you didn't want to deter people from going due to the stage list, why would you deviate from the pound4 list, which AFAIK got positive feedback and is the one sanctioned by the MBR?

people are more likely to choose not to come because of a dumb stage that's legal than (what they think is) an ok stage that's banned

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
again pocky I was ok with the stage list and I was ok with being a little more liberal.

People will not decide to come right now because of it since we will look at it and discuss it ( me and a few TOs ).

I like your blunt style. It is really helpful. Thanks for the input.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I'm gonna perform some magic tricks myself, I'll be taking away some ladies virginity at this, it works better when she screams and fights, hood magic b!tches.
We call that "Surprise" magic =] Its works well. Ad after meeting you at Pound... I could see you pulling it off rather well lol. Although I'll also teach you how to turn invisible. makes it easier to escape any troubles. Like when they feel like talking afterwards or maybe even trying to get your number so you guys could go on a date...

Man this tournament is getting more hype each day... and there's still so much time left.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Might I suggest not only talking to the people you like and or are helping you run the tournament, but with the people in the MBR who decided on the p4 rule set and maybe get their inputs then make your decisions. The guys running your tournaments just might not be the best people to lay out the fairest rule set for the entire community where as the MBR are (or at least the closest thing we have).

Eggm

Smash Hero
I was gonna make a post there actually
Ok ****, glad to see your on top of this. I want this to be baller. Its in my home state. Tristate better be taking MAD top placings gotta protect our area. I know I'm training hard and gonna keep hosting tunes biweeklies until this to keep us in shape.

Edit : Would also break my heart to see some one pay 500$ from another country to lose on mute city.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
That stage is just too ridiculous even in 1v1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXYiayOd7x8 <_<
LMAO I knew exactly what match this was before I even clicked on it XD

oh man...do we really need this debate again? hopefully the thread won't get wall-of-texted like the P4 thread.

maybe like an AIM or Skype group chat this weekend with TOs/Staff and MBR peoples?

Alukard

Smash Hero
stadium is 100 million times more fair then mute ... i really dont understand how that is even an argument seriously

tw1n

Smash Champion
Toasty! Come to New Mexico real quick and make me some nachos please...

Or else you better be making tons of them come August

Eggm

Smash Hero
stadium is 100 million times more fair then mute ... i really dont understand how that is even an argument seriously
Thank you! Armada was able to overcome it vs hax in r3 at pound 4. No falcon ever not even mango, SS, dark rain could have beaten armada in r3 on mute. Maaaaybe mango, but hes like 800x better as a player than everyone x 10.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
it's not like there'll be any new arguments though

most everything has already been said
of course but if Alex's decision on the matter is "I'll talk to the staff and other qualified individuals this weekend before making a final decision" then just leave it at that since it's his tournament.

Even if it'll just end up being a chorus of people saying "lol P4 stages plox"...and VaNz.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
why is the venue fee triple the cost of doubles?
that makes no sense

sorry if this is your first time posting here but I'll make this brief

I explained before that Pound 4 had a $30 venue fee...not only that ... $30 breaks down to $10 per day and the venue is huge and in a university.

I think others can explain it more but I'll leave it as I addressed this and I was gonna put up the price once Pre-Reg is made but I figured people need to know NOW what to save for.

I know that makes sense but if you need help understand i'll explain better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom